• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is'nt Rambo III included?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      I dont care what anyone says, ROTJ was damned good entertainment, and i left the theater(yes, theater!) with a HUGE POOP EATING GRIN.

I dont care about special effects mistakes. I don't even care about special effects at all.

Yes, the Ewoks are stupid, i agree, granted.

Beyond that it was the perfect end to the perfect trilogy.

I am sorry that your sensibilities and tastes have denied you the same enjoyment i felt when the credits rolled on Ep VI the first time i saw it.

Ep I-III IMO sucked though, completely.
      ROTJ:
      Story - Bad.
      Acting - Bad.
      Direction - Bad.
      Music - Bad.
      FX - Bad.

I tried to enjoy it, I really did. But I was pole-axed from the moment I saw that Starlog article with a half-constructed Death Star picture.

"Another Death Star? Why that's just... just... weak."

Now I refer to PM as "Return of Return of the Jedi", because we have the same story formula and even the same ending (ground battle/space battle/saber battle), but I think the saber fight is the best of all 6, or at least tied with that of ESB, and I like the music. And the FX are top-notch.

But for me I rate them, best to worst, as

SW
      ESB
      ROTS
      AOTC
      PM
      ROTJ

But that's just me. If you like ROTJ, I'm happy.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
        Jaws three deserves to be on that list more than Jaws The Revenge.
        Jaws III in 3d: coming atcha!
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

LOL. Anybody ever ride the Jaws ride at Universal Studios? Just as bad as the sequels.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

25. The Matrix Reloaded: Violence, heroes, good, evil, what more could a growing boy ask for?

24. The Next Karate Kid: I don't remember the movie, but I got a kiss from a lovely young lady durring the flick, so it's good with me.

23. Porky's II: The Next Day: Just the girl fake puking in the crowded resturant is worth watching this one.

22. Teen Wolf Two: Didn't see either one. Sounds bad though.

21. Legally Blonde 2: She saves the little dog's mom. I liked this one too, thought it was good clean fun.

20. The Godfather Part III: Never saw any of the "Godfather" flicks.

19. Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise: I <3 Booger. 'Nuff said...

18. Battle For the Planet of the Apes: Just like #25 violence, heroes, good, evil = good with me.

17. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier: See #25 and #18. It's allways fun to watch Bill "act". :)

16. Ocean's Twelve: I didn't see Oceans One through Eleven either...

15. Dumb and Dumberer: A silly flick, but still pretty fun.

14. Conan the Destroyer: See #25 and #18, once again.

13. The Sting II: Never saw any of these either.

12. Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace: Starwars has been going downhill since Empire.

11. Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights: No idea, doesn't sound good.

10. Jaws: The Revenge: Come on, what's wrong with a giant robot shark? This one is fine with me too.

9. Speed 2
            8. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
            7. The Fly II
            6. Weekend At Bernies II
            5. Batman & Robin
            4. Blues Brothers 2000
            3. Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha' Hood: I didn't see any of these.

2. Caddyshack II: I loved this flick! The lawyer is fantastic.

And # 1:
            1. Staying Alive: Disco really wasn't all that cool, even when it was cool. IIRC the dancing was actually good, but the movie blew. If you're into disco and dance scenes, watch it, otherwise flee for your sanity.
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
              ROTJ:
              Story - Bad.
              I liked the story.

Acting - Bad.
              Same actors in all three, same level of acting in all three. Good or bad(depends on your perspective), they were at least consistent in all three.

Direction - Bad.
              I thought it was fine. Not to the level of ESB certainly, but fine.

Music - Bad.
              Ummmmmm................LOL......variation on a theme dude. The music rocked, like all of them did. :)

FX - Bad.
              FX always look bad and dated years later. And i'm not a real devotee to them. If they rock(Matrix reloaded anyone?) great, but if they suck i don't care much. I like a good epic story, and ROTJ was the climax of an EXTRMELY good and epic story.

Another Death Star? Why that's just... just... weak.
              Sort of like another Iowa class battleship, another Nimitz, another Yamato, or another Bismarck, warships are built as classes.

If you look at the death star as a warship(and it did move from system to system), then it makes perfect sense there would be more than one of them.

I like ROTJ just fine.

Eps I-III i would not piss on even if they were on fire.
              Last edited by Bill; 05 Mar 06,, 05:13.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

FX always look bad and dated years later. And i'm not a real devotee to them. If they rock(Matrix reloaded anyone?) great, but if they suck i don't care much. I like a good epic story, and ROTJ was the climax of an EXTRMELY good and epic story.
                But I'm not talking about NOW, I'm talking about THEN.

Bad matte lines.

Bad matte paintings,

Bad bluescreen composition.

Bad motion-control work.

Bad puppetry.

Bad lighting.

These are all things that I noticed the first night I was in the theater, 'way back then.

All the rest of it is fun to argue but subjective - what I think is bad story, etc., may rock your world, and who's to say I'm right or wrong? But the FX, even the ones which shoud have been cake for ILM by that time, were just generally poorly-executed.

-dale

Comment

How about any movies that the sequel was better than the first one?

(off this topic slightly, My smaller room mate and I are watching Alice in Wonderland-I have never seen this before-What Drugs Was This Person On? I cannot even keep up with the movie )
                  "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                    How about any movies that the sequel was better than the first one?
                    Hands down, The Empire Strikes Back.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                      Hands down, The Empire Strikes Back.
                      Good choice. I'd like to add "Aliens", and "Army of Darkness". :)
                      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I agree. Unless you're a dancer (like me) or enjoy watching it, Stayin Alive is not for you. The plot is very bland IMO.
                        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                          (off this topic slightly, My smaller room mate and I are watching Alice in Wonderland-I have never seen this before-What Drugs Was This Person On? I cannot even keep up with the movie )
                          Opium, or rather laudanum
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

All the rest of it is fun to argue but subjective - what I think is bad story, etc., may rock your world, and who's to say I'm right or wrong? But the FX, even the ones which shoud have been cake for ILM by that time, were just generally poorly-executed.

-dale
                            I don't really get irked about special effects, but yeah, the Ragnark beast scene integration sucked(i honestly saw a movie from 1956, "monster from venus" or some-such the other night that had better- i'm serious)

But i was so blown away by the speederbike scenes,the massive space battle and climactic lightsaber duel, and the awesome conclusion of the story that the ewoks and general over muppetization was for me, easily overlooked.

If you replaced the ewoks with wookies(GEORGE, WTF, WHY DIDNT YOU USE WOOKIES!!!!), that battlescene on Endor would have been much more believeable and well........awesome. ;)

Anyway, i liked it. It was my third favorite of the six.

ESB is easily the best of the six IMO. IMO, it is almost better than the other five combined.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                              I agree. Unless you're a dancer (like me) or enjoy watching it, Stayin Alive is not for you. The plot is very bland IMO.
                              You're a dancer?

Professional?

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                                Good choice. I'd like to add "Aliens", and "Army of Darkness". :)
                                Aliens may just be the greatest sequel in the history of film.

That movie(while terribly flawed in many ways), was 2+ hours of absolutely rock your face off action.

Big time KUDOS to Mr. Cameron for that flick.

"The UA-571 Remote sentry gun weapons system. Don't leave gateway station without it".
                                ~Weyland Yutani weapons brochure. ;)
                                Last edited by Bill; 05 Mar 06,, 05:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X