WIP USS Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Builder,
    I gained a lot from reading and following you thread which I still use as a reference today. You are right about getting more adventurous as I have commenced with the build of the modern New Jersey with the update set from pontos but am taking a break from the ships at the moment and am concentrating on a build of the hobbyboss M1070 and M1000 HETT Along with a Resin D9R armoured Bulldozer for the load. Being an ex Army Engineer plant operator NCO I just couldn't resist it so ship on hold which in some ways is a good thing, especially where things are getting frustrating and the carpet monster is eating everything in site. Will try and get some photos of the New Jersey progress to date soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanP View Post
      concentrating on a build of the hobbyboss M1070 and M1000 HETT Along with a Resin D9R armoured Bulldozer for the load.
      You could post those here also. The modeling section isn't just for ships.

Comment

As evidenced by 15 pages of me building a model railroad...

Comment

Yes gents you are correct shall have to get off my butt and get some photos see new thread

Comment

Hi AllanP.
            Nice build so far especially for only your 2nd build. I to am building the Tam Missouri and also use builders thread for details, how-to's and inspiration. I see you came to the same conclusion as I did with the catapults. in my first big PE build; Trumpeter's USS Fransico CA38 in 1942 fit; I struggled with the WEM catapults so when attempting the GM ones for the Missouri I removed all the upper detail from the kit supplied part and built the GM PE parts on top of the kit part after adding some thin Evergreen strip underneath for support, made life much easier.
            You must like the Iowa class battle wagons to have another in your stash. I have 2 of the Academy Graf Spees' both the standard release and the premium release also the Trumpeter Prinz Eugen and HMS Hood ( nick-named 'The Submarine' by those who sailed in her due to her low free-board aft ) together with all the add-on WEM bits even have replacement screws now unwanted as I'll build her water-line, Finally the Dragon Scharnhorst also with the WEM PE set. Still looking for reviews on these kits but so far not much luck, this forum has mainly US warships, still I'll keep looking.
            Hope you can get back to this build soon, and look forward to some more progress reports.
            Happy modelling and we do this for fun. John the Pom.

Comment

Working...
            X