1/700 Waterline Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/700 Waterline Models

I'm slowly getting back into ship modeling, something I did a lot when I was younger to emulate my grandfather who was an expert large-scale model maker and now has his 5ftL x 4ftH model of the USS Constitution onboard the ship in Boston. Just before I moved away from the hobby in my early teens, I did some work with 1/700 waterline models from Tamiya.

Though tiny (about 1& 1/2 ft for a Carrier), they are highly detailed for plastic kit models. Has anybody else worked with these?
    You know JJ, Him could do it....

Recently finished my first ship model. A 1/350 scale Fletcher class DD.

Had lots of small parts, cannot imagine modeling something half the size

But, there is a much wider selection in 1/700. Try finding amphibs in 1/350:(

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

*USS Wasp amphib at 1/350.:)
      1/350 Gallery Models Wasp LHD1 Amphibious Assault Ship

The 1/350 scale page. You choose the manufacturer.
      Free Time Hobbies - 1/350 Scale
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

And thats the only one. At around $200-250.

For that price I could buy a 1/350 North Carolina and Missouri (WW2 outfit). Along with PE for both

Look up the 1/700 stuff. I could get a model of just about every ship class that I've been on. Never going to see a 1/350 Auston or Anchorage class.

Comment

Yea I figure I might as well fool around with the small stuff while i can still see and work with it. Later on I'll upsize to the bigguns. Ebay has a ton of US 1/700 waterline ships, mostly modern, but at least they are out there. The 1/700's are good for diorama's though since an entire port scene can be made on a tabletop.

Comment

If you want to do a port scene in 1/700, Here is a little inspiration.

It's from another forum,ship building specific, hope the mods don't have a problem posting the link here.

The Ship Model Forum • View topic - A 1:700 scale 1944 Mare Island Navy Yard

Comment

If you want to do a port scene in 1/700, Here is a little inspiration.

It's from another forum,ship building specific, hope the mods don't have a problem posting the link here.

The Ship Model Forum • View topic - A 1:700 scale 1944 Mare Island Navy Yard
              Holy crap. Thats impressive stuff.

Comment

Wow, what a project! I just built a Revell 720 scale Blucher, I like this scale, they are easier to fit on a bookshelf.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Blucher 1:720

here is my latest
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                  X