Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th WAB Modelers Contest: Armor

Dear Members,

I am proud to announce that we are launching the 6th WAB Modeler's Contest. The theme of this contest will be armor. Your submission can be any type of armored vehicle, such as a tank, armored personnel carrier, infantry fighting vehicle, or self-propelled artillery.

Make sure to snap those photos, and submit a photo of your diorama work to compete in the contest.

As with other contests, members have one week to submit pictures of one armored vehicle. After a week of submissions, the submission thread will be closed and a voting thread will be opened. The winner as always takes home a tin of butter cookies!

Good luck!
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Woo hoo!

Do half-completed kits count? Cuz then I can RULE THE WORLD! ;)

-dale

Comment

Ooh c'mon guys... get those entries in!

Can't wait...
      Pete

Comment

Panzer IV Sd. Kfz. 161 Ausf.D

The idea of the tank with all of the characteristics later incorporated in the development of Panzerkampfwagen IV was originally laid down in the early 1930 by Heinz Guderian. In 1934/35, Adolf Hitler ordered Krupp and Rheinmetall-Borsig (and MAN) to develop BW (Begleitwagen) vehicle. Specifications required overall weight to be 18 ton, top speed of 35km/h and 75mm gun as main armament. All companies produced prototypes, which in 1935/36 were tested under various conditions. Rheinmetall-Borsig BW - VK2001(Rh) used Neubaufahrzeug's modified running gear, while Krupp's BW - VK2001(K) and Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nurnberg AG's VK2002(MAN) both used MAN's newly designed running gear. MAN designed new interleaved suspension system but it was not accepted. Krupp concentrated on the development of the turret while MAN worked on the running gear - VK 2001(MAN). All vehicles had similar characteristics but after extensive tests Krupp's design - VK 2001(K) was selected to enter full-scale production.

Ausf D was produced by Krupp-Gruson and it was produced until May of 1941 with total of 229 produced. Panzer IV Ausf D was truly the first production model and remained in service until 1944. It featured new front hull plate design (as Ausf A) and new external gun mantlet.

This tank is from 2 Panzer Division in Semois 1940.

Comment

OH wow! Nice job with that model, Nord... Very detailed!
          Pete

Comment

Pkwz V Panther-Not the prettiest sight for a Sherman driver to see ;) .
            Attached Files
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That's a sweet Panther, Shamus... good job!
              Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete:) ,I like Nord's,he always does an awesome job on his detailing,did you see his F-16?
                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                  Thanks Pete:) ,I like Nord's,he always does an awesome job on his detailing,did you see his F-16?
                  Well done Shamus:) Another of your hidden talents! I agree with your comments about Nords work - but do you mean Toadily Orzm?
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Voting is going to be tough this time again :)
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Pkwz V Panther-Not the prettiest sight for a Sherman driver to see ;) .
                      I'd think the Tiger would be the ultimate fright sight for Sherman crews!

Nice Panther though, sweet!

Now the question is what scales are you guys using?
                      Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin View Post
                        I'd think the Tiger would be the ultimate fright sight for Sherman crews!

Nice Panther though, sweet!

Now the question is what scales are you guys using?
                        That's a really good question,this was built about 7 yrs ago and the box is long gone...I think 1/48th but I could be wrong.

Comment

That's a really good question,this was built about 7 yrs ago and the box is long gone...I think 1/48th but I could be wrong.
                          A long box, Don? Sounds more like a one thirtyfifth.:))
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                            A long box, Don? Sounds more like a one thirtyfifth.:))

Comment

I build 1/35 only!

Comment

Working...
                              X