X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome C17

Just have a look at this baby.
    I am absolutely in awe at how these guys can create something like this, let alone fly it.
    When you think of all these awards they hand out for sport and some moronic sculpture or poem some poet does. These guys get nothing.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by 101st Airborne View Post
    Just have a look at this baby.
    I am absolutely in awe at how these guys can create something like this, let alone fly it.
    When you think of all these awards they hand out for sport and some moronic sculpture or poem some poet does. These guys get nothing.
    That really is incredible.

Where are those guys from?
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
      That really is incredible.

Where are those guys from?
      The UK. They have their own website. They even made a jet-engined B-52 that they weren't smart enough to keep on the ground when it was too windy. They discovered that not only does it fly like the real thing, but also crashes in a perfect miniature fireball, as well.
      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido View Post
        They discovered that not only does it fly like the real thing, but also crashes in a perfect miniature fireball, as well.
        Did they find the mini Black-Box:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Did they find the mini Black-Box:)
          ROFLOL
          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

There's a huge website (that I can't find) on the building of both the B-52 and the C-17.

Here's video of the RC B-52 crash:
            UN-OFFICAL R/C Turbine B-52 Information Page

Here's the real thing:
            YouTube - Military airplane, B-52, crashes

The jerk Lt. Col. Holland, came pretty darned close to killing a sizeable portion of my family with that stunt. They also have film of him cresting a mountain ridge with tens of feet of clearance dropping training flares on protestors wielding a sign, not the smartest thing to do in dry, pine forest habitat. I actually saw him at an airshow performance doing low-altitude knife-edge turns, zoom climbs, and near-hammerhead stalls in a B-52. We had the Thunderbirds groundcrew in front of us at the time, and when they saw the stunts, their jaws dropped, dead silent, then were suddenly chattering angrily with each other. Holland had actually popped rivets out of the airframe. You do NOT do those kinds of stunts with a heavy bomber. The crash was his last scheduled flight before retirement. Too bad he had to take seven other lives along with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido View Post
              There's a huge website (that I can't find) on the building of both the B-52 and the C-17.

Here's video of the RC B-52 crash:
              UN-OFFICAL R/C Turbine B-52 Information Page

Here's the real thing:
              YouTube - Military airplane, B-52, crashes

The jerk Lt. Col. Holland, came pretty darned close to killing a sizeable portion of my family with that stunt. They also have film of him cresting a mountain ridge with tens of feet of clearance dropping training flares on protestors wielding a sign, not the smartest thing to do in dry, pine forest habitat. I actually saw him at an airshow performance doing low-altitude knife-edge turns, zoom climbs, and near-hammerhead stalls in a B-52. We had the Thunderbirds groundcrew in front of us at the time, and when they saw the stunts, their jaws dropped, dead silent, then were suddenly chattering angrily with each other. Holland had actually popped rivets out of the airframe. You do NOT do those kinds of stunts with a heavy bomber. The crash was his last scheduled flight before retirement. Too bad he had to take seven other lives along with him.
              I heard before the flight there were people who refused to fly with him,if hes the guy from Spokane?

Comment

Horrido how the hell did he keep his flying license?

Comment

Originally posted by BudW View Post
                  I heard before the flight there were people who refused to fly with him,if hes the guy from Spokane?
                  That is correct, so whoever was in charge of Holland protected those under his command, took the seat next to Holland on that flight, and gave his life for his convictions.

If you watch the video frame by frame, just before the impact, you can see the hatch for the co-pilot's ejection seat opening. He almost made it out...almost.

Horrido how the hell did he keep his flying license?
                  No clue. I'm not and never have been military, just a lot of friends in the service. That's the realm of military politics that makes absolutely no sense to me. I do know, that those responsible for the failed leadership and command that resulted in this incident were quickly promoted and sent elsewhere, and that is not a joke.

Comment

B52 or C17, I'm still in awe at their technical achievement.
                    A triumph of human endevour.

Comment

That C17 looks great Modelling to the Nth degree.
                      As for the B.52 accident pity people died, really with models that big surely there must be some flying regulations for these large and potentially dangerous models.

Comment

Originally posted by John the Pom View Post
                        That C17 looks great Modelling to the Nth degree.
                        As for the B.52 accident pity people died, really with models that big surely there must be some flying regulations for these large and potentially dangerous models.
                        We really don't need to reopen a thread from 7 years ago.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                        X