Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Europe vaccine mandates are not just plausible, they could pay off

The hospitalization rates of the non vaccinated are on the rise.

You can sense this idea of vaccine pass is going to take off whether people like it or not.

Europe is entering into another round of lockdowns. I see people without masks and ask why they aren't wearing one.

....because they tell me its over

The real answer is they have no fear
    Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Dec 21,, 20:13.

Comment

• Had to check out the Unherd site for this

https://unherd.com/thepost/inside-au...ternment-camp/

They have covid internment camps in the state of Victoria. If you're found positive that's where you end up.

I think they are following the Taiwanese play book. Aggressive contact tracing is how to keep numbers down.

We don't have this in India (yet) but last year my friend's wife and sons ended up in enforced isolation in a hotel for the same duration of two weeks after returning from a trip from Europe.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Dec 21,, 20:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        You realize that's basically a British neocon propaganda channel that intentionally constantly toes the Covid Denier line?

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
          You realize that's basically a British neocon propaganda channel that intentionally constantly toes the Covid Denier line?
          Call it what you want.. They do challenge the conventional wisdom on a regular basis and do quite a good job of it. Quite professional.

So you're ok with internment camps for the local citizenry then ?

With visitors from abroad this has become the norm. We stick them in hotels because trusting them has too often led to them breaking quarantine.

Jus the other day we had someone come over from S.Africa. He was trusted to self quarantine in the 5 star hotel he was booked in.

But he had to get tested and then we would decide what to do with him. Three days later the govt was stunned to discover he'd left the country.

He bribed the test centre to issue a negative report, got on the next flight and left (!)

That is foreigners what about locals ?

We've had those cases too, connected people making an absolute mockery of the system. They get away and end up creating a contact tracing nightmare.

Where do you draw the line is the unasked question brought up in that video ? what is and isn't acceptable.

The only reason they sent her there is because she lied about being tested when she had not. She never tested positive during her stay there.

The rest of her friends who had contact with some one positive were allowed to self isolate at home because they were in the system after being tested.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Dec 21,, 14:25.

Comment

• here is what i mean by doing a good job of it

Is Omicron as much of a threat as the Delta variant ?

The hospitalization data from South Africa would suggest not.

As a virus gets less lethal it becomes more infectious.

He's made some statements in that video and will be back in another 4 weeks to see if he has it right.

S.Africa has a decent disease surveillance network so there is some useful data here.

Who's asking these questions kato ? who dares to makes such statements.

All i see in the media these days is we got to be careful and prepare. Nothing wrong with that.

People are already getting complacent i can see.

Just because you got vaxxed does not mean you don't have to wear a mask because you can still catch or spread.

But saying this seems to be falling on deaf ears with people I meet.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Dec 21,, 14:27.

Comment

Had to check out the Unherd site for this

https://unherd.com/thepost/inside-au...ternment-camp/

They have covid internment camps in the state of Victoria. If you're found positive that's where you end up.

I think they are following the Taiwanese play book. Aggressive contact tracing is how to keep numbers down.

We don't have this in India (yet) but last year my friend's wife and sons ended up in enforced isolation in a hotel for the same duration of two weeks after returning from a trip from Europe.
              Hong Kong did the same thing with SARS, back in 2003.
              A holiday camp in Sai Kung Country Park (like US national parks) was turned into an isolation facility.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

The only reason they sent her there is because she lied about being tested when she had not. She never tested positive during her stay there.

The rest of her friends who had contact with some one positive were allowed to self isolate at home because they were in the system after being tested.
                Falsifying documentation (by making a false statement) with regard to having been tested - in defiance of a lawful bill - can result in up to two years prison over here in Germany. After the mandated quarantine of course. And if in defiance of that you're transmitting your virii it goes toup to five years prison. And that's not something installed with this pandemic, but has been in force for decades.

It is irrelevant whether someone is a local or a foreigner. If they cannot comply with rather minor inconveniences then in my opinion yes, a less minor inconvenience such as a one- or two-week quarantine is an appropriate immediate protective measure for the population from their hedonist, narcissistic behaviour.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                All i see in the media these days is we got to be careful and prepare. Nothing wrong with that.
                My local (rather conservative-rightwing) newspaper lists which articles that they have on their website are most-read.

Right now the Top 8 most read out of the Top 10 concern Covid, and none of them are about a "careful and prepare" notion, we're long past that:

Click image for larger version  Name:	paper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	1579369
                The other two, for reference, are about some nearby industry buildings being town down and a service interruption for Vodafone in a local area.

Comment

• My wife and I are traveling to see my family (including my 89-90 year-old parents) tomorrow, so we went down to Adventist Healthcare to get our COVID-19 tests, and were more surprised than pleased to be facing charges of $179 each, rather than the $65 they charge at the airport. So, we opted instead for self-testing kits from CVS (six tests for $72…), and are expecting the results by the time I finish this. We got the last of the test kits, but they were expecting a delivery sometime today.

Negative.

Trust me?
                  I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    My wife and I are traveling to see my family (including my 89-90 year-old parents) tomorrow, so we went down to Adventist Healthcare to get our COVID-19 tests, and were more surprised than pleased to be facing charges of $179 each, rather than the $65 they charge at the airport. So, we opted instead for self-testing kits from CVS (six tests for $72…), and are expecting the results by the time I finish this. We got the last of the test kits, but they were expecting a delivery sometime today.

Negative.
                    No free tests? I have yet to pay for a single test for me or my son and we have had far more than one each this year. My wife gets tested at work every week.

Comment

My wife and I are traveling to see my family (including my 89-90 year-old parents) tomorrow, so we went down to Adventist Healthcare to get our COVID-19 tests, and were more surprised than pleased to be facing charges of $179 each, rather than the $65 they charge at the airport. So, we opted instead for self-testing kits from CVS (six tests for $72…), and are expecting the results by the time I finish this. We got the last of the test kits, but they were expecting a delivery sometime today.

Negative.
                      Probability of false negative and false positive test results are nontrivial in the self-tests. You can significantly reduce the probability of false negative and false positive test results by taking a second test with 24 hour interval between tests, if the test results are consistent.
                      Last edited by JRT; 22 Dec 21,, 22:34.

Comment

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Times New Roman]So, we opted instead for self-testing kits from CVS (six tests for $72…)
                        Self-testing kits range at around 2-4 Euro per test here, less for business procurement... i know people who shove those up their nose every day voluntarily, and in some professions it's required and then has to be provided by the employer.

There are cheaper ones (typically around 1.50 at the moment) but those tend to often be sold out.

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                        were more surprised than pleased to be facing charges of $179 each, rather than the $65 they charge at the airport.
                        Was that for PCR tests ? Those have around the same price here (150-180 Euro) if you have to pay yourself (i.e. if you have no symptoms) and want a fasttracked result within less than 2 hours - and around 60 to get a result only after 24 hours. Usually places offer only one of these options.

Documented antigen tests at accredited test centers were around 15-30 Euro here during the short time where the government didn't pick up the tab and you had to pay yourself. Nominally every resident is entitled to get one per week for free, although no one really checks that and the government just pays a flat 21 Euro per test.
                        Last edited by kato; 22 Dec 21,, 22:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                          Falsifying documentation (by making a false statement) with regard to having been tested - in defiance of a lawful bill - can result in up to two years prison over here in Germany. After the mandated quarantine of course. And if in defiance of that you're transmitting your virii it goes toup to five years prison. And that's not something installed with this pandemic, but has been in force for decades.

It is irrelevant whether someone is a local or a foreigner. If they cannot comply with rather minor inconveniences then in my opinion yes, a less minor inconvenience such as a one- or two-week quarantine is an appropriate immediate protective measure for the population from their hedonist, narcissistic behaviour.
                          Is a zero Covid policy sensible ?

Lockdowns initiated when cases are in the mere tens. That's what's driving these internment camps.

Comment

• A zero covid policy is a myth and a dangerous one at that

Comment

• So Djokovic has been deported from Australia. The open is now wide open for the rest of the top seeded players

Considering how Aussies get treated during this whole Covid thing i suppose they don't have a problem with the judgement.

They had to put up with the rules and so does everyone else.

A sign of things to come....elsewhere too

Comment

So Djokovic has been deported from Australia. The open is now wide open for the rest of the top seeded players

Considering how Aussies get treated during this whole Covid thing i suppose they don't have a problem with the judgement.

They had to put up with the rules and so does everyone else.

A sign of things to come....elsewhere too
                                Of greater concern of the Australian officials was he lied on his visa application about his previous travels to get to Australia. If you or I did that we may not have even made it past customs.
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X