No announcement yet.

Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't matter if it's in the low 10s or the 1000s, cabin fever has set in and that is dangerous in of itself.
    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Going into lockdown when cases are in the 10s means you come out of it sooner than if they were in the tens of thousands.
      I see the word "lockdown" as relative given over here we have a four-stage concept depending on local incidence rate. The concept mostly spells out contact and business limitations variably for incidence stages (i.e. how many people to what space, do you need to maintain contact lists, do people need to be vaccinated or tested negative etc).

Most of my state is currently in Stage 1 of that concept (except for one city 50 km from me that is in Stage 2) and thus in a fully relaxed lockdown. Statewide in the current lull between third wave and expected Delta wave we now have about 100 cases per day for 11 million people (i.e. only 30% higher than Australia), with half a million having been infected so far (seven times as many relative to population compared to Australia) and six million vaccine doses applied (relative to population twice the numbers of Australia...).

The above "why do they need to wear masks again" is pretty funny from our perspective here. Masks don't have anything to do with lockdowns for us, but are a given that comes way before that. Realistically i don't expect mask requirements in Germany to be lifted anytime before next spring regardless of incidence rate, and that's seeing it optimistically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Doesn't matter if it's in the low 10s or the 1000s, cabin fever has set in and that is dangerous in of itself.
        Divorce rate going up

Comment

• Arkansas is seeing a spike in Delta variants because people do not trust the vaccines. FTR: I got the pfizer and had zero side effects. I also did my reports to the cdc for vaccine tracking.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
            Arkansas is seeing a spike in Delta variants because people do not trust the vaccines. FTR: I got the pfizer and had zero side effects. I also did my reports to the cdc for vaccine tracking.
            Look who's here

Comment

• The times are strict in Australia

Comment

Arkansas is seeing a spike in Delta variants because people do not trust the vaccines. FTR: I got the pfizer and had zero side effects. I also did my reports to the cdc for vaccine tracking.
                Ah, I had the opposite with Pfizer. At least on the second shot. First shot was nothing except some numbness at the injection site.

I got the second shot around 7pm on a Friday, and thought it would be much the same. Then around 1pm the next day, 18 hours later, I started feeling really tired. I sat down for a moment and had a cup of coffee, hoping to get a second wind, as I'd planned to spend the entire day getting some stuff done. Then I was aching, then I was freezing cold.

I laid down on a couch and couldn't cover myself with enough blankets, passed out dead tired despite having had a full night's sleep. It was 82 degrees on the thermostat. Woke up a few hours later to a moderate headache, and was a bit groggy and achy the rest of the evening.

But, it was worth it. Maybe that's how you know if it works.

Funny thing is, I got my first shot in Illinois. Second shot in Minnesota. First was at Walmart, second at CVS. There must be no information sharing because CVS thought I was there for a first shot. I told them I was there for my second, and they made a note of that in their system. But, I suppose I could get a third if I wanted. Anybody could. I've heard really good things about third shots for the immunocompromised after two having little effect on immunity, and I cannot see how it would not be hugely beneficial to someone who isn't immunocompromised as well.

I'm definitely tempted to get a third shot, but have been debating the ethics of it. If I knew the dose were to otherwise go to waste, I'd have no problem getting the third shot on the sly.
                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• So now we have people who SAY they don't trust the vaccine but are perfectly comfortable using hydroxychloroquine (plaquenil) in the past and now invermectin. One an immunosuppressive for things like lupus and an anti-malarial also and the other used by for parasitic worms. Neither approved for use against Covid much less rigorously studied for such a use.

So in the alternate universe Covid vaccine bad because it had no FDA approval but the other two (which can be bad if used incorrectly) are good despite no FDA approval. Gotta love crackpots...

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    So now we have people who SAY they don't trust the vaccine but are perfectly comfortable using hydroxychloroquine (plaquenil) in the past and now invermectin. One an immunosuppressive for things like lupus and an anti-malarial also and the other used by for parasitic worms. Neither approved for use against Covid much less rigorously studied for such a use.

So in the alternate universe Covid vaccine bad because it had no FDA approval but the other two (which can be bad if used incorrectly) are good despite no FDA approval. Gotta love crackpots...
                    Ivermectin has been studied for SARS viruses and has proven results. Its just cheap, and cheap is not American.

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines (nih.gov)

A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness - PubMed (nih.gov)

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID-19 - PubMed (nih.gov)

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19 (nih.gov)

Use of Ivermectin Is Associated With Lower Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019: The Ivermectin in COVID Nineteen Study - PubMed (nih.gov)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      Ah, I had the opposite with Pfizer. At least on the second shot. First shot was nothing except some numbness at the injection site.

I got the second shot around 7pm on a Friday, and thought it would be much the same. Then around 1pm the next day, 18 hours later, I started feeling really tired. I sat down for a moment and had a cup of coffee, hoping to get a second wind, as I'd planned to spend the entire day getting some stuff done. Then I was aching, then I was freezing cold.

I laid down on a couch and couldn't cover myself with enough blankets, passed out dead tired despite having had a full night's sleep. It was 82 degrees on the thermostat. Woke up a few hours later to a moderate headache, and was a bit groggy and achy the rest of the evening.

But, it was worth it. Maybe that's how you know if it works.

Funny thing is, I got my first shot in Illinois. Second shot in Minnesota. First was at Walmart, second at CVS. There must be no information sharing because CVS thought I was there for a first shot. I told them I was there for my second, and they made a note of that in their system. But, I suppose I could get a third if I wanted. Anybody could. I've heard really good things about third shots for the immunocompromised after two having little effect on immunity, and I cannot see how it would not be hugely beneficial to someone who isn't immunocompromised as well.

I'm definitely tempted to get a third shot, but have been debating the ethics of it. If I knew the dose were to otherwise go to waste, I'd have no problem getting the third shot on the sly.
                      My stepson already has his 3rd shot, we will get ours on the 20th.

Comment

• Still have a hard time reading the complete sentence?

So in the alternate universe Covid vaccine bad because it had no FDA approval but the other two (which can be bad if used incorrectly) are good despite no FDA approval.

Comment

Still have a hard time reading the complete sentence?

So in the alternate universe Covid vaccine bad because it had no FDA approval but the other two (which can be bad if used incorrectly) are good despite no FDA approval.
                          But... But... But... there was a study in Bangladesh with almost 80 people that proved that it works. Not like the Pfizer trials that only used like 4000 people.

And to think I could have gone to Tractor Supply and got that stuff cheap. You know, Instead of going to CVS and getting the vaccine for free /S

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

But... But... But... there was a study in Bangladesh with almost 80 people that proved that it works. Not like the Pfizer trials that only used like 4000 people.

And to think I could have gone to Tractor Supply and got that stuff cheap. You know, Instead of going to CVS and getting the vaccine for free /S
                            I have figured out how to use without ingesting Ivermectin...I'll use it as toothpaste.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Still have a hard time reading the complete sentence?

You said ivermectin has not been rigoursly studied. That was a lie. Though given the nature of the author I don't know if it was out of ihnorance or malice.

I signed up for the pfizer day 1 it was offered to my classification. Was not FDA approved then. If I catch delta or lamda and a doctor thinks human dose ivermectin administered undet a doctors care gives me a better chance to growing old with my wife. I will take it too despite the lack of specific FDA approval.

Comment

You said ivermectin has not been rigoursly studied. That was a lie. Though given the nature of the author I don't know if it was out of ihnorance or malice.

I signed up for the pfizer day 1 it was offered to my classification. Was not FDA approved then. If I catch delta or lamda and a doctor thinks human dose ivermectin administered undet a doctors care gives me a better chance to growing old with my wife. I will take it too despite the lack of specific FDA approval.
                                Do you even read the crap that you link to?

From one of your links:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34318930/

Authors' conclusions: Based on the current very low- to low-certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID-19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID-19 outside of well-designed randomized trials.
                                The FLCCC Alliance are a bunch of alt medicine quacks.

And its really not a study of a medicines effectiveness, if you just searched databases and had no way to control what doses of the medicine you want to find out about. Or have some that took other drugs in addition to. Reviewing 25 studies that each had 35-150 people each is not the same as conducting a trial with 3700 people

Comment

Working...
                                X