Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness & Exercise

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fitness & Exercise

    Colonel, my bodyfat is 27.2%.
    By US Navy standards, I am obese.

    I really have to change this sedentery lifestyle. Researching on exercises and nutrition now. Never thought I would need to buy a kitchen weighing scale to measure food I eat. :(

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1200 Calorie Meal Plan.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1485829

    ^ I have to live with this, everyday now, for atleast 3 months to shed some fat.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

  • #2
    Padmanabhaswamy temple has assets worth $1-$3 trillion? And there are many temples like it here. If we could spent half of it in say healthcare, infrastructure, education, R&D etc. Oops, defence too. And then people who have been investing in gold for centuries. We hoard gold like nothing else. We produce more than we can consume. 40% produce rots every year. There are poor who still sleep hungry. Is India really that poor?
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      I have to live with this, everyday now, for atleast 3 months to shed some fat.
      I hate to break it to you but it will take more than 3 months. In fact, you cannot stop. It has to be a LIFE STYLE change. 20 minutes (or more) training everyday. Healthy eating every day. As soon as you see a plateau, cut another 500 calories from your nutrition.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        I hate to break it to you but it will take more than 3 months. In fact, you cannot stop. It has to be a LIFE STYLE change. 20 minutes (or more) training everyday. Healthy eating every day.
        Proteins - Eggs, chicken, fish cooked with very less oil on a nonstick pan is fine. Some lentils, soyabean, cottage cheese.

        Vitamins - I'm not getting quality veggies due to Covid-19, as also greens.

        Carbs - If I don't eat rice, I feel weak. I need a good substitute, but don't know what. Wheat?

        Bought multi-vitamin & multi-mineral capsules for a month. Every other get shredded video talks about it. Not going to buy whey protein as of now, will wait for a month to see results, then buy.

        Anyway, cottage cheese = cheese (casein) + water (whey), if I make it at home.

        As soon as you see a plateau, cut another 500 calories from your nutrition.
        ^ Don't know what that means. Are you saying, if I see improvement, I need to cut another 500 calories from my diet? If so, how will I live with 700 calories/day? Your idea of diet will leave me malnourished. :D

        Healthy foods are so costly, damn. Healthy foods should be free.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Proteins - Eggs, chicken, fish cooked with very less oil on a nonstick pan is fine. Some lentils, soyabean, cottage cheese.

          Vitamins - I'm not getting quality veggies due to Covid-19, as also greens.

          Carbs - If I don't eat rice, I feel weak. I need a good substitute, but don't know what. Wheat?
          Nothing wrong with carbs. Count all the calories you eat in a day and cut 500 calories from that to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

          Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Bought multi-vitamin & multi-mineral capsules for a month. Every other get shredded video talks about it. Not going to buy whey protein as of now, will wait for a month to see results, then buy.
          Unless you're going into steroid use, skip all this. You get more than your needs from what you've listed. All those shred vids you've been watching are nothing more than advertising for overpriced junk. The only reason why you would use whey protien is because you forced your body to accept more protien, aka steroids.

          Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          ^ Don't know what that means. Are you saying, if I see improvement, I need to cut another 500 calories from my diet? If so, how will I live with 700 calories/day? Your idea of diet will leave me malnourished. :D
          You ARE going to get hungry. There is ZERO ways around that. Get used to it.

          My point is that if you have not reach your ideal weight and you're not seeing any movement downwards, then cut another 500 calories per day from your diet. You should be anywhere from 3000-4000 calories a day right now. A man needs 2000 calories just to live but do nothing, ie you're just laying in bed. Depending on how active you are, the additional 1000-2000 calories is what you spend (if you're not putting on weight).

          Also don't be in a haste. Took you over 10 years to reach this point in your life, it's going to take more than 3 months to get shredded (and you really don't want that - you need fats).

          Comment


          • #6
            Also drink water. Sometimes it's thirst and not hunger
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

            Comment


            • #7
              Fantastic point. I've forgotten about that. If you ain't peeing, you're dehydrated. Water also flushes everything your body doesn't need out of your system.

              You also GET 1 HARD LIQUOR SHOT or 1 BEER per week! Alcohol is like refined sugar. It has to turn into fat before your body can use it. You can burn carbs right away if your body needs it. So, stay sober.

              Comment


              • #8
                Also add weight training to your exercise regimen. Doesn't have to be a big gym rig. Just some dumb bells and/or resistance bands.

                Not looking to bulk up; work on your core.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

                Comment


                • #9
                  AR, can we have a new 'Fitness Thread' from post #17634. Thank you.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                    Nothing wrong with carbs. Count all the calories you eat in a day and cut 500 calories from that to lose 1-2 pounds a week.
                    Okay. I already started my workout from yesterday evening.

                    Does jump rope burn calories? I read that it is better than jogging or running on treadmill. Pushups are not for daily exercise right? The day I do chest/back workouts, is the day I do pushups, or I should do it everyday after stretching?

                    Unless you're going into steroid use, skip all this. You get more than your needs from what you've listed. All those shred vids you've been watching are nothing more than advertising for overpriced junk. The only reason why you would use whey protien is because you forced your body to accept more protien, aka steroids.
                    Hmmm, which is why I was thinking, all those fat in my belly, how in the hell do these magically disappear in 3 months, with 6 pack abs staring at me.

                    I will not use steroid, but multi-vitamins/minerals and whey protein are steroid?

                    You ARE going to get hungry. There is ZERO ways around that. Get used to it.

                    My point is that if you have not reach your ideal weight and you're not seeing any movement downwards, then cut another 500 calories per day from your diet. You should be anywhere from 3000-4000 calories a day right now. A man needs 2000 calories just to live but do nothing, ie you're just laying in bed. Depending on how active you are, the additional 1000-2000 calories is what you spend (if you're not putting on weight).
                    Makes sense.

                    Also don't be in a haste. Took you over 10 years to reach this point in your life, it's going to take more than 3 months to get shredded (and you really don't want that - you need fats).
                    Not 10, for almost 20 years I have had this lazy lifestyle, eating oily foods and sitting on a chair and working.
                    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      Also drink water. Sometimes it's thirst and not hunger
                      Great point.

                      Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      Fantastic point. I've forgotten about that. If you ain't peeing, you're dehydrated. Water also flushes everything your body doesn't need out of your system.

                      You also GET 1 HARD LIQUOR SHOT or 1 BEER per week! Alcohol is like refined sugar. It has to turn into fat before your body can use it. You can burn carbs right away if your body needs it. So, stay sober.
                      How much is 1 hard liquor shot (in milliliter)?

                      Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      Also add weight training to your exercise regimen. Doesn't have to be a big gym rig. Just some dumb bells and/or resistance bands.

                      Not looking to bulk up; work on your core.
                      Doing exactly that. Gyms are anyway closed due to Covid-19.

                      Daily Routine: Stretching -> Jump Rope -> Weight Training -> Pushups

                      Day 1 & Day 4 -> Arms & Shoulders, worked out yesterday.
                      Day 2 & Day 5 - > Chest & Back, today
                      Day 3 & Day 6 -> Legs & Abdominals, tomorrow

                      I am using this book as a guide:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 08.28.46.png
Views:	2
Size:	602.9 KB
ID:	1479177

                      Since the book is about free-weights (dumbbell, barbell) as well as machines, and gyms are closed, I am also watching YouTube videos to target specific parts of the body with dumbbell only exercises. I got a pair of dumbbells that I was lucky enough to get in the store and bought it. I also found a crap quality jump rope, bought it and saw that the rope is small, meant for children. I fixed it, by buying nylon rope and replacing the small rope with nylon. Resistance bands, barbells etc I have not found in the market. No supplies. Out of stock.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 28 Jul 20,, 04:07.
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ryan Humiston, he's good.

                        Also, Bodybuilding.
                        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                          Also drink water. Sometimes it's thirst and not hunger
                          Channeling your inner Medic/Corpsman?

                          And Oracle don't forget 800mg Motrin for muscle pain after workouts
                          Human Scum. Proud Never Trumper

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                            Channeling your inner Medic/Corpsman?

                            And Oracle don't forget 800mg Motrin for muscle pain after workouts
                            Thanks. I had some pain behind the elbow. Difficult, but not too difficult to eat with my hand. Thought I damaged some muscle there, but I think it's the after-effect of doing weights after 27-28 years (did arms & shoulders). I have put my elbow on notice till tomorrow. Let's see.
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ^ As I thought, the pain was the after-effects of exercising after almost 3 decades. It started in my right elbow, got better. Then it hit my left elbow. Feeing much better now. 2-3 times, doing the same exercises for the same body part would ease the pain.
                              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X