Scion is no more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cactus View Post
    Tried out a CT200 yesterday... It was a bit too snug for me (I'm just about median sized guy), and not much storage. A friend suggested a Mazda CX5, so I'm checking that out today.

Any other recommendations in the $20-25k, recent-model, used-sedan/XV category? I've a bad lower-back, horrible commutes, and early morning phone calls :(
    How about a Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4? Subaru Forester is not bad either. My friend just bought one. He bought a WRX a few months after that. Must be nice to have extra money lying around.

My niece drives a CX-5. She loves it. My brother said the problem with Mazda is the parts are more expensive than Toyota and Honda because Mazda is not as popular.

If you need to drive in snow with AWD, then there is no other choice than Forester. I saw a test by Motor Trend or one of the other auto magazines on the Forester, RAV4 AWD, and CRV AWD. The results were not even close. Forester was by far superior in snow.

Then there's the Nissan Murano, Rogue, and Juke. I don't know much about them.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioPatrol View Post
      I am still driving a 1995 Saturn SL2 - 240,140 last week
      1995 vintage, when Saturn was still good. It became just another GM car a few years after that.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

CX-5 Touring was a bit stiff for long commutes, and GT wasn't much better. Also looked as Subaru Crosstrek, and it was both stiff and bare for the price. CX-3 Touring AWD was surprisingly more comfortable, if a bit anemic (about 8hp more than my Civic... and >300lbs heavier)... I'm waiting to see what price the dealer offers, and debating if I live with the weaker engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus View Post
          Tried out a CT200 yesterday... It was a bit too snug for me (I'm just about median sized guy), and not much storage. A friend suggested a Mazda CX5, so I'm checking that out today.

Any other recommendations in the $20-25k, recent-model, used-sedan/XV category? I've a bad lower-back, horrible commutes, and early morning phone calls :(
          The CT is a "Upscale" Toyota Matrix. Based on the Corolla frame.

Have you drove a RAV4 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Have you drove a RAV4 yet?
            Yup, dad has one... and it is super comfortable, low maintenance and no headache. Let me see how the CX3 negotiations go; if it fails, I may just round out the Toyota family in my family with a Camry.

Comment

Working...
            X