Passover and Easter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passover and Easter

On behalf of the staff here at the WAB, wishing a joyous Passover and Easter to our Jewish and Christian members and guests.
    sigpic

After 40 days of lent...the first sip of beer tastes like nectar :tankie:

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
      After 40 days of lent...the first sip of beer tastes like nectar :tankie:
      What, no whiskey? .....or was the beer just to warm you up for the main act. ;)
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

LT lent is like Christian Ramzan?

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
          LT lent is like Christian Ramzan?
          Lent over here means no animal based food and no oils last week.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            What I meant to ask, in addition to not drinking (alcohol), do you also fast for 40 days?

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
              What I meant to ask, in addition to not drinking (alcohol), do you also fast for 40 days?
              Yes, but unlike Ramazan, you can eat any time of the day.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Passover is meant to feel to us as if we just left the slavery of Egypt. Now that Passover is finally over, and I can eat Chametz (unleavened bread and byproducts) again, and don't have to suffer through cardboard tasting Matza, I can honestly say that I feel the redemption. In about an hour I'm going to be ordering myself a pie of pizza, and I ain't sharing!
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  I suspect it differs not only by Christian sect, but by local practice too. Many Christians in Australia simply give up 'something' as their act of self sacrifice during Lent. Others barely observe it at all.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Happy Easter and Passover guys.
                    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      I suspect it differs not only by Christian sect, but by local practice too. Many Christians in Australia simply give up 'something' as their act of self sacrifice during Lent. Others barely observe it at all.
                      Correct.

Here in America, practicing Catholics give up something they really like for 40 days; my wife gave up chocolate for 40 days, and she was immediately regretting it (though, to her credit, she DID stick to her sacrifice!).
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                      X