Clear All

• chanjyj
    replied
    Originally posted by ambidex View Post
    Sir, You mean I am over reacting.

Regards.
    Referring to BM's reply to Ben:
    Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    That is because you were having friendly relations with the local wildlife and they thought you were one of the "guys"

Leave a comment:

• ambidex
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    *** Moan ***
    Sir, You mean I am over reacting.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• ambidex
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    I dunno, I spent half a year in Hamilton, NZ, and that never happened to me.....
    I am living in central across flyover and it is near Hamilton West school; quite a posh and safe locality/suburb.

It's been already a one month now and I am still doing good . Noting down my detail may have been a standard procedure, to be added into a summary of an investigation of having meet with locals and neighbors ?

Leave a comment:

• ambidex
    replied
    Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
    ambidex, you could always ring the police to verify that this was a legitimate police officer on official duty if you're worried. Even if you can't remember the name, the call operator should be able to advise you.
    Yes I was planing to do so, but I thought to give it a go here, to know if it can be a normal thing.

Leave a comment:

• ambidex
    replied
    Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Was he in uniform and was he driving a normal police car or plain car?
    Sorry for the late reply, was quite late yesterday, went to sleep.

He was fully dressed (alone) and with normal police car parked obliquely blocking front of our drive way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    *** Moan ***

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    I dunno, I spent half a year in Hamilton, NZ, and that never happened to me.....
    That is because you were having friendly relations with the local wildlife and they thought you were one of the "guys"

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    ambidex, you could always ring the police to verify that this was a legitimate police officer on official duty if you're worried. Even if you can't remember the name, the call operator should be able to advise you.

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Was he in uniform and was he driving a normal police car or plain car?

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    Originally posted by ambidex View Post
    Not Sure,

You mean If a person is missing for long then they can do search for him/her going door to door. The kind of police force they are I believe they can use better means to search people, than this.
    No, quite the opposite. If a person is missing for a short time they might well go door-to-door. If it's for a long time it is extremely unlikely they'd use this labour intensive, time-consuming method unless they had unearthed something new.

Leave a comment:

• ambidex
    replied
    Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
    Depends. How long has the person been missing for?
    Not Sure,

You mean If a person is missing for long then they can do search for him/her going door to door. The kind of police force they are I believe they can use better means to search people, than this.

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    Depends. How long has the person been missing for?

Leave a comment:

• ambidex
    started a topic Concerned a bit

Concerned a bit

I have moved to Hamilton city three months back (New Zealand).

One month back a police officer knocked on my door and when attended, he asked me If a person (a female Maori name) lives in this apartment. I told him that it is just me, my wife and my son lives in this property (both were not at home that time), and we have moved to this place for just two months back.

Now I can not recall if he tried to lengthened his conversation with me, I will say he did as he wasn't moving after my answer. But I did a mistake (being concerned today I am thinking) I told him that just today I have got a mail of previous tenant which I am going to return, and though I am not good with remembering names other than Indian, I went to my car parked in garage to grab that letter. It was not that person/name he was looking for.

He was then like oh ! it is so annoying to get mail of previous tenants (he even used 'bro' (brother) for me. I told him with smiling face that the mail is still intact not opened and I am going to mail it back.

He then asked me If I am aware of my neighbors. I told him that on my right there is white couple and on my left are two families living in one apartment. One is white couple and other is perhaps Maori.

He then asked me my full name and phone number, and unit number. I cooperated fully with spellings as he noted it down on a little note book he had.

Before he greeted me with good bye (have nice day something), you too from my side, happy faces, I asked him the name of that lady again and it sounded the same he asked me at the first instance. I told him to check with my neighbors (left) as well. I saw him going towards left side apartment, I locked my door but he just went near their door for two or three seconds and then returned back to his car (I saw him through a big glass dark filmed panel I have on the side of my door frame.

I am not sure, before knocking on my door he went to other apartments in my lane (total 5).

Is it normal of police while looking for a person (if that is the case) knocking doors of neighbors and write down details of people they talk.

I did right by cooperating ?
Working...
X