• Show
Clear All

• bigross86
    replied
    Thanks, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Tronic
    replied
    Nyyyettttt!! I guess this now leaves me as the only one on WAB still getting through an undergrad. Couldn't have waited a semester, could you Ben?

Anyways, Congrats!!! And happy hunting!! (Jobs, that is).

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    Well done, Benny!

It makes me proud to think the last 3 years where tankie, the colonel and I spent our precious hours educating you haven't gone to waste.

But if you're going to get married, shouldn't we have that talk about the birds and the bees first?

Congrats, Mr. Gross.
    Last edited by YellowFever; 06 Dec 13,, 22:33.

Leave a comment:

• Tamara
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    It took 3 years of long, grueling, hard work, lots of sleepless hours (without coffee), and loads upon loads of drinking, but last night I finally got my final grade on my final seminar paper and I officially have finished my B.A. studies, studying a double major of Communications and American Studies.

Studying five days a week, and working in the few hours where I wasn't studying (and sometimes overlapping) and weekends, I was able to finish my degree with a final grade of 80.5 in Communications and 83 in American Studies.

Now all that's left is for me to do what most college graduates do, find a job and get married. I found me a woman willing to marry me and we've set a date, so now I gotta find me a job. Anybody know of any decent job positions in the political/pro-Israel advocacy scene in Israel?
    Well, CONGRATULATIONS!

And whatever you do, make sure you walk across that stage.

Me, I've been through 4 of those ceremonies, and each time, though I hear people say "What's the point?", I am glad I did. For me, many might say that earning degrees is a hobby for me and something like that, they could be correct........................................... ......BUT..................................

................when I am in this gym or that, listening to other people in line, hearing what they did, I am both inspired the "next time" to go their route, glad I am there to share my accomplishments with theirs, and frankly, there is no place else I want to be at that moment.

Enjoy your accomplishment and enjoy it's celebration!

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Well done on the degree , married , nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo , giv ya head a shake :slap:

Leave a comment:

• dave lukins
    replied
    Many Congratulations Ben. :)

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    The real world isn't what they said it would be. Stay in school and get a masters. They call it graduate school because you will gradually learn you don't want to be in school anymore.
    I'm considering getting an MA in something, but later. First I wanna get me a real job and start making some real money. Maybe in a coupla years I can get my Masters, studying a coupla days a week

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    Thanks, y'all!

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    The real world isn't what they said it would be. Stay in school and get a masters. They call it graduate school because you will gradually learn you don't want to be in school anymore.

Leave a comment:

• DOR
    replied
    Well done.
    Now, take a bit of time off to remind yourself who you used to be . . .

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Bigross,

Many congratulations!!!

And mazeltov!!!

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Congrats to you on degree...and condolences to your girl friend.

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    Congrats :)

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Thanks! Please do, that'd be awesome!
    Sure, just tell me why you had sleepless nights without coffee??? You joined BF's cult?

Leave a comment:

• lemontree
    replied
    Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X