Maybe we are just wired that way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we are just wired that way

People may get very upset about the sexual suggestions in advertising. Over the years, I am sure many have seen this or that campaign that started a flame war because of how it portrayed women.

But maybe, we are just wired to see the "dark" side in everything, see it in another point of view.

I am looking right now at a local used car dealership informercial, in Spanish. It's quite a happy commercial. Owner male host, perky beautiful girl to promote it, 3 or 4 guys in festive clown costumes, makeup, wrestling masks, big heads, big hats, throwing lots of flour around, to the point that the hostess get so much on her that she's reflecting under the lights of the photography.

Well, between the flour ending up and staying on her dark blouse, face; a leading male who may be the MC; and a few men who are concealing their identities, it looks like she's at a (sexually sensitive practice word that starts with a b) festival!

Maybe we are just wired that way, anyway!

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
    People may get very upset about the sexual suggestions in advertising. Over the years, I am sure many have seen this or that campaign that started a flame war because of how it portrayed women.

But maybe, we are just wired to see the "dark" side in everything, see it in another point of view.

I am looking right now at a local used car dealership informercial, in Spanish. It's quite a happy commercial. Owner male host, perky beautiful girl to promote it, 3 or 4 guys in festive clown costumes, makeup, wrestling masks, big heads, big hats, throwing lots of flour around, to the point that the hostess get so much on her that she's reflecting under the lights of the photography.

Well, between the flour ending up and staying on her dark blouse, face; a leading male who may be the MC; and a few men who are concealing their identities, it looks like she's at a (sexually sensitive practice word that starts with a b) festival!

Maybe we are just wired that way, anyway!
    It does seem that Americans are wired to bitch about anything that does not fall in their own myopic little world view. We also have a different culture than other nations. You really have to wonder when if you cut off a woman's breast in a movie you get an R rating but if you suck on that same breast you get an X or NC-17 rating.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      It does seem that Americans are wired to bitch about anything that does not fall in their own myopic little world view.
      You re not alone.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
      X