Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Well colour me jealous.
    Nothing to add brother. Whenever Pete loaths, pardon solemns... We can open a bottle not to hear him ;)
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      I eat Ethiopian food every week & love it. I am told that while the injera is better there (teff is hard to come by here) the rest can be a bit variable. The vegetarian food is great, but you'd need to be careful if you travelled there. Ethiopians only tend to eat vegetarian non their two 'fast days' per week. The rest of the time it is meat, meat, meat. In fact, the national dish is the delicious raw meat kitfo, which I have been advised by all & sundry to avoid like the plague if I want to stay upright.
      You did not mention coffee. When i hear Eithiopia i think Coffee.

From friends I remember kitfo being mentioned, there was another also called doro. Ehitopians have some crazy cooking that sometimes takes days to prepare. Sounds about as tedious as indian cooking. Should be an interesting trip.

Probably going to spend more time in churches in those 3 weeks than I have in Australia in the past 30+ years.
      So wondered what takes you to Eithiopia. I understand you're an ordained minister.

WABs' only reverend

Comment

Bigfella heads for the 'Heart of Darkness'.....sorta
        Oh, the horror.....the horror......

Comment

All the best for your trip BF. :)
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

From friends I remember kitfo being mentioned, there was another also called doro. Ehitopians have some crazy cooking that sometimes takes days to prepare. Sounds about as tedious as indian cooking. Should be an interesting trip.

So wondered what takes you to Eithiopia. I understand you're an ordained minister.

WABs' only reverend
            Nope, I'm also ordained

Attached Files
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Nice! Seems like a fascinating place to visit. Hope I can go myself some day. Have a safe trip and do remember to take lots of pictures and post all of them here, once you get back.

Comment

"Nope, I'm also ordained..."

Your document is suspicious. I see no counter-signature from myself.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

"...When i hear Eithiopia i think Coffee"

Yup. Liquid ganja.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Never drink the stuff, so I'm afraid that part of the experience is will be lost on me. Fortunately they also make awesome beer.

From friends I remember kitfo being mentioned, there was another also called doro.
                    'Doro' is Amharic for chicken. 'Wot' is a spicy stew, 'alicha' a milder one and 'tibs' is pan-fried meat. Thus 'doro wot' or 'doro tibs (both delightful). Plan to eat both while I'm gone. There is also the delightfully named 'zilzil tibs' which is beef strips.

Ehitopians have some crazy cooking that sometimes takes days to prepare. Sounds about as tedious as indian cooking.
                    Friend of mine takes days to properly prepare the chicken for her doro wot. Crazy stuff.

Should be an interesting trip.
                    Hell yes!

Increasing the flock my son.

WABs' only reverend
                    The only one ordained by a real church anyways. ;)
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      Nope, I'm also ordained

[ATTACH]34261[/ATTACH]
                      Hmmmmmmmm! Not sure that's a real church. Very cool however.
                      sigpic

Comment

Never drink the stuff
                        Reverend, I hope your religion is not offended by those practicing coffee worshiping rituals.

If so, you will spark religious intolerance on WAB. I see a lot of Marines around here, you know ;)

BTW, anyone notified Ethiopian authorities, yet?
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I get your pardon?!

Dudeism - Ordination by the Religion of The Big Lebowski
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Friend of mine takes days to properly prepare the chicken for her doro wot. Crazy stuff.
                            Ah, i get it now this is crock pot x 10. It will be very good.

Increasing the flock my son.
                            Sounds like a mission :)

Comment

Ah, i get it now this is crock pot x 10. It will be very good.
                              Actually, that is BEFORE she even starts cooking it!!! Doing the chicken used to be her job as a kid in Ethiopia - she hated it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Never drink the stuff, so I'm afraid that part of the experience is will be lost on me. Fortunately they also make awesome beer.
                                Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                Reverend, I hope your religion is not offended by those practicing coffee worshiping rituals.
                                My religion certainly is. I now understand Pete's reluctance to visit Australasian headquarters, where it's obligatory to down a flat white before you disembark the plane. Poor chap wouldn't last a minute.....
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X