Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White House Petition seeks to merge American and Australia to form "Ameristralia"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some change, how much goat or sheep can I eat for it?

Thankyou DoK for bringing another semi entertaining thread to a screeching halt.

I mean Pari and the others did their best to bring this thread back up to semi entertaining levels after this groaner:

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Can he call you Shirley?
    ....but you just killed it again.

Ah, hell.....just as well since Benny and tankie seems to be active again and it was only a matter of time before it crashed.

Comment

Hey you are on Idiot Mode [ON], so no entertainment for you.

We do our best.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Hey you are on Idiot Mode [ON], so no entertainment for you.
        And where in the survival guide does it say people on Idiot Mode can't be entertained?

We do our best.
        Yeah, I know....

That's what's so disappointing about this.

Comment

I have some change, how much goat or sheep can I eat for it?
          Definition of change

verb

1make or become different: [with object]:a proposal to change the law [no object]:a Virginia creeper just beginning to change from green to gold

[no object, with complement] alter in terms of:the ferns began to change shape

[no object] (of traffic lights) move from one colour of signal to another: they stopped at the corner, waiting for the lights to change

[no object] (of the moon) arrive at a fresh phase; become new: he is going to be worse for the next two or three days because the moon has changed

2 [with object] take or use another instead of:she decided to change her name

move from one to another:she was a typist who changed jobs incessantly

[no object] move to a different train, bus, etc.:we had to change at Rugby

give up or get rid of (something) in exchange for something else:we changed the flagstones for quarry tiles

remove (something dirty or faulty) and replace it with another of the same kind:he scarcely knew how to change a plug

put a clean nappy on (a baby or young child): I changed her on top of the table until she got too big

[no object] engage a different gear in a motor vehicle:he changed into second

exchange (a sum of money) for the same sum in a different currency or denomination: he popped into a bank to change a ten-pound note into one-pound coins

[no object] put different clothes on:he changed for dinner

noun

1an act or process through which something becomes different:the change from a nomadic to an agricultural society [mass noun]:activities related to environmental change

the substitution of one thing for another:we need a change of government

an alteration or modification:a change came over Eddie’s face

a new or refreshingly different experience:couscous makes an interesting change from rice

[in singular] a clean garment or garments as a replacement for something one is wearing:a change of socks

(the change or the change of life) informal the menopause.

the moon’s arrival at a fresh phase, typically at the new moon.

2 [mass noun] coins as opposed to banknotes:a handful of loose change

money given in exchange for the same sum in larger units: I’d go to the bank and get change

money returned to someone as the balance of the sum paid for something: I watched him check and pocket his change

3 (usually changes) an order in which a peal of bells can be rung.

4 (Change or 'Change) historical a place where merchants met to do business.

Phrases

change address

move house or business premises: people are likely to change address in the course of a year

change colour

blanch or flush: she saw that he had changed colour and she now experienced some of his embarrassment

change hands

(of a business or building) pass to a different owner: the Black Lion pub has changed hands recently

(of money or a marketable commodity) pass to another person in the course of a business transaction: so far, no money has changed hands

a change is as good as a rest

proverb a change of work or occupation can be as restorative or refreshing as a period of relaxation.

change one's mind

adopt a different opinion or plan: he turned to go and then seemed to change his mind

a change of air

a different climate, typically as a means of improving one’s health.

a change of heart

a move to a different opinion or attitude: you can have your money back if you have a change of heart

change places

exchange places or roles:under the bishop’s plan, he and I were to change places

change sides

begin to support a different side in a war or dispute:one of his supporters changed sides

change step

alter one’s step so that the opposite leg is the one that marks time when marching.

change the subject

begin talking of something different, to avoid embarrassment or distress.

change one's tune

express a very different opinion or behave in a very different way: he’d soon change his tune if he thought she’d lost interest

for a change

contrary to how things usually happen or in order to introduce variety:it’s nice to be pampered for a change

get no change out of

British informal fail to get information or a desired reaction from: I doubt if you’ll get much change out of Koogan

ring the changes

vary the ways of expressing or doing something.
          [with allusion to bell-ringing and the different orders in which a peal of bells may be rung]

Phrasal Verbs

change down

British engage a lower gear in a vehicle or on a bicycle: it is important to change down in plenty of time to avoid having to brake sharply

change over

1move from one system or situation to another:arable farmers have to change over to dairy farming

2swap roles or duties: we were allowed to split the night duty between us, changing over at 2 a.m.

change up

British engage a higher gear in a vehicle or on a bicycle: what you notice with a diesel is the need to change up slightly earlier than in a petrol car

Derivatives

changeful
          adjective

Origin:

Middle English: from Old French change (noun), changer (verb), from late Latin cambiare, from Latin cambire 'barter', probably of Celtic origin
          Doc,

With your change, all you can have is a pound of Yella's .....
          Goat and Sheep are expensive.
          sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Maj,

As strange as it may sound, I am wise enough not to touch Col's toys.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Maj,

As strange as it may sound, I am wise enough not to touch Col's toys.
              Makes Sense.
              sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                This would require you to discard Vegemite. And Ricky Ponting. Are you sure you want to go through with this?
                No it would require the US to adopt Vegemite and Ricky Ponting (or at least cricket per sae).

Of course given what I have seen of casual American cuisine this would probably mean mixing dollops of Vegemite and molasses together, deep frying it in butter then rolling it in bread crumbs to serve on top of a stack of pancakes. As for Ricky Ponting and Cricket, the intricacies of the game would also defeat most citizens of the US I suspect until it was reduced to 10 overs played with using "round" bats by teams of swimsuit clad models who could be crash tackled in the mud pool/obstacle course that crossed the centre of the wicket by members of the opposing team.
                Last edited by Monash; 03 Jun 13,, 11:09.
                If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Working...
                X