Message Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glyn View Post
    ARRSE is the ARmyRumourSErvice. It has absolutely nothing to do with officialdom (other to deride it) and the Military must wish that it didn't exist.:) It is uniquely British and has become an institution among serving and ex- serving members of the Crown Forces. It is not for tender souls, but there are nuggets of pure gold in there.:) Why not take a look?
    Nahh. I piss off enough mil guys by daring to open my civilian mouth here on a civilian forum - I have no desire to walk into the lion's den on purpose.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
      Nahh. I piss off enough mil guys by daring to open my civilian mouth here on a civilian forum - I have no desire to walk into the lion's den on purpose.

-dale
      Dale, it is not all Mil. Plenty of "Civvies" your views are as good as the next persons. Just give it a brief look, if you don't like it come back to the BEST!!!:)

Comment

I go to a few forums based on some of my interests like tv, south park and among others. This board is the political board I mainly go to. I also sometimes while checking out some news and politics videos on youtube, look at the comments. Its pretty interesting, there are so many ultranationalists on youtube. They curse each other and use derogoratory terms alot there.
        Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
          What's "Arrse"? Is it fun? Is it crunchable?

-dale
          its sublime.

stumpy the wonderdog...

British Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > General > > NOW That's What I Call ARRSE 1 > > 'KIN 'ELL !! been heavy in here today...so......

squaddies trying to behave like proper people...

British Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > General > > NOW That's What I Call ARRSE 1 > > Squaddies trying to behave like proper people

personal triumphs...

British Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > The Badger's ARRSE > > Now That's What I Call NAAFI Bar > > Is it possible to be nostalgic about swamping the bed?

thers some serious stuff as well....

enjoy.
          before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel View Post
            its sublime.

stumpy the wonderdog...
            Dave,thanks...I laughed so hard I was crying
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
              Wait until your punishment is publicly announced THEN you will see just how creative we are!
              I can't wait
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel View Post
                its sublime.

stumpy the wonderdog...enjoy.
                Hilarious...what a yarn. Loved it.
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Boards

This is the only board I read these days. Used to go to another, where I met Sniper and then followed him here. Altho, I haven't been on here much lately. I dunno if fark counts as a board or not. They've got discussion threads, but I don't participate because it's a pay site to do so. I'm too cheap.
                  Relax. It's worse than you think.

Comment

WAB is my base.
                    I frequent the Pakistani boards and some liberal boards, mostly to utilize the articles and arguments I learn here.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

WAB and then some...

Shek knows as an alumni of Stratpage, having heisted more than a few of us, that many of us still drop by now and again. I hadn't posted there or smallwarsjournal in some time but have done so recently.

ARRSE is a total trip. I'm registered and logged on once for a specific purpose, but for the most, I lurk (mainly to keep tabs on the Brigadier). Somehow, I don't think that the commonwealth lads would appreciate me debunking their theories about us yanks and my skin isn't sufficiently thick to be the true provocateur that I might otherwise imagine.

This is the most balanced and interesting board, short of smallwarsjournal out there. Less highbrow...slightly. I can't think of anybody here who ABSOLUTELY upsets me, and that's damn cool.

I'm a Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin geek so I'm over on BattleFront to occasionally get questions answered.

This is, I suspect, home for me.
                      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

LoL...ha ha ha...

I belong to a few other message boards that I have joined for one reason or another.

The first is a litterbox forum (yes, I did say litterbox). When I was thinking about buy the Cat Genie (which is a very nice litterbox if anyone is currently in the market for a new litterbox) I joined a board to see what others were saying and to get some questions answered. I go back if I come up with other questions and to post updates on the progress (there is a acclimation period for the cats).

I also belong to an anti-clown forum. I really do have that much dislike for clowns that I actually belong to an anti-clown message board.

Lastly, I belong to a child support forum that I joined when my exhusband was not paying his and they led me to the IL Child Support Enforcement Dept and now I stay on there because there are new people coming on that have questions and what not.

WoW My Life Is Sad
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                          I also belong to an anti-clown forum. I really do have that much dislike for clowns that I actually belong to an anti-clown message board.
                          Where do I sign up??? I despise clowns with a passion.

Comment

Clowns

I just saw this clown,WAVY GRAVY about ten days ago at a hippiefest!
                            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

well, given my interests,

i used to be a part of the China Military Forum (http://www.centurychina.com/plaboard/forum.shtml), before all the decent membership left, to be replaced by a bunch of ultranationalist yahoos.

i used to participate a lot in the taiwanese corresponding forum, a spin-off of CMF not so creatively titled Taiwan Military Forum (taiwanmilitary.org, i believe). but then one of the big posters, also named Iron Duke (old USN guy living in taiwan, great fella) left, and the place became quiet as a grave.

i used to be a moderator at the China History Forum (www.chinahistoryforum.com), but because of the somewhat repetitive nature of the topics there- newbies always wanted to discuss long fought-over battles- these days, i'm just ghosting.

finally, i still look into China Defense Forum (http://china-defense.com), where xinhui and OoE moderate. great place, but the nature of that forum is drier and more academic.

i look into ARRSE now and then.

WAB is now my primary forum; i like it because it has a good community/camaraderie feel. cheers
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shameless View Post
                                Where do I sign up??? I despise clowns with a passion.
                                IHateClowns.com

where else?;)

Also lots of anti-clown items for sale...I own some stickers and shirts from there and had gotten my little sister some anti-mime clothes (they are just weird).
                                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
                                X