This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by parihaka
    I'm never going to forgive America for Adam Sandler. It's just to much to ask.
    Parihaka, we understand, and we don't expect forgiveness for him, we know we screwed up there.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• I'm embarassed of him too. He's not even remotely funny now. His old "be as obnoxious as possible and hope people will laugh" routine, only somewhat humorous, is now gone, replaced by a very bland and uninteresting "normal" routine.

Him, Rob Schneider, and a few others seem to be made for those stupid, plotless and boring movies that are pretty much interchangeable.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• I dont think hes great mind you but I thought he did ok in the football flick the Longest yard and Anger management with Jack Nicholson was pretty funny I thought. :)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Happy Gilmour is a classic.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• I had to sit and half an hour of that one where he plays some sort of devil-spawn. Death is too good for him
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• I feel very angry and violent right now.
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

I had to sit and half an hour of that one where he plays some sort of devil-spawn. Death is too good for him
                Doesn't he do that in most of his movies?
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                  I feel very angry and violent right now.
                  I've found smashing large objects with a sledgehammer to be very theraputic

Leibniz

Comment

• Oh yes, it sure is.

Shooting is as well.

Comment

I've found smashing large objects with a sledgehammer to be very theraputic
                      I find climbing on my chopper and going WFO for a long distance tends to relax me now and again. :) WFO= WIDE **CKIN OPEN!
                      Last edited by Dreadnought; 20 Jul 06,, 18:46.
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I had to sit and half an hour of that one where he plays some sort of devil-spawn. Death is too good for him
                        I think that was "Little Nicky," not one of the better ones. In fact, I feel sorry for you if you actually spent money on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut
                          I think that was "Little Nicky," not one of the better ones. In fact, I feel sorry for you if you actually spent money on it.
                          Not one of the better ones? There are better ones? ;)

Ya know who else I dont like (and I am going to be in the minority here, I know ahead of time before mentioning it) - Jim Carrey. I dont like him. I dont think he is funny. I think he is annoying. The only movie I thought he was okay in was The Majestic and the movie itself was mediocre, but his acting was better than, oh lets say Dumb and Dumber.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                            Not one of the better ones? There are better ones? ;)

Ya know who else I dont like (and I am going to be in the minority here, I know ahead of time before mentioning it) - Jim Carrey. I dont like him. I dont think he is funny. I think he is annoying. The only movie I thought he was okay in was The Majestic and the movie itself was mediocre, but his acting was better than, oh lets say Dumb and Dumber.
                            The Wedding Singer wasn't that bad.

I don't like Jim Carrey either. Although Bruce Almighty was alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut
                              It was on telly, my wee girl thought it was funny for 5 minutes and she spent 25 minutes waiting for something else funny to happen. "you can change channels if you want daddy...."

Originally posted by THL
                              The Truman Show wasn't bad, otherwise we are in complete accord.

Leibniz

Comment

• Just (re)watched a Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon. The man has a presence; something lacking in all follow ons even though they have superior techniques.

Comment

Working...
                                X