Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been spending much time on the WAB. Defiantly not as much as I want. We have been looking at moving. Torn between "GTF out of Florida" or just get away from where we live but close enough that I could commute to work for a few more years, then leave after I retire.

Weekends going to Georgia and Alabama. Made us decide that we didn't want to live in any of those places. So we are moving to Panama City instead of the small town near Panama we live in now.

Close on the house at the end of the month. Home buying is way different than it was 30 years ago. Much more work.

One thing I learned, Never let your wife help pack your model stash. 4 Large boxes later she's giving me the "So you shouldn't need to buy any new models for a long time" look.

Like thats gonna happen.

Comment

• And it not even a huge stash. 25 planes 4 artillery pieces (the different guns I served on 101,109, 110, 198) and 5 ships

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        And it not even a huge stash. 25 planes 4 artillery pieces (the different guns I served on 101,109, 110, 198) and 5 ships
        Just designate a room for the collection.
        Easy.
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

....One thing I learned, Never let your wife help pack your model stash. 4 Large boxes later she's giving me the "So you shouldn't need to buy any new models for a long time" look.

Like thats gonna happen.
          Well if the subject gets raised against after the move just say 'No problem Hon, Oh, BTW does that means you wont be requiring any new clothes for a long time? ' Smile when you say it though.
          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post

Well if the subject gets raised against after the move just say 'No problem Hon, Oh, BTW does that means you wont be requiring any new clothes for a long time? ' Smile when you say it though.
            Won't work. She doesn't spend a lot of money on clothes. Books and stuff for the vegetable garden.

Originally posted by DOR
            Just designate a room for the collection.
            Easy.
            The new house has 4 bedrooms. Wife gets a sewing/hobby room. I get a model building room/man cave.

Comment

• Enjoy Gunny.

And when Georgia and Alabama look like better choices than Florida.....yikes.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

One thing I learned, Never let your wife help pack your model stash. 4 Large boxes later she's giving me the "So you shouldn't need to buy any new models for a long time" look.

Like thats gonna happen.
                My wife laid into me about my cars last week for the umpteen time. You have too many you need to get rid of four of them. Blah, blah, blah and these are the cars she shows off to her friends when they visit and ask. It's a power trip that isn't going to fly. I just keep my mouth shut about her messy bathroom room and master bedroom. I have the second bedroom for my clothing and the second bathroom. Both are pristine as any Marine barracks/lavatory would be.

ps: she doesn't know how many cameras I have so we will keep that among ourselves.

Comment

• Since Florida is always in the news there is this story to consider

A man accused of killing an iguana wanted the charge dismissed based on stand your ground law. A judge said no

(CNN) A Florida man accused of killing an iguana last year wanted a charge of animal cruelty dismissed on the basis of the state's "stand your ground" law. A judge has denied his motion.

PJ Nilaja Patterson was arrested after allegedly beating, dragging and kicking a 3-foot iguana in Lake Worth, Florida, on September 2, 2020, according to a probable cause affidavit. The animal died as Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control was transporting it to be euthanized, according to the affidavit.

Patterson's attorneys filed a motion to dismiss the charge, but Judge Jeffrey Gillen denied the motion on Friday.

In their motion, Patterson's attorneys Frank Vasconcelos and Carey Haughwout said their client was trying to save an iguana from getting run over by cars. When he brought it to safety, a crowd agitated the animal and it bit his right arm when he tried to move it, according to the motion. It says he then "kicked the iguana as far as he could." Patterson had to get 22 staples in his arm because of the bite, according to the motion.

"In this case, Patterson acted in a reasonable manner under all the circumstances because the wild iguana was first to engage with physical violence, during the encounter," his attorneys wrote.
                  Florida's stand your ground law states deadly force can be used if a person "reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm." In this case, Patterson's attorneys said the animal was the first to engage in aggression, so Patterson had a right to defend himself.

They also wrote that Patterson believed the iguana "could have injected poison" into him.

"Thus he rushed to incapacitate the iguana the best way he could in order to preserve its antidote," they wrote.

Vasconcelos maintains his client's innocence, and in an email to CNN, said they will "fight this case until the very end." He also added that the iguana bite left his client with "permanent marks."

Video evidence cited by the state

Assistant State Attorney Alexandra Dorman wrote in response to the motion to dismiss that the entire episode was captured in a 32-minute surveillance video.

She wrote that the video shows how Patterson tormented the iguana, which "was not bothering anyone and did not pose a threat to anyone." She said there was no provocation or no justification for the actions.

According to the affidavit, Dr. Virginia Sayre of Animal Control performed a necropsy, which found the iguana had a lacerated liver, fractured pelvis, blood in its mouth, blood in its abdomen and a lacerated tongue. Sayre also wrote the iguana's fatal injuries were "painful and terrifying."

"The Defendant unnecessarily put himself in a position to be bit by this animal," Dorman wrote. "The State's position is that Stand Your Ground does not even apply to this case because the iguana is not a human being."

Patterson is due back in court on July 30. He faces up to five years in prison if convicted of animal cruelty.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/us/fl...rnd/index.html

Crazy state, crazy state to borrow a bit from Ching in McClintock.

Comment

• Boston Bruins got eliminated by the NY Islanders. The Islanders? Not the Rangers but the Islanders? That is so embarrassing.
                    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      Boston Bruins got eliminated by the NY Islanders. The Islanders? Not the Rangers but the Islanders? That is so embarrassing.
                      Colonel, go listen to your tapes of SWWNBN.
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Boston Bruins got eliminated by the NY Islanders. The Islanders? Not the Rangers but the Islanders? That is so embarrassing.
                        What are the Bruins and Islanders? Is that netball?
                        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• A bunch of knuckle draggers being over wooed by a a lot of Princessess on ice skates.
                          Chimo

Comment

• Didn't watch the game, but just saw the highlights. 6-2. Looked like the Bruins just finished sensitivity training

Comment

• During the lockdown, I watched the movie 1917. Heard it was the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan.

Here are my thoughts.

It took me less than 10 min to read "A Message to Garcia" How/why did it take 2 Hrs for them to tell essentially the same story?

Comment

• Serious question.

I was watching videos of Pipe Bands. Some of them had female members.

Is it still called a Kilt when a female wears it or does it become a skirt?

Comment

Working...
                                X