This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola Tech Support

So I have this cell phone that I bought at Tiger. Everytime I check my voice mail I get a text message that is a picture of an antenna and the '@' sign. Not that big of a deal really, just annoying to have to clear a text message everytime I check my voice mail.

So I call my cell phone company and since this is not a T-Mobile phone or a phone that they can reference, they cannot offer tech support. They refer me to Motorola since it is a Motorola phone...makes sense, right?

So I call them tonight and I explain the problem to Boy Wonder at Motorola. After a few minutes I convince him that T-Mobile does not sell these phones and that I did not buy this at T-Mobile (he kept telling me I had to have bought it there).

The next step is to get some phone code. He tells me to remove the battery and the code is on a sticker under the battery. I explain to him that if I remove the battery, the call will disconnect. The freakin genius on the other end of the phone actually asks me "Are you sure?" HE'S TECH SUPPORT, PEOPLE!! We get through that, he puts me on hold and comes back with another way to get his code.

After I sit on hold - Again - He comes back and says that my phone was manufactured outside the US (No freakin way!! An electronic device from another country - SHOCKING! Call the media!)

So at this point I realize that there is nothing the Einstein on the other end of the phone can do for me and the call was quickly losing its entertainment value, plus he started babbling about something.

So I ask him flat out "There is nothing you can do, is there?" He gets excited and says "Yes. There is something I can do to help you out." Finally! Mr Helpful wants me to send my 'foreign' cell phone (he actually called it 'foreign') to Motorola and they will send me a new one; the same kind, color and all. I start to think how many days I could go without a cell phone when Dealin' Dave mentions that I will also have to send $175.

I repeat to him, to make sure I got it all, that I am suppose to buy a new phone from Motorola as well as give them my current cell phone and then I won't get the text message when I check my voice mail...

I kept my phone - I'll deal with the text message.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Wow, I guess there aren't that many people on the WAB at Sunday morning at 1:30, seeing as I'm the only one on here.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Hell no Im not even home yet.... Give me till 3 atleast.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Forgot to mention while i was at Bike Week in Wildwood N.J. last week we were all at the outside bar carring on when lowe and behold we saw the Clydesdale horses and the Budweiser wagon dalmatians and all come down the street all dressed for show and I didnt even have my cell phone or camera to snap a few. Exquisit animals no doubt and very obedient to their captain. Amazing how they all move at once forward and backwards.Cheers
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 15 Sep 06,, 14:03.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• But I am here - the outsourced tech whiz! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
              But I am here - the outsourced tech whiz! ;)
              That was you?

;)
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Hardly! :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hardly! :)
                  We have support we use based in Pune - I have been all but begging to go on the next trip our liason makes there.:)

I think I have as much a chance as I have being sent to Alaska for an internship next summer to avoid our cicada outbreak we are expecting.

Comment

• Pune is an interesting town.

Near Pune is a place called Khadakvasla where we have the National Defence Academy. I was a cadet there 1963 Jan onwards.

It is a fabulous place, do visit it.

If you go there, let me know. I will organise a visit for you.

Pune is an University town.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Raunchy limericks..

(OK..it's Friday night and I'm bored...my wife is asleep and it's too late for me to join my friends at the bar..so I thought I'd post this limerick..and hope someone posts something as raunchy..)

The days were young,
                      the knights were bold,
                      and rubbers weren't invented.
                      So I stuck a sock,
                      upon my c*ck,
                      and babies were prevented....

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        (OK..it's Friday night and I'm bored...my wife is asleep and it's too late for me to join my friends at the bar..so I thought I'd post this limerick..and hope someone posts something as raunchy..)

The days were young,
                        the knights were bold,
                        and rubbers weren't invented.
                        So I stuck a sock,
                        upon my c*ck,
                        and babies were prevented....
                        I think this should have gone in a thread all its own.

Comment

• So I have just been having the worst night @ work...terrible...horrible...I thought it could not get worse. I decided to have a fortune cookie to cheer myself up and hopefully get a cool fortune. Nope.

"You Are A Happy Man"

Comment

• 1.30am, driving home from a late shift at work & 10 or so 18-20 yr old drunk kids had decided to put traffic cones across the road and stand round o the footpath elling and yahooing. I get out of the car and toss the cones off the road and turn round to them and tell them to **** off home. 5 minutes of yelling at me and threatening 'dire consequences' at me they did.
                            Interesting thing, 3 or 4 of them looked like they wanted to go me and would start to walk up to me but I'd stare them down, none of them came closer than 10 feet. I guess even in my advanced years I still look scary enough to face them down:)
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Good job done Parihaka.

You should be the Police Commissioner and Mahatma Gandhi rolled in one!

Discipline through non violence! ;) :)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Good job done Parihaka.

You should be the Police Commissioner and Mahatma Gandhi rolled in one!

Discipline through non violence! ;) :)
                                LOL, you could tell by my poor post I pulled a double shift last night.
                                Umm, nothing non violent about me, which is what pleased me so much in that I must still look the part. I think me yelling at them louder than they could yell at me might have helped as well.
                                They all looked so young, like little children that I'd break if I wasn't careful. Funny old world really.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X