This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sappersgt
    Yeah, she's going to be OK. I think she liked all the attention. I've got the only dog who LIKES going to the vet!
    My Dobie liked going to the vet. She would walk in an I would have a heck of a time keeping her in the waiting room, she always wanted to get back into one of the exam rooms where she would stand up and put her front paws on the table until the Dr came in. Then when it was all over, she would go up to the front desk and stand up again waiting for a treat from them. The only thing she did not like was that big walk on scale (don't blame her, really - what female like to discuss her weight after all). she really hated standing on that scale and would shake the whole time.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray
      How far does this Nerf foam football travel?

It would be odd if it only flounced around instead of shooting out!
      Sorry, I was out of town for a few days and forgot about this thread.

Nerf football is good for around 20 meters, I think. It's been a while since I tossed one. Even though it's made of foam, it can hurt if hits the right spot like the nose. It's also smaller than a traditional football to fit kids' smaller hands. I think I stopped playing with it when my hands were too big to throw one comfortably.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Ah, the good old days of Nerf.

I used to have this bow and arrow, the arrow being made out of Nerf (if it's a material at all). The bow had a hole in the middle of it for the arrow to pass through. Unfortunately, the fletching on the arrow made it too wide for it to pass through the hole. A very well designed piece of equipment. ;)
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• I must ask my brother when he comes down to get me a Nerf football .

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I must ask my brother when he comes down to get me a Nerf football .
            It does not stop at footballs. In my previous office we had nerf guns that we used as stress reducers.

Not as elaborate as these:

"To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• If I ask for too many Nerf stuff, he might think I am a Nerd! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Needless to say I tried the experiment with the 2 liter bottle of diet soda and mento's candy test. LOL It works producing a soda geyser appoximately 8 foot tall and a complete mess if not done in the grass. As well I had a friend take a mouth full of soda and a mint wondering what would happen...I wouldnt recomend your kids trying this second experiment...LMAO
                Last edited by Dreadnought; 30 Aug 06,, 18:16.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

...And golf is not such an easy game either.
                  Sir, Golf is a very easy game.

You hit the ball, go find it, and hit it again. :)
                  "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• :)

A good description!

But then to hit the ball first itself is a major challenge! ;)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

:)

A good description!

But then to hit the ball first itself is a major challenge! ;)
                      you must really suck then(no offense). Golf is easy just plan your swing properly,aim, and swing as hard as you can.

Comment

• By the way does anyone know where to get a cherry bomb?????

Comment

• Originally posted by urmomma158
                          By the way does anyone know where to get a cherry bomb?????
                          They're a thing of the past my friend now considered class "b" explosive.

Hell m80's are even the same and havent been in about the last 8 years.
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by urmomma158
                            you must really suck then(no offense). Golf is easy just plan your swing properly,aim, and swing as hard as you can.
                            I really suck at hitting a golf ball. My hockey habit dictates that my stick blade hits the ground before it contacts the puck. Naturally my golf swing has my club contact the ground before it hits the ball. As a result my tee shot slices 50 degrees to the right.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought
                              As well I had a friend take a mouth full of soda and a mint wondering what would happen...I wouldnt recomend your kids trying this second experiment...LMAO
                              My small room mate comes home Friday morning - we are going to have to try this!! I introduced her to Pop Rocks a few weeks ago and she thought those were cool.

Comment

• The number of mosquitoes here is finally starting to decline, after a great flood provided an ideal breeding ground for them. I've gone three whole nights without being bitten!
                                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                                X