This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Such a cool plane. Glad it got restored and back in the air.

Connies are awesome!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• So Randy Bachman of Bachman Turner Overdrive is off the list.

Got it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Randy Bachman.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1601559
      Originally posted by DOR View Post

Are certain Canadian vocalists off the list?
      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        So Randy Bachman of Bachman Turner Overdrive is off the list.

Got it!

I was thinking Neil Young...

Comment

• “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Sinead O'Conner passes away at the age of 56.

Now I'm not a musical fan of hers simply because I didn't follow. However, I do remember when Nothing Compares 2 U came out and was played everywhere along with the video of her baldish head and black turtleneck.

What amazes me is how many times people with extraordinary talent in one area many times have strong mental health issues. As though one area of the brain is developed and another area under developed. I (yes, first person ), have been seeing patients over a span of now 44 years and have seen them all which explains my interest. All kinds of characters and while colleagues point out numerous patients they don't care to see again I can only point out 1 in 44 years. One ( not the 1) was in yesterday who my wife refuses to deal with. She talks, I smile, she talks, I smile, I take care of issue and she walks out happy till next time. She is a bit cuckoo.

I recall another who was a lesbian and was in with her partner I had seen before. She confided in me that she was thinking of suicide. Why me I don't know. However, I knew how her partner felt and the fact that they were raising two nice children I took her to task. Feeling sorry for herself was not going to mitigate the mental agony the other three would go through if she ended her life. They would feel guilty as to whether it was them or not forever. So we talked way over time but that was in 2012 and I have heard over the grape vine that the four of them are alive and doing well in Hawaii.

Second to last concert in San Francisco with the last in Santa Cruz five days later in February 2020.

Last edited by tbm3fan; 26 Jul 23,, 21:51.

Comment

• Hardly on the scale of Sinead....

Paul Reubens, Pee-wee Herman star, dead at 70 | CNN
              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                Hardly on the scale of Sinead....

Paul Reubens, Pee-wee Herman star, dead at 70 | CNN
                Still, a pretty talented actor.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Heard a comment today about race swapping? Cleopatra as black. yadda/yadda/yadda/

Can anyone picture Bruce Lee as black?
                  Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Heard a comment today about race swapping? Cleopatra as black. yadda/yadda/yadda/

Odds are very great Clepoatra wasn't caucasian in ancient Egypt

Comment

Odds are very great Clepoatra wasn't caucasian in ancient Egypt
                      Egyptians say she wasn't black and they've got the historic busts/pictures/known linage to back up their points. She was Macedonian decent and her dynasty was known for inbreeding. She, herself, married and consummated with her brother. Egyptians certainly don't picture her as black and it's their history.

But you missed my point.

Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 08 Aug 23,, 04:54.
                      Chimo

Comment

Egyptians say she wasn't black and they've got the historic busts/pictures/known linage to back up their points. She was Macedonian decent and her dynasty was known for inbreeding. She, herself, married and consummated with her brother. Egyptians certainly don't picture her as black and it's their history.

But you missed my point.

Cleo I know, yet not caucasian like me still, but who is Bruce Lee...

Comment

The guy who beat up Chuck Norris.
                          Chimo

Comment

Robert E. Lee’s great-great-grandson.
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

Comment

Heard a comment today about race swapping? Cleopatra as black. yadda/yadda/yadda/

Whitewash…Blackwash or whatever, it’s been there since the start of the movie industry.
                              As long as someone thinks they can make a buck they’ll go for it. How else can you explain John Wayne in the role of Genghis Khan! Jeff Chandler as Cochise, Rock Hudson as his son!
                              As ridiculous as a black Bruce Lee, yet somebody saw a chance to make buck and they grabbed it!
                              When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

The guy who beat up Chuck Norris.
                                Robert E.Lee's great, great grandson beat up Chuck?

Comment

Working...
                                X