This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Bennett dies at 96.

I can't recall the first time I heard "I Left my Heart in San Francisco" but it had to be in the 60's living in Maryland. Little did I know I would live in The City from 88-98 and could understand the basis. I visited Thailand in June 1992 and ended up on a dinner river cruise with a Thai woman. During dinner, in of all places, I left my heart in San Francisco is played and my date says "your city".

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/21/enter...-96/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
      Higher-end? Not in Germany for Lidl.

Aldi over here is where people who have too much money but pretend they are poor or stingy go for their shopping. Lidl is the "low-end budget" chain of the Schwarz supermarket group with usually a lower-class customer base.

Schwarz, the relatively unknown fourth-largest retailer worldwide (after Walmart, Amazon and CostCo), operates primarily their Kaufland brand of super- and hypermarkets for an equivalent middle class customer base to Aldi in Germany.
      That's as how I remember them when in Germany. But those stores here in the US stack up the way I mention.

And I have heard of Schwarz...and probably shopped in some of their stores and not realized it when in Germany.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	barbie_wnhh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	1601522
        Click image for larger version  Name:	rsz_cal_topcon_019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	1601523

Now which movie would I have picked tonight to see? A brainless movie or one that challenges the mind. Well I don't think I fit the brainless humor category (although Animal House was funny) and I once had a class by this fellow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Chamberlain

So I picked the second. Now I know what AR, DOR, GG, BF, Monash, and OOE et al would pick (at least pretty sure) but TH???

Comment

• If you thought for a moment I'd pick Barbie, I'll block you!
          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Hail from today, super cells keep on hammering us. This one was killing birds in mid flight.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
              If you thought for a moment I'd pick Barbie, I'll block you!
              Well, you know Ken, I didn't think you would...

Comment

• Such a cool plane. Glad it got restored and back in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
                  If you thought for a moment I'd pick Barbie, I'll block you!
                  IDK Margot Robbie is hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

IDK Margot Robbie is hot.
                    LMAO, seems almost every female is hot with you

Are there any females who are not hot? Remember you thought Kim Yo-jong was hot if I remember correctly

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

Are there any females who are not hot? Remember you thought Kim Yo-jong was hot if I remember correctly
                      Are certain Canadian vocalists off the list?
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

You do remember that I am a US Marine?

Margot Robbie had me as Harley Quinn.
                        Kim Yo Jong made the list when she had people killed just for making her angry.

Yes Certain Canadian Vocalist are off the list. I have to much respect for the Col to even think about his main squeeze

Click image for larger version

Name:	quinn.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1601548

Click image for larger version

Name:	kim_yo_jong.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1601549

Comment

Margot Robbie had me as Harley Quinn.
                          Kim Yo Jong made the list when she had people killed just for making her angry.

Yes Certain Canadian Vocalist are off the list. I have to much respect for the Col to even think about his main squeeze...
                          Hmm, there's a great photo shop opportunity in that comment! Does Anyone have a recent photo of a certain retired Canadian military officer handy or know where they can get one?
                          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Yes Certain Canadian Vocalist are off the list. I have to much respect for the Col to even think about his main squeeze
                            She has a home in Florida, not Eastern Ontario. So, she has made her choice and it ain't me.

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                            Hmm, there's a great photo shop opportunity in that comment! Does Anyone have a recent photo of a certain retired Canadian military officer handy or know where they can get one?
                            She made a point to tour Australia, not Canada.

Chimo

Comment

I haven't forgotten that you are the varsity...

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                                She has a home in Florida, not Eastern Ontario. So, she has made her choice and it ain't me.
                                Oh please, that's only because she never met you. One look and she'd be hooked, I'm sure. Just imagine being Mr C.D.,Canadian Army retired. Emails, dating sites, there has to be a way to set this up. What you say we let the wise heads of WAB assist you down the path to true love Colonel?
                                Last edited by Monash; 24 Jul 23,, 13:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X