This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOR View Post

When you're down south, stick to the Piggly Wiggly and no one gets hurt.
    I sir am a grown man, (wife's opinion not withstanding) and as such flatly refuse to associate myself in any way shape or form with something called 'Piggly Wiggly'!
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Well since you are in the Bay Area then you will know what I talk about when I say I shop Food Max and Grocery Outlet. My wife, OTOH, shops two stores that Mrs. GG would love, those being Seafood City and Ranch 99. Always fun to go to being one of only one or two or three white males in the store with our wives. The fish section is always worth a visit so I can go who the heck eats that? Of course my wife says I would.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

Well since you are in the Bay Area then you will know what I talk about when I say I shop Food Max and Grocery Outlet. My wife, OTOH, shops two stores that Mrs. GG would love, those being Seafood City and Ranch 99. Always fun to go to being one of only one or two or three white males in the store with our wives. The fish section is always worth a visit so I can go who the heck eats that? Of course my wife says I would.
        I see there is a H-Mart in San Francisco. Has your wife tried there? Mostly Korean foodstuff. We go to Atlanta every couple of months to visit friends and get a vehicle load of stuff from there. They have a great live seafood market inside.

Grocery Outlet and Piggly Wiggly are close to the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

I see there is a H-Mart in San Francisco. Has your wife tried there? Mostly Korean foodstuff. We go to Atlanta every couple of months to visit friends and get a vehicle load of stuff from there. They have a great live seafood market inside.

Grocery Outlet and Piggly Wiggly are close to the same
          No shopping in S.F. As the crow flies probably 35 miles from Concord but likely 75 minute drive along the freeway and the Bay Bridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

Not in my part of Fl :)
            Which in interesting since it is headquartered in FLA.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Haven't trusted them since a Piggly Wiggly truck showed up as one of the decoy vehicles of the government in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"!
              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Haven't trusted them since a Piggly Wiggly truck showed up as one of the decoy vehicles of the government in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"!
                Damn, that is where I have seen it before!!!

Comment

Damn, that is where I have seen it before!!!
                  When that Special Forces Soldier opens the gate one drives right behind him!
                  Mark Twain

Comment

No shopping in S.F. As the crow flies probably 35 miles from Concord but likely 75 minute drive along the freeway and the Bay Bridge.
                    Next time you're north of GG -- the Golden Gate bridge -- stop at the Whole Foods in Cotati. Probably the best WF I've ever seen.
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

Next time you're north of GG -- the Golden Gate bridge -- stop at the Whole Foods in Cotati. Probably the best WF I've ever seen.
                      Traveling over to Marin is like traveling to a foreign country. Haven't been over there across the RSR (figure that one out) since 2019. While there is a WF near me somewhere the top end store would be Lunardi's in Danville.

Now did you think I might take GG to mean Gun Grape?

Comment

Now did you think I might take GG to mean Gun Grape?
                        Just being careful, ya know?
                        RSR ... quickest route from Concord to San Q
                        Trust me?
                        I'm an economist!

Comment

• Mordor has come
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Last night was a wild wild ride
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Geebuz...looks like Stranger Things
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                                Aldi/Food Lion...regular everyday grocery stores...Lidl/H-T Publix are higher end grocery stores with higher quality products (especially for fresh items).
                                Higher-end? Not in Germany for Lidl.

Aldi over here is where people who have too much money but pretend they are poor or stingy go for their shopping. Lidl is the "low-end budget" chain of the Schwarz supermarket group with usually a lower-class customer base.

Schwarz, the relatively unknown fourth-largest retailer worldwide (after Walmart, Amazon and CostCo), operates primarily their Kaufland brand of super- and hypermarkets for an equivalent middle class customer base to Aldi in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                                X