X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOR View Post

Seriously?
    Florida v. California?
    Moved closer to family, and further from idiots...
    Well partly tongue in cheek and partly, if I remember correctly the last move was a transfer of your wife. Or do I recall wrong. Anyway that is what I recalled and so yes I was joking and serious at the same time.
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 05 Jul 23,, 17:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post

I get the same message but only on mobiles.
      Sounds like Twitter these days.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• First time I have noticed this being done, Police shooting out of a vehicle thru the windshield, in a post-pursuit shootout, as shown on body-worn camera video.

Originally posted by PoliceActivity
        06 July 2023
        Intense Bodycam Footage Shows Police Shootout With Suspect Following a Pursuit
        (02 nin, 11 sec)

Disclaimer: This video content is intended for educational and informational purposes only

Las Cruces, New Mexico — On Wednesday, June 21, 2023, about 11:00 a.m., , Las Cruces police became aware of a pursuit involving New Mexico State Police and a white sport utility vehicle driven by 47-year-old Bobby Charles Crawford. Police learned Crawford had warrants for his arrest and was failing to stop for NMSP officers. The warrants for Crawford’s arrest were for violating terms of his probation and other felony crimes. Las Cruces Police assisted NMSP in the pursuit which ended with a PIT, a Precision Immobilization Technique, near the intersection of Holman Road and Arroyo Road. Preliminary information from the investigation indicates that Crawford discharged multiple rounds at responding officers. Some of the rounds fired by Crawford entered the front, passenger-side, window of one of the marked police units.

Other rounds fired by Crawford entered through the windshield of a second officer’s marked unit. Both officers narrowly missed being struck by gunfire. Both officers received relatively minor injuries from glass shrapnel. In response to Crawford’s actions, three Las Cruces Police Department officers discharged their service weapons. Crawford was struck by at least one round. Crawford failed to comply with commands given by police until shortly before noon when he exited the SUV. After exiting the SUV and being detained, Crawford was provided first aid before he was airlifted to University Medical Center. Police recovered a weapon Crawford used. No major injuries were reported by the officers. Crawford is incarcerated in El Paso and waiting extradition to New Mexico where he is charged with two felony counts of attempted murder and three counts of aggravated assault on a peace officer. He also faces one count each of aggravated fleeing, possession of a firearm by a felon, and shooting at or from a motor vehicle.

Comment

• Cue "Bad Boys"

I've seen recent videos that this has become more prevalent. Don't know why but it may be the result of more aggresive police behavior or what...
          Mark Twain

Comment

• An Aldi recently opened here. Went Saturday.

Wife says "Wow, Its a civilian 7 day store" Yep Jarhead Wife.

(In Marine lingo a "7 Day Store" is a small shoppette found in Base housing areas)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
              An Aldi recently opened here. Went Saturday.

Wife says "Wow, Its a civilian 7 day store" Yep Jarhead Wife.

(In Marine lingo a "7 Day Store" is a small shoppette found in Base housing areas)
              Let me know when a Lidl opens...then I'll get excited!!
              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Let me know when a Lidl opens...then I'll get excited!!
                In Germany Aldi are to Lidl what Food Lion is to Harris-Teeter/Publix.
                Mark Twain

Comment

In Germany Aldi are to Lidl what Food Lion is to Harris-Teeter/Publix.
                  And ..... straight over my head!
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Aldi/Food Lion...regular everyday grocery stores...Lidl/H-T Publix are higher end grocery stores with higher quality products (especially for fresh items).
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Aldi/Food Lion...regular everyday grocery stores...Lidl/H-T Publix are higher end grocery stores with higher quality products (especially for fresh items).
                      Publix is the higher end grocery store ... I just learned a lot about your point of view!
                      What would you call Whole Foods, Oliver's, Fresh Market, or Sprouts?
                      ADD: Trader Joe's ?
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

Publix is the higher end grocery store ... I just learned a lot about your point of view!
                        The H-T at Nags Head and Chapel Hill are better than the Publix near me!

I only know Whole Foods...I put that on the H-t in Chapel Hill & Durham...but those ones are really high end.

And I didn't even bring Wegman's into the discussion. It's kind of like my trips to the west coast...the Albertsons' I visited ran the gamut!

And I was stcking to brands that gunny living in the SE would know.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

and here I am in the same country, but on the West Coast, and have no idea either...

Comment

Not in my part of Fl :)

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

and here I am in the same country, but on the West Coast, and have no idea either...
                                When you're down south, stick to the Piggly Wiggly and no one gets hurt.
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X