Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update info from Chris:

I am pleased to report that the major part of the upgrade is now complete. The site is now back online using the latest version of vBulletin and all traffic is being served over HTTPS with end-to-end SSL encryption.

We are also likely going to give the underlying server an upgrade too, enable a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) and site-wide server-level caching to improve performance further but this should not result in any significant downtime. The major part has already been completed.

More medium term I am going to look into getting the new vBulletin 5 theme properly developed for WAB.

Please let me know of any immediate problem you might notice and I can try to look into them later today or tomorrow.
    So while we've got a new engine and body work on our hot rod, we still need a custom paint job and other modifications. If you've got any suggestions or problems, please comment below.

Obviously the emoticons are not restored, so that's a big one.

Anything else you'd like to see happen or needs to be fixed?
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post

Wonderful!
      The BOLD button works! (apropos of nothing except a small test to see if a button works)
      The thumbs up button works!! (see TopHatter original post for demonstration)

Rochen, Chris, TopHatter, all involved in this update/upgrade... Thank you!
      Like works

Do you get a notification if i quote you though ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris
        I am pleased to report that the major part of the upgrade is now complete. The site is now back online using the latest version of vBulletin and all traffic is being served over HTTPS with end-to-end SSL encryption.
        Still says 'Not secure' in the browser address box in chrome.

We are also likely going to give the underlying server an upgrade too, enable a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) and site-wide server-level caching to improve performance further but this should not result in any significant downtime. The major part has already been completed.
        This board has always been zippy
        Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:08.

Comment

• :grump::slap::red::confu::hug:

Smileys ? nope

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	A pic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	1565415

Upload image 'to server' worked

But customising its size results in an attachment below
            Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              :grump::slap::red::confu::hug:

Smileys ? nope
              Smileys = Emoticons
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Still says 'Not secure' in the browser address box in chrome.
                I'm seeing the same thing, looks like that's a Desktop Chrome issue. The mobile app for Chrome shows Secured. Interesting....

Comment

Like works

Do you get a notification if i quote you though ?
                  I think that depends on your Notifications settings, I haven't play around with those in years.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

I think that depends on your Notifications settings, I haven't play around with those in years.
                    ok i got to alerts in the notifications. Those were already enabled but i never got any with the previous board if some one quote me.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:43.

Comment

• This topic isn't showing up on the main page under 'Latest Topics'

Comment

ok i got to alerts in the notifications. Those were already enabled but i never got any with the previous board.
                        The notifications, like much else with the previous board, were likely broken since 2015.

I just went in and did a few tweaks on my notifications, including enabling some of the email notifications.

Comment

• I see the alert but when i open notifications it goes blank instead of taking me to the quoted post (which is what i was looking for).

Comment

I see the alert but when i open notifications it goes blank instead of taking me to the quoted post (which is what i was looking for).
                            Yeah it has to do with the Filters. And even though I've made changes to that Filter, they don't seem to Save as permanent.

I suspect a great deal of "problems" that we're going to face are mostly a learning curve, caused by going from such an old version of vBulletin, to the latest and greatest.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Smileys = Emoticons
                              How to use them ?

:Dancing-Banana:

:)

: )

Code:
                              :) does not work but : SPACE ) does

Comment

How to use them ?
                                At the moment, you don't use them

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                                Obviously the emoticons are not restored, so that's a big one.
                                As mentioned, they're on the "To Do" list of things to fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X