Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Restored!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe, I can't remember...is our Facebook realm a group or just a page? If we make it a group we may have the ability to do more in depth stuff. But also keep in mind you have some pretty severe censorship rules you have to abide by.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      Joe, I can't remember...is our Facebook realm a group or just a page? If we make it a group we may have the ability to do more in depth stuff. But also keep in mind you have some pretty severe censorship rules you have to abide by.
      I'm pretty sure it's a group.

      FB is a dumpster fire for that sort of thing, yeah. If this board goes down, I'd prefer to start a new vBulletin board, assuming the hosting costs aren't exorbitant.
      "Proud Boys - Stand back and stand by" ~ President Donald J Trump 30 September 2020

      "Standing down and standing by sir"~ Proud Boys 30 September 2020

      “Trump basically said to go fuck them up...This makes me so happy.” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys 30 September 2020

      Comment


      • Concur
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          I'm pretty sure it's a group.

          FB is a dumpster fire for that sort of thing, yeah. If this board goes down, I'd prefer to start a new vBulletin board, assuming the hosting costs aren't exorbitant.
          Examples of such. Wow, no 406 for the first time in days.


          https://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/vbulletin-hosting/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
            Examples of such. Wow, no 406 for the first time in days.


            https://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/vbulletin-hosting/

            Good stuff DE. I'd be curious to know what our monthly bandwidth usage is
            "Proud Boys - Stand back and stand by" ~ President Donald J Trump 30 September 2020

            "Standing down and standing by sir"~ Proud Boys 30 September 2020

            “Trump basically said to go fuck them up...This makes me so happy.” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys 30 September 2020

            Comment


            • Same here. If in the end we do have to move is there any chance Rochen would assist with the transfer of at least current open threads if not all the old/historical stuff? (For a fee I presume). For that matter is that even a doable thing? I have zero expertise in the subject.
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Monash View Post
                Same here. If in the end we do have to move is there any chance Rochen would assist with the transfer of at least current open threads if not all the old/historical stuff? (For a fee I presume). For that matter is that even a doable thing? I have zero expertise in the subject.
                I too have zero expertise in the subject....the simplest thing to do would be to ask Rochen, but we can't do that because Rochen isn't talking to us.
                "Proud Boys - Stand back and stand by" ~ President Donald J Trump 30 September 2020

                "Standing down and standing by sir"~ Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                “Trump basically said to go fuck them up...This makes me so happy.” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                  I too have zero expertise in the subject....the simplest thing to do would be to ask Rochen, but we can't do that because Rochen isn't talking to us.
                  Why would a web hosting service not want to even answer an inquiry from one of the hosted services using their servers? Are they supremely pissed off at someone that they couldn't exhibit a minimum of courtesy in responding?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    Why would a web hosting service not want to even answer an inquiry from one of the hosted services using their servers? Are they supremely pissed off at someone that they couldn't exhibit a minimum of courtesy in responding?
                    We're not a paying customer, nor are there any ads on the board. In simple terms, we're freeloaders (my word, not theirs).
                    "Proud Boys - Stand back and stand by" ~ President Donald J Trump 30 September 2020

                    "Standing down and standing by sir"~ Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                    “Trump basically said to go fuck them up...This makes me so happy.” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      I too have zero expertise in the subject....the simplest thing to do would be to ask Rochen, but we can't do that because Rochen isn't talking to us.
                      I would think, provided you were going with vbulletin that it would be a matter of taking a dump of the present database and importing into the new forum.

                      The catch is how well that process goes. Does everything carry over or do things get left out requiring extra fiddling.

                      You would think vbulletin would make this process as easy as they can to hold on to their customers.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        I would think, provided you were going with vbulletin that it would be a matter of taking a dump of the present database and importing into the new forum.

                        The catch is how well that process goes. Does everything carry over or do things get left out requiring extra fiddling.

                        You would think vbulletin would make this process as easy as they can to hold on to their customers.
                        Likely as not, vBulletin does indeed have an easy process for doing so. However only Rochen has the necessary permissions to execute such database download.
                        "Proud Boys - Stand back and stand by" ~ President Donald J Trump 30 September 2020

                        "Standing down and standing by sir"~ Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                        “Trump basically said to go fuck them up...This makes me so happy.” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                          Likely as not, vBulletin does indeed have an easy process for doing so. However only Rochen has the necessary permissions to execute such database download.
                          My head hurts....
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            My head hurts....
                            Mine too, that's why I keep saying "soup sandwich". And also why I've been rather nihilistic about the future of the board for so long: We're effectively on a predetermined course with only one possible outcome.

                            And it absolutely sucks.
                            "Proud Boys - Stand back and stand by" ~ President Donald J Trump 30 September 2020

                            "Standing down and standing by sir"~ Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                            “Trump basically said to go fuck them up...This makes me so happy.” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys 30 September 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              Likely as not, vBulletin does indeed have an easy process for doing so. However only Rochen has the necessary permissions to execute such database download.
                              Reminds me of Hotel California : )

                              You can check in any time you want but you can never leave..

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DOR View Post
                                Anyone know what this is all about?


                                Not Acceptable

                                An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

                                Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                                Work around

                                It takes if you post as 'Reply to Thread', that blue button at bottom left.

                                But 'Reply with Quote' sometimes is 'Not Acceptable'. Will repeatedly reject.

                                There is no pattern here. 'Reply with Quote' works in some threads and not others.

                                And when it does not work, it keeps rejecting your attempts. As if you got banned from the topic !!

                                But no...

                                What you do is 'Reply with quote', copy it, cancel, then go to 'Reply to Thread', paste, then type your answer and post.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Aug 20,, 12:41.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X