X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Minor (belated) update: As Chris mentioned, we've been in communication and there should be some changes/stability to the board sometime next week or shortly thereafter.
    Good deal!

Thanks for running this down, Joe.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Minor (belated) update: As Chris mentioned, we've been in communication and there should be some changes/stability to the board sometime next week or shortly thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by DOR View Post
    Different kind of posting failure this time ...

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Been getting that one as well.

Leave a comment:

• DOR
    replied
    Different kind of posting failure this time ...

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post
    We all appreciate the good will Rochen has exhibited and it is exciting to see some communication from them.
    If ads would drive some revenue that would help defray the cost of maintaining the board..... are they an option?
    Granted, I have no knowledge of the "how" or even if such a thing is possible. For example: would the act of "selling" ads for the board entail hiring a salesperson.. etc...
    Just trying to see if there is a way WAB users can do something so the WAB maintainers see a revenue generating partner, at least to some extent.
    That's something I intend to bring up with Chris as we plan out the future of the board.

It's certainly high time that Rochen sees some ROI on the board, through one means or another.

Leave a comment:

• looking4NSFS
    replied
    We're not a paying customer, nor are there any ads on the board..
    We all appreciate the good will Rochen has exhibited and it is exciting to see some communication from them.
    If ads would drive some revenue that would help defray the cost of maintaining the board..... are they an option?
    Granted, I have no knowledge of the "how" or even if such a thing is possible. For example: would the act of "selling" ads for the board entail hiring a salesperson.. etc...
    Just trying to see if there is a way WAB users can do something so the WAB maintainers see a revenue generating partner, at least to some extent.

Leave a comment:

• DOR
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for the lack of attention here. I have just followed up privately with TopHatter.

I am going to make sure we get everything fully updated here and back on track hopefully within the next week. I will provide a further update in due course.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support of WAB while we work to get everything fully back on track again :)

- Chris
    Many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for the lack of attention here. I have just followed up privately with TopHatter.

I am going to make sure we get everything fully updated here and back on track hopefully within the next week. I will provide a further update in due course.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support of WAB while we work to get everything fully back on track again :)

- Chris
    Great to hear from you Chris, just sent a reply to you. Hope all is well with you and Rochen!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Hi Everyone,

- Chris

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Monash View Post
    Rochen must have a public internet website.
    Would not an approach via that get an answer to our question about transferring data (old threads) to a new site - for a fee of course.

PS I raise this suggestion with some hesitation because it make be they have simply forgotten about us and reminding them we are still here might lead to someone hitting the 'kill switch' prematurely.
    Tried it. WAB is a "special" case, handled by the CEO only.

How we're still alive and kicking, I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    Rochen must have a public internet website.
    Would not an approach via that get an answer to our question about transferring data (old threads) to a new site - for a fee of course.

PS I raise this suggestion with some hesitation because it make be they have simply forgotten about us and reminding them we are still here might lead to someone hitting the 'kill switch' prematurely.

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Mine too, that's why I keep saying "soup sandwich". And also why I've been rather nihilistic about the future of the board for so long: We're effectively on a predetermined course with only one possible outcome.

And it absolutely sucks.
    We are locked in the trunk and Thelma and Louise are driving.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by DOR View Post
    Anyone know what this is all about?

Not Acceptable

Work around

It takes if you post as 'Reply to Thread', that blue button at bottom left.

But 'Reply with Quote' sometimes is 'Not Acceptable'. Will repeatedly reject.

There is no pattern here. 'Reply with Quote' works in some threads and not others.

And when it does not work, it keeps rejecting your attempts. As if you got banned from the topic !!

But no...

What you do is 'Reply with quote', copy it, cancel, then go to 'Reply to Thread', paste, then type your answer and post.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Aug 20,, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Likely as not, vBulletin does indeed have an easy process for doing so. However only Rochen has the necessary permissions to execute such database download.
    Reminds me of Hotel California : )

You can check in any time you want but you can never leave..

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    My head hurts....
    Mine too, that's why I keep saying "soup sandwich". And also why I've been rather nihilistic about the future of the board for so long: We're effectively on a predetermined course with only one possible outcome.

And it absolutely sucks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X