X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Edge
    replied
    I see the alert but when i open notifications it goes blank instead of taking me to the quoted post (which is what i was looking for).

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

ok i got to alerts in the notifications. Those were already enabled but i never got any with the previous board.
    The notifications, like much else with the previous board, were likely broken since 2015.

I just went in and did a few tweaks on my notifications, including enabling some of the email notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    This topic isn't showing up on the main page under 'Latest Topics'

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

I think that depends on your Notifications settings, I haven't play around with those in years.
    ok i got to alerts in the notifications. Those were already enabled but i never got any with the previous board if some one quote me.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:43.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

Like works

Do you get a notification if i quote you though ?
    I think that depends on your Notifications settings, I haven't play around with those in years.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

Still says 'Not secure' in the browser address box in chrome.
    I'm seeing the same thing, looks like that's a Desktop Chrome issue. The mobile app for Chrome shows Secured. Interesting....

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    :grump::slap::red::confu::hug:

Smileys ? nope
    Smileys = Emoticons

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A pic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	1565415

Upload image 'to server' worked

But customising its size results in an attachment below
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:20.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    :grump::slap::red::confu::hug:

Smileys ? nope

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    I am pleased to report that the major part of the upgrade is now complete. The site is now back online using the latest version of vBulletin and all traffic is being served over HTTPS with end-to-end SSL encryption.
    Still says 'Not secure' in the browser address box in chrome.

We are also likely going to give the underlying server an upgrade too, enable a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) and site-wide server-level caching to improve performance further but this should not result in any significant downtime. The major part has already been completed.
    This board has always been zippy
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post

Wonderful!
    The BOLD button works! (apropos of nothing except a small test to see if a button works)
    The thumbs up button works!! (see TopHatter original post for demonstration)

Rochen, Chris, TopHatter, all involved in this update/upgrade... Thank you!
    Like works

Do you get a notification if i quote you though ?

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Update info from Chris:

I am pleased to report that the major part of the upgrade is now complete. The site is now back online using the latest version of vBulletin and all traffic is being served over HTTPS with end-to-end SSL encryption.

We are also likely going to give the underlying server an upgrade too, enable a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) and site-wide server-level caching to improve performance further but this should not result in any significant downtime. The major part has already been completed.

More medium term I am going to look into getting the new vBulletin 5 theme properly developed for WAB.

Please let me know of any immediate problem you might notice and I can try to look into them later today or tomorrow.
    So while we've got a new engine and body work on our hot rod, we still need a custom paint job and other modifications. If you've got any suggestions or problems, please comment below.

Obviously the emoticons are not restored, so that's a big one.

Anything else you'd like to see happen or needs to be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Oh! WOW, talk about a new look.

Kinda prefer the older one since that's how its always been. Can't see any skinning options to do that.
    The new look is definitely an eye-opener lol. We'll definitely tweak that as time goes by.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Oh! WOW, talk about a new look.

Kinda prefer the older one since that's how its always been. Can't see any skinning options to do that.

A bit miffed my posts were being rejected earlier so took a break

:confu:
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 17:53.

Leave a comment:

• looking4NSFS
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Minor (belated) update: As Chris mentioned, we've been in communication and there should be some changes/stability to the board sometime next week or shortly thereafter.
    Wonderful!
    The BOLD button works! (apropos of nothing except a small test to see if a button works)
    The thumbs up button works!! (see TopHatter original post for demonstration)

Rochen, Chris, TopHatter, all involved in this update/upgrade... Thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X