X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Testing for myself here since it wouldn't allow me to post in the USS Hornet thread. Gave me a 406 error.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Got errors yesterday when I tried to log into WAB. Pleasant surprise today morning, HTTPS has made it secure. This new look will take some time to get used to.

Well done Chris, TopH, ARifles and whoever made it possible.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Great to have the forum up and functioning.

Is there a 'new posts' function? I see 'new topics', but that is different. It can be tricky to track down what has been posted since you last visit without some way to track recent posts.
    Definitely something I want as well. It'll go on the To-Do list.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Great to have the forum up and functioning.

Is there a 'new posts' function? I see 'new topics', but that is different. It can be tricky to track down what has been posted since you last visit without some way to track recent posts.

Leave a comment:

• Ironduke
    replied
    Looks good. A major improvement over the previous version.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    Yeah, the 'like' button is back! WAB has risen again.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    https://www.rochen.com/blog/2020/07/...eanup-service/

This will be the cause of the 406 errors which we will get resolved.

Thanks folks.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post

2. In regards to the “Not Secure” warning they SSL cert is valid and Chrome should handle this the same on desktop and mobile. Can you try clearing browser cache and session and hard refreshing the page please?
    Chris, I cleared all cookies for this page and refreshed, and it changed to Secure. But when I logged back in, it changed to back to Unsecure.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    I meant the 406 'Not acceptable' errors with the previous board.

I'm still curious how that happened suddenly out of the blue. The board has not been updated in ages and i've not been that religious about having the latest browser.

Yet it affected a number of people, presumably on different platforms as well.

How did things suddenly break like that with no one changing anything.
    The previous board was an ancient version of vBulletin. Things were bound to "break" or go haywire over time and indeed they did. The 406 Not Acceptable errors were simply the latest, and thankfully last, occurrence. But they certainly weren't the first.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    3. In regards to a post being blocked can anyone seeing this please post a screenshot or the error? I suspect it may be due to some new vBulletin board functionality being blocked by the Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules. We will try track this down.
    I meant the 406 'Not acceptable' errors with the previous board.

I'm still curious how that happened suddenly out of the blue. The board has not been updated in ages and i've not been that religious about having the latest browser.

Yet it affected a number of people, presumably on different platforms as well.

How did things suddenly break like that with no one changing anything.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Aha, this time clicking on the notification alert brought me straight here. So it is working

Well,i didn't click directly but opened a new page and showed me who quoted me and clicking the topic thread got me here.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    1. Smileys should be an easy fix. We will try and address that by tomorrow.

2. In regards to the “Not Secure” warning they SSL cert is valid and Chrome should handle this the same on desktop and mobile. Can you try clearing browser cache and session and hard refreshing the page please?

3. In regards to a post being blocked can anyone seeing this please post a screenshot or the error? I suspect it may be due to some new vBulletin board functionality being blocked by the Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules. We will try track this down.

4. There are still a bunch of configuration items in this new version of vBulletin that need to be set.

Thanks for everyone’s patience while we continue to tweak things!

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

How to use them ?
    At the moment, you don't use them

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Obviously the emoticons are not restored, so that's a big one.
    As mentioned, they're on the "To Do" list of things to fix.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Smileys = Emoticons
    How to use them ?

:Dancing-Banana:

:)

: )

Code:
    :) does not work but : SPACE ) does

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    I see the alert but when i open notifications it goes blank instead of taking me to the quoted post (which is what i was looking for).
    Yeah it has to do with the Filters. And even though I've made changes to that Filter, they don't seem to Save as permanent.

I suspect a great deal of "problems" that we're going to face are mostly a learning curve, caused by going from such an old version of vBulletin, to the latest and greatest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X