X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Just an FYI - I had to go into my User Settings, then the Account tab, and then scroll down to the Forum Style to change the colors. Incidentally I rather like the Cool Blue selection.
    So its there where you said but when i try to change the style i get an error message saying "Email addresses must match"

So i retyped the same email address and it still returned the same error message.

Usually this style setting should be where Chris said, at the bottom left when logged in

ie. without going into user settings.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
    Woah...didnt recognise the old place. Looking good and https finally! suddenly felt nostalgic enough to go look at all the old threads...
    Bit of a facelift and a nip & tuck here and there

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
    TH, would you be migrating from Vbulletin to a free/OSS alternative to cut costs?
    Well the board is owned by Rochen, so it's their call where we go etc. I haven't heard any plans as such and I think they're pretty happy where we are

Leave a comment:

• bolo121
    replied
    Woah...didnt recognise the old place. Looking good and https finally! suddenly felt nostalgic enough to go look at all the old threads...
    TH, would you be migrating from Vbulletin to a free/OSS alternative to cut costs?

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    ^ Got it. Thanks Joe. It was tricky.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post

I see nothing. Joe, please help.
    Click on the message title (Re: Hi) and then scroll down to the txt entry box at the bottom. You won't see a Reply button because it's not needed

If you're still having trouble finding it, I'll post some screen shots

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by Firestorm View Post

I can see it

Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	50
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1565598
    I see nothing. Joe, please help.

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 6.50.15 AM.png
Views:	45
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1565638

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Have been looking for something to change the way posts are ordered. When I go to a thread can I get it to start from the newest post instead of the first post?
    I think that was available on older versions of vBulletin. Doesn't look like you can change that setting now.

On the plus side, it seems like when I click on a thread, it immediately "shoves" the screen down to the first post. Not exactly the same thing I know,

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Have been looking for something to change the way posts are ordered. When I go to a thread can I get it to start from the newest post instead of the first post?

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    How do I reply to Private Messages? I see no 'Reply' option.
    I can see it

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	50
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1565598

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    How do I reply to Private Messages? I see no 'Reply' option.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post

In the mean time the default vBulletin 5 style does come with some "child styles" which you should be able to select from the far bottom left when logged in. Hopefully everyone can find one of these options more to their personal liking
    Just an FYI - I had to go into my User Settings, then the Account tab, and then scroll down to the Forum Style to change the colors. Incidentally I rather like the Cool Blue selection.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to retain the previous style as it was built for a very old version of vBulletin and is not compatible with the current version. As TopHatter says we will see what we can do given some time to get a new custom style designed.

In the mean time the default vBulletin 5 style does come with some "child styles" which you should be able to select from the far bottom left when logged in. Hopefully everyone can find one of these options more to their personal liking

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.47.53 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	1565579

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    ^ Second that. The old theme was better. Could we please get it back?
    We will absolutely try to make that happen, or at least as close as possible with the current vBulletin release and tools.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    ^ Second that. The old theme was better. Could we please get it back?

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    https://www.rochen.com/blog/2020/07/...eanup-service/

This will be the cause of the 406 errors which we will get resolved.

Thanks folks.
    Makes sense there had to be something else that changed to cause it

1. Smilies should be fixed. vBulletin 5 only comes with a pack of 11 smilies. We can certainly add more though. If there is a style pack that someone knows about and would like us to look at adding it we can do so. We just need to ensure it is licensed open source or if it is not we can acquire a license to use it.
    Just having the old ones back is fine with me.

Getting the old look back would be even better.

Very little i would change with the previous look & feel.

Good balance of form & function.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Sep 20,, 13:28.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X