Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Restored!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Good to see WAB up and running again. Thought this forum was going to be down permanently. Thanks to the team that made this possible its good to be back :D

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      In a nutshell, security gaps in our version of vBulletin inevitably allowed phishing attacks to occur, which in turn caused our account with vBulletin to be suspended.

      The good news is, we've not only been unsuspended, but our software version and security protocols have been thoroughly updated.
      Re; the phishing attacks, any idea of the source/intentions? Just curious - did they get WABERS email account details for instance?
      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Monash View Post
        Re; the phishing attacks, any idea of the source/intentions? Just curious - did they get WABERS email account details for instance?
        No idea of source, the intention was likely just the usual site hijacking to send out spam. We do know that it wasn't a WAB-specific targeted malicious attack.

        No information of our private information being breached, although not likely.
        TwentyFiveFortyFive

        Comment


        • #34
          Chris and the Rochen Team,

          I think we're all deeply, deeply grateful. Guys, we've become a global community and that's only by virtue of your sponsorship and hard work on all of our behalf. I badly missed my friends here that I've come to know over nearly nine years of membership while the board was down and wondered if I'd ever communicate with them on the WAB again. I'm sure others felt similarly so you can't imagine just how truly happy so many of us are now that WAB is back.

          Thank you so much. I'm very appreciative.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

          Comment


          • #35
            ^^ beautiful words S2

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by S2 View Post
              Chris and the Rochen Team,

              I think we're all deeply, deeply grateful. Guys, we've become a global community and that's only by virtue of your sponsorship and hard work on all of our behalf. I badly missed my friends here that I've come to know over nearly nine years of membership while the board was down and wondered if I'd ever communicate with them on the WAB again. I'm sure others felt similarly so you can't imagine just how truly happy so many of us are now that WAB is back.

              Thank you so much. I'm very appreciative.
              What to add now? The bottles are cracked.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

              To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by S2 View Post
                Chris and the Rochen Team,

                I think we're all deeply, deeply grateful. Guys, we've become a global community and that's only by virtue of your sponsorship and hard work on all of our behalf. I badly missed my friends here that I've come to know over nearly nine years of membership while the board was down and wondered if I'd ever communicate with them on the WAB again. I'm sure others felt similarly so you can't imagine just how truly happy so many of us are now that WAB is back.

                Thank you so much. I'm very appreciative.

                Very well said!!!! Happy the boards are back. miss the intelligent discussions on various topics.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Glad it's back, but I don't seem to be able to post pictures.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    test 1
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	front02.png
Views:	1
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1463440
                    test2
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	front02.png
Views:	1
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1463440

                    Test 1 was from a url, test 2 was an upload from my computer
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                    Leibniz

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Is the 'Like' button coming back any time soon?
                      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Thanks Rochen and team.

                        I just realised what this place means for me every time I tried to access WAB and the browser said "This account is suspended". Every time this happened I felt a deep sense of loss and just as Steve said it, I wondered whether I would be able to talk to you Gentlemen again in this life.

                        Great work and thanks once again. Cheers!!!
                        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The impression i get from a quick google is that Vbulletin is total crap since around version 4.
                          Maybe its time to consider migration to something like Xenforo or myBB.
                          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Monash View Post
                            Is the 'Like' button coming back any time soon?
                            Our missing functions (smilies & the Like button) are on the list of things to be fixed. Unfortunately we don't have any ETA yet.


                            Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                            The impression i get from a quick google is that Vbulletin is total crap since around version 4.
                            Maybe its time to consider migration to something like Xenforo or myBB.
                            That's really good information to have, I must confess I hadn't checked on vB's current reputation nor shopped around for other BB's.

                            Definitely going to throw that into the mix of future plans for WAB.
                            TwentyFiveFortyFive

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              That's really good information to have, I must confess I hadn't checked on vB's current reputation nor shopped around for other BB's.

                              Definitely going to throw that into the mix of future plans for WAB.
                              Out of the two Xenforo needs a license but myBB is free and open source, so it could be a bit of a budget boost to WAB as well not having to pay vbulletin.
                              They also have a merge program to migrate from other software onto them.
                              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TopHatter View Post


                                I must confess I hadn't checked on vB's current reputation nor shopped around for other BB's.

                                Definitely going to throw that into the mix of future plans for WAB.

                                A side by side comparison of the ones Bolo mentioned and vB...most surprising are the user ratings. There are other differences that are above my pay grade to comment on. Also, the review may be out of date.

                                http://www.forum-software.org/forum-...in4-vs-xenforo
                                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X