X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    I am REALLY MISSING that list we used to have at the bottom for topics with updated posts
    Me too. That's high on the list of requests.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    I am REALLY MISSING that list we used to have at the bottom for topics with updated posts

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

You're an admin so it works for you. Digging around this is what i found

Unless some one that isn't admin can make it work.

Once again i am able to select themes and save chosen one. But it doesn't make a difference which theme is selected.
    Good digging! Unfortunately I don't have the permissions needed to change that. I'll put that on the list for Chris.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

I'm at a loss for why you're unable to change themes. I'll bring it up to Chris though.
    You're an admin so it works for you. Digging around this is what i found

You had AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style Options > Allow Users to Change Styles set to No, so the only style they could view was the one you had set for the default (your style). I changed that setting to Yes and I can switch to see the new themes now.
    Unless some one that isn't admin can make it work.

Once again i am able to select themes and save chosen one. But it doesn't make a difference which theme is selected.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Monash View Post
    I must say as (really) happy as I am with the new lease of life WAB has received I am curious. Why now? After all these years of apparent neglect what changed and who do I send a Christmas card to?
    You can send that Christmas card to Chris at Rochen Inc

As for the why, I have no idea....

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

Themes does not work, selecting Dark or Black & red shows no difference for me.
    I'm at a loss for why you're unable to change themes. I'll bring it up to Chris though.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    I must say as (really) happy as I am with the new lease of life WAB has received I am curious. Why now? After all these years of apparent neglect what changed and who do I send a Christmas card to?

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied

Huh, maybe I'm fooling myself lol.

Do any of the other themes look halfway decent?
    Themes does not work, selecting Dark or Black & red shows no difference for me.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

Ahh, imagine my surprise as i deleted the handle name to see revealed underneath 'enter email address'. Left it blank.

Chose a different style and it took.

Except i'm not noticing any difference.

Cool blue or default vb5 style looks the same as whatever the default style is.

Logged out and back too. No difference.
    Huh, maybe I'm fooling myself lol.

Do any of the other themes look halfway decent?

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied

It's the handle name field you mentioned. Remove all characters from that field.
    Ahh, imagine my surprise as i deleted the handle name to see revealed underneath 'enter email address'. Left it blank.

Chose a different style and it took.

Except i'm not noticing any difference.

Cool blue or default vb5 style looks the same as whatever the default style is.

Logged out and back too. No difference.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Cruiser View Post
    I think I like the new format. I especially like that we can now "Like" a post. I also like that the site seems to be getting a second wind. Hoping for the best. Oh, and a hearty "Thanks" to all involved!
    My feelings exactly. And thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

I don't see any way to remove email address. There is a field below the handle name that asks to re-enter it but that does not take.
    It's the handle name field you mentioned. Remove all characters from that field.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied

I ran into that too. vBulletin pre-fills in your email address. You have to actually remove your email address from that field to continue.
    I don't see any way to remove email address. There is a field below the handle name that asks to re-enter it but that does not take.

Leave a comment:

• Cruiser
    replied
    I think I like the new format. I especially like that we can now "Like" a post. I also like that the site seems to be getting a second wind. Hoping for the best. Oh, and a hearty "Thanks" to all involved!

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied

So its there where you said but when i try to change the style i get an error message saying "Email addresses must match"

So i retyped the same email address and it still returned the same error message.

Usually this style setting should be where Chris said, at the bottom left when logged in

ie. without going into user settings.
    I ran into that too. vBulletin pre-fills in your email address. You have to actually remove your email address from that field to continue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X