No announcement yet.

Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to retain the previous style as it was built for a very old version of vBulletin and is not compatible with the current version. As TopHatter says we will see what we can do given some time to get a new custom style designed.

In the mean time the default vBulletin 5 style does come with some "child styles" which you should be able to select from the far bottom left when logged in. Hopefully everyone can find one of these options more to their personal liking

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.47.53 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	1565579

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post

In the mean time the default vBulletin 5 style does come with some "child styles" which you should be able to select from the far bottom left when logged in. Hopefully everyone can find one of these options more to their personal liking
      Just an FYI - I had to go into my User Settings, then the Account tab, and then scroll down to the Forum Style to change the colors. Incidentally I rather like the Cool Blue selection.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• How do I reply to Private Messages? I see no 'Reply' option.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          How do I reply to Private Messages? I see no 'Reply' option.
          I can see it

Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	116
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1565598

Comment

• Have been looking for something to change the way posts are ordered. When I go to a thread can I get it to start from the newest post instead of the first post?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              Have been looking for something to change the way posts are ordered. When I go to a thread can I get it to start from the newest post instead of the first post?
              I think that was available on older versions of vBulletin. Doesn't look like you can change that setting now.

On the plus side, it seems like when I click on a thread, it immediately "shoves" the screen down to the first post. Not exactly the same thing I know,
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post

I can see it

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	116
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1565598
                I see nothing. Joe, please help.

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 6.50.15 AM.png
Views:	103
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1565638
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post

I see nothing. Joe, please help.
                  Click on the message title (Re: Hi) and then scroll down to the txt entry box at the bottom. You won't see a Reply button because it's not needed

If you're still having trouble finding it, I'll post some screen shots

Comment

• ^ Got it. Thanks Joe. It was tricky.

Comment

• Woah...didnt recognise the old place. Looking good and https finally! suddenly felt nostalgic enough to go look at all the old threads...
                      TH, would you be migrating from Vbulletin to a free/OSS alternative to cut costs?
                      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                        Woah...didnt recognise the old place. Looking good and https finally! suddenly felt nostalgic enough to go look at all the old threads...
                        Bit of a facelift and a nip & tuck here and there

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                        TH, would you be migrating from Vbulletin to a free/OSS alternative to cut costs?
                        Well the board is owned by Rochen, so it's their call where we go etc. I haven't heard any plans as such and I think they're pretty happy where we are

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Just an FYI - I had to go into my User Settings, then the Account tab, and then scroll down to the Forum Style to change the colors. Incidentally I rather like the Cool Blue selection.
                          So its there where you said but when i try to change the style i get an error message saying "Email addresses must match"

So i retyped the same email address and it still returned the same error message.

Usually this style setting should be where Chris said, at the bottom left when logged in

ie. without going into user settings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

So its there where you said but when i try to change the style i get an error message saying "Email addresses must match"

So i retyped the same email address and it still returned the same error message.

Usually this style setting should be where Chris said, at the bottom left when logged in

ie. without going into user settings.
                            I ran into that too. vBulletin pre-fills in your email address. You have to actually remove your email address from that field to continue.

Comment

• I think I like the new format. I especially like that we can now "Like" a post. I also like that the site seems to be getting a second wind. Hoping for the best. Oh, and a hearty "Thanks" to all involved!

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

I ran into that too. vBulletin pre-fills in your email address. You have to actually remove your email address from that field to continue.
                                I don't see any way to remove email address. There is a field below the handle name that asks to re-enter it but that does not take.

Comment

Working...
                                X