This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP!

Have most of the members here met each other in person too?

Comment

No.

It's not a limiting factor though. Some folks here have become valued friends despite never having seen their faces.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by popillol View Post
        RIP!

Have most of the members here met each other in person too?
        A lot of regulars here have met one or more others. I've met about half a dozen Australian & US members and plan to add one or two more to the list next time I visit the US. Sadly one of the people I had planned to meet was Whiskey. That loss reminded me that the opportunity to make that face to face connection should be taken if it arises.

As S2 said, there are people here who are a valued part of our lives even though we have not met. The tears many of us have cried for Minnie, Whiskey, Dave, Shamus & perhaps even the Brigadier were as real as any we have cried for people who were a physical presence in our lives.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

^^ Like
          &
          ^ Like!

Comment

Well stated BF
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Why am I only now hearing of this/I am shocked but not really surprised. With many posting here still in uniform, I think we sometimes forget that "inconvenient truth." Perhaps we should be grateful that it doesn't happen more often than it does.

א מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד: יְהוָה רֹעִי, לֹא אֶחְסָר.
              ב בִּנְאוֹת דֶּשֶׁא, יַרְבִּיצֵנִי; עַל-מֵי מְנֻחוֹת יְנַהֲלֵנִי.
              ג נַפְשִׁי יְשׁוֹבֵב; יַנְחֵנִי בְמַעְגְּלֵי-צֶדֶק, לְמַעַן שְׁמוֹ.
              ד גַּם כִּי-אֵלֵךְ בְּגֵיא צַלְמָוֶת, לֹא-אִירָא רָע-- כִּי-אַתָּה עִמָּדִי;
              שִׁבְטְךָ וּמִשְׁעַנְתֶּךָ, הֵמָּה יְנַחֲמֻנִי.
              ה תַּעֲרֹךְ לְפָנַי, שֻׁלְחָן-- נֶגֶד צֹרְרָי;
              דִּשַּׁנְתָּ בַשֶּׁמֶן רֹאשִׁי, כּוֹסִי רְוָיָה.
              ו אַךְ, טוֹב וָחֶסֶד יִרְדְּפוּנִי-- כָּל-יְמֵי חַיָּי;
              וְשַׁבְתִּי בְּבֵית-יְהוָה, לְאֹרֶךְ יָמִים.
              Last edited by desertswo; 20 Aug 15,, 19:56.

Comment

Captain,

Thank you, sir. That psalm remains a comfort to those left behind whenever said or by whatever language.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

As S2 said, there are people here who are a valued part of our lives even though we have not met.
                  Ditto Albany...
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

I still feel shame for my last words but damned pride for her courage.
                    Chimo

Comment

• I learned of this earlier today, and took pause before posting in this thread, but still am having difficulty finding words to express the alternating feelings of sadness for the loss, and anger caused by the taking.

RIP Minskaya.

Comment

• Mods, this thread should be pinned.

It is extremely rare to find respect for others who did not wore our uniform ... but she did. I am both proud to have known her ... and shamed to argue against her convictions. The Ukraines did not deserve her but the Ukraines need now to live up to her standards.

Perhaps that is the best thing I can say. Usually, our contries demand we live up to her ideals. We have a woman who demands her country lives up to her ideals.

For that I am eteranlly grateful to have known her.
                        Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Mods, this thread should be pinned.
                          Agreed, done.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Top,

I propose, let's get the Good Brigadier's handle edited "In Memoriam" as well. Won't feel good with new comers posting without getting to know, he is no more with us.

regards,
                            sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                              Top,

I propose, let's get the Good Brigadier's handle edited "In Memoriam" as well. Won't feel good with new comers posting without getting to know, he is no more with us.

regards,
                              We are most definitely going to do so. In fact I'd like to have something a bit more reverent for all of our absent friends.

At the moment though we still have reduced functionality on the Admin/Moderator Control Panel and can't make those changes. :-(
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• It seems like only yesterday she was with us ,,and also just over a year since one of my best mates and bro in arms left us .

RIP Minny and Dave "peanuts" Lukins ,and all others who were valued friends on WAB and F/B

Gone but never forgotten .

I miss you like hell nuts , it hurts .

May your God bless you .

Click image for larger version

Name:	11391563_876587962422178_4663114906393938166_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1467774
                                Last edited by tankie; 13 Oct 15,, 16:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X