setting up a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a poll

I am unsure if regular members are allowed to our not. I looked for a function to set a poll up but couldnt find one. I would be interested in setting up a poll in which one could pick as many choices as wished. Ithink it would be informative and make for a reasonable subject to discuss, share information and maybe identify some chaff anomgst the wheat. Today we have so many sources of news.One of the underlying themes of American political discourse is media bias in reporting. Beyond that with the internet there are issues with web sites posing as news services andactually being mouthpieces for narrow interests and serving the public fabrication and propaganda as news. While bias may not be ideal i think a discussion on the history of some "news" organizations past "scoops" might help those on left and right identify the sources that don't even rise to the level of a good gossip column when actual events are looked at. When stories are false what happens to those responsibel? Are they held to account? IMO that's how you seperate news from fiction. If a real news organizations is outright wrong or reports lies someone is held responsible. The propaganda outlets just stop reporting the lie after a whiel. So, How about a poll with 20 or so of the biggest websites and all the cable news and broadcast news outlets and the big national newspapers like the wsh, times, post, wa times, tribune and Herald and a few magazines like National review, economist time etc. We talk about media bias and lies why not a poll and a thread to post examples of false stories put out by right and left in the American politics section
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Click "Post New thread" in whichever section your poll is intended to.

On the bottom of the page there is poll option with number of questions, etc...

From vBulletin support

How do I create and vote in polls?
    You may notice that some threads on this board also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
    Blue
    Yellow
    Green
    Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!
    Last edited by Doktor; 31 Mar 13,, 20:35.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Thank you very much Sir I will compile a list and post it!
      Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

You are welcomed. If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
        X