This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VARGAS,

You have had a rather...uneven...launch on the WAB.

You are welcome but to make your stay more enjoyable...and longer...I recommend you read the site linked to below. It will save you a lot of grief later.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...val-guide.html
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Blade is having a blast actually.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
        I find that hard to believe. Can you post the article where he said he missed his days of bestiality?
        The problem is that it is in Portuguese. It was a 1979 interview. If you type the keywords ''Lula", "Playboy", "1979" and "Cabra" thousands of links appear with the interview.
        Lula is the nickname of the president, "Cabra" means goat. I will get the exact quote and translate:

"Playboy – Com que idade você teve sua primeira experiência sexual?
        Lula - Com 16 anos.
        Playboy – Foi com mulher ou com homem?
        Lula (surpreso) - Com mulher, claro! Mas, naquele tempo, a sacanagem era muito maior do que hoje. Um moleque, naquele tempo, com 10, 12 anos, já tinha experiência sexual com animais como cabras… A gente fazia muito mais sacanagem do que a molecada faz hoje. O mundo era mais livre…"

Translation:

"Playboy - At which age you had your first sexual intercourse?"

Lula - 16 years old.

Playboy - With a woman or a men?

Lula - With a woman, of course! But, at that time, people were much more sexual than nowadays. Any boy at that time, at 10 or 12 years old would already have sexual intercourse with animals before, like goats... We experimented much more than the boys today. The world was freer".

A real problem in translating from Portuguese to English is that they use a lot of slang terms all the time, and they usually don't have a good translation that shows what they really are trying to express because the concept don't even exist in English.

Comment

• New to the forum here, Uk based with a keen military interest even though I am no military service, not so say other family members havent served, the latest will be my grandson whose just signed up for the army, so proud of him.

Norman

Comment

• Howdy Norman!!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Hi Everybody

Hi everybody! I just joined this board. Hope it's fun, informative, and civil! I like to discuss geopolitics. Been to places, in particular I know Afghanistan and Pakistan quite well. I'm on the humanitarian and political side of things, not a military expert by any mean...

Looking forward to learning some more.

Comment

• Welcome Olivier5,

Your insight into Afghanistan and Pakistan would be much appreciated here.

The board seems to have been experiencing some technical issues the last couple of days, so don't be surprised if you get a couple database errors or something until it gets worked out.

Comment

• Strange errors SteveDaPirate.....

Still unable to log on but I could post to this .....

Blidgepump

Comment

• Tx Steve. Looks like an interesting place. Is there a thread on AF-PAK?

Comment

• Vargas, NormanH and Olivier5, welcome to WAB!

@ Olivier5 - Perhaps, the Central and South Asia section could help.
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Hi, been here a while. Was hoping to be able to start discussions and get things moving - forum has died?

Comment

• Cannot even edit the above post for example.

Comment

• Temporary difficulties due to recent software update.

Comment

• I thought it might be a lack of user rights? I cannot start threads, edit posts, change avatar etc

And presumably the professional thing is dead also

Comment

• It seems to be a database problem. Check the forum outtage thread for updates. Hopefully getting foxed soon...ish.

Welcome to the forum anyways. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X