StarCraft II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarCraft II

Guess who just got a key for closed beta?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

well we expect your insights :)
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

!!! I expect everyone on this forum to play the Dawn of the Dead mod/map when released on SC2.

Abso-spiffing-lutely tension evoking stuff. Usually the premise is: small squad of marines/near-future soldiers ( when I last played, max of 7-8 players) get dropped into ye ole' zombified city. Different classes from Firebat, demolitions, medics to recon are available ( think there were 8-9 classes on the warcraft one). Tons of teamwork to advance anywhere decent in the game. Really great stuff. Had me addicted for 4-5 months.
      "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

Originally posted by Lonekommie View Post
        !!! I expect everyone on this forum to play the Dawn of the Dead mod/map when released on SC2.

Abso-spiffing-lutely tension evoking stuff. Usually the premise is: small squad of marines/near-future soldiers ( when I last played, max of 7-8 players) get dropped into ye ole' zombified city. Different classes from Firebat, demolitions, medics to recon are available ( think there were 8-9 classes on the warcraft one). Tons of teamwork to advance anywhere decent in the game. Really great stuff. Had me addicted for 4-5 months.
        same with that warcraft 3 map??
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Yep! Dawn of the Dead is on wc3. But theres a better map for warcraft 3 called Night of the Dead: Aftermath.

This one is damn realistic, I mean, jumping off a cliff will give you a broken leg, fighting at close quarters with zombies gets you dead very, very fast. Both have advancement features (pvt-lcpl-cpl-sgt-ssgt-gysgt etc etc based on xp). After a while though, it gets repetitive, and compared to some of the flashier games around, its so/so.

With a shitbucket like mine, I aint complaining!
          "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            Guess who just got a key for closed beta?
            !!!! Envy..

So we expect a few cool screens plus the obligatory youtube video as soon as you can.
            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I really hope 3D graphics won't ruin gameplay as they did for some other RTSs (especially C&C).

Comment

I haven't played any MMORPG's since Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings.

Too bad Turbine drove that game into the ground--I thought it was teriffic.
                "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Let's see...

The Good
                  1. The music is fantastic
                  2. The game seems to run quite smooth, even with my outdated computer
                  3. New Battlenet has very nice interface

The Bad
                  1. Closed beta is multiplayer only, so I only get to play the game for 3 min before someone slaughters me
                  2. Limited maps with at most 2v2 settings available, for closed beta
                  3. The game seems like a rehashed original with minor improvements in game play and updated 3D graphics

The Ugly
                  1. I die in 3 minutes due to experienced players used to playing human opponents. I want to test the goddamn game, not get involved in a dick waving contest.
                  2. See above.

Comment

nOOb.
                    "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

3. The game seems like a rehashed original with minor improvements in game play and updated 3D graphics
                      How can it be better than the original? It was simply perfect :D

Comment

Originally posted by TTL View Post
                        agreed. it is the best balance ever in a RTS game.

Comment

Originally posted by TTL View Post
                          Absolutely agree. The original was the most perfect RTS of all time. Everything else was just a bunch of wannabes.

What I have noticed in the "improved" department is the option to trade 50 crystal for a robotic miner, which mines faster than the normal SCVs, but only lasts 90 seconds. I haven't had a chance to measure exactly how effective this trade off is. Of course the value is constantly being adjusted by Blizzard to balance game play.

There are probably other minor improvements, but I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
                            nOOb.
                            stfukthxbye

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              Absolutely agree. The original was the most perfect RTS of all time. Everything else was just a bunch of wannabes.
                              Lies! Age of Empires 2 was by far the most perfect RTS of all time

Anyhow, back to starcraft, a friend of mine, a huge fan of SC1(worships it as an immortal diety), said SC2 isn't that great.
                              I never bothered to play SC2 since i never enjoyed the 1st one due to the severe limitations on economic, defensive, and countering choices that AOE has.

Comment

Working...
                              X