Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
    Garmin is no.1.

I've had the luck of using 2 versions of Garmin and both were spot on and brilliant.

I had the misfortune of using my friend's TomTom (was on sale) and it disappointed me. My friend even vouched for the TomTom lol

Garmin might be a bit higher priced, but is worth it.
    I went to Circuit City yesterday to try out their Demos. The Garmin does seem a better deal. BUT, there is one other feature I'd like to see on them. It's built into our daughter's car, but I haven't seen it on the other models.

That is a button called "HOME". After you get to where you are going and need to find your way back, all you have to do is push that button and it reverses your directions INSTANTLY.

So far all Garmins, Tom Toms, Sonys seem to use the same start up screen. I wonder if there's a voice activated GPS where you just speak into it and give the address you want to go to.

Wait a minute. That won't work for my wife unless its programmed to understand a combination a Hungarian accent.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
      I went to Circuit City yesterday to try out their Demos. The Garmin does seem a better deal. BUT, there is one other feature I'd like to see on them. It's built into our daughter's car, but I haven't seen it on the other models.

That is a button called "HOME". After you get to where you are going and need to find your way back, all you have to do is push that button and it reverses your directions INSTANTLY.

So far all Garmins, Tom Toms, Sonys seem to use the same start up screen. I wonder if there's a voice activated GPS where you just speak into it and give the address you want to go to.

Wait a minute. That won't work for my wife unless its programmed to understand a combination a Hungarian accent.
      My dad's Garmin nuvi 200w has the "HOME" feature.

I think you just hit "settings" ==> where to? ==> HOME and that's that.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        My dad's Garmin nuvi 200w has the "HOME" feature.

I think you just hit "settings" ==> where to? ==> HOME and that's that.
        Yeah, I think thats how its done. You'll have to program/save it in though, thats all :)

Comment

Working...
        X