Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC configuration help

i need a new configuration like listed below;

what are your thoughts and suggestions? :)

GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R (rev2.1) 1600Mhz(O.C.) FSP Core2 Duo, Core 2 Quad INTEL; LGA775; PCI-E16X; INTEL P35; DDR2-1066/1200(OC)Mhz-DDR3-1333MHz; 8xSound; GLan; SATA RAID; USB; ATX;

INTEL Q6600 G0 Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz 64bit LGA775; 4MBx2 L2; 2400Mhz; 65nm;
    THERMALTAKE CL-P0310-01 BigTyp 120VX (LGA775, 478, 754, 939, 940, AM2) CPU cooler

KINGSTON KHX8500D2K2/2G HYPERX PC2-8500 Dual 2x1GB; DDR2-1066Mhz; Cas 5 (5-5-5-15);

SEAGATE ST3500320AS 500GB SATA300 Barracuda 7200.11 7200rpm; 32MB; NCQ, 5 years warranty

PALIT 9600GT nVidia GeForce 9600GT; PCI-E16X 2.0; 512MB/256bit DDR3; HDTV-out, DVI, HDMI;

and a 22 inches wide Fujitsu Siemens monitor

thanks a lot :)

regards

Kerem
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

wow.....let me just say drooool....envy.
    im still slowly gathering up cash for my upgrade 6 months from now.
    I would say that you look at Penryn core2quads, they should be out by now.
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Looks pretty good. If gaming is your main concern, you might want to downgrade the proc to dual core and upgrade your video card. Most games can't utilize more than 2 cores, if at all. But a nice 8800GTS will improve your gaming performance by a lot.

If you insist on quad core, make sure you have good ventilation. I built a quad core for my nephew and it was running way hotter than all the dual cores I've built.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Also if you are a heavy gamer or multimedia type, you should think of getting higher quality PSUs like those Antec makes, their type 900 cabinet is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
          Also if you are a heavy gamer or multimedia type, you should think of getting higher quality PSUs like those Antec makes, their type 900 cabinet is good as well.
          I use Seasonic power supplies. They have better than 80% average efficiency rating.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            I use Seasonic power supplies. They have better than 80% average efficiency rating.
            Im very happy with my antec sonata III and earthwatts powersupply also rated at 80% according to the brochure i saw.

Comment

thanks everybody:)

GIGABYTE P35CDS3R P35 DDR2/DDR3 COMBO GLAN+SATA2 1
              2 GBDDR2 800MHzKIT(2X1GB)LL(4-4-4-12)NVID KINGSTON
              INTEL C2QUAD Q9300 2.50GHz 1333MHz 6MB 64BIT 775p
              500 SEAGATE 7200 NCQ SATA2 32MB ST3500320AS
              MSI NX8800GT(256Bit) 512MB TV DVI 16X
              RAIDMAX 918WBP NINJA ATX KASA SİYAH 430W
              THERMALTAKE W0116RE TOUGHPOWER 750W
              ZEROTHERM CF900 92MM copper CPU cooler (INTEL)
              MICROSOFT B2L-00060 Q USB black
              CREATIVE INSPIRE M5300 47W RMS 5+1 speaker black
              Acer 22" LCD monitor
              US Robotics Wireless Modem

heres my new home system by today :)
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

If it's not too late, I recommend that you change the brand of your video card. I've had a lot of problems with MSI boards (mobo). Don't know if that will translate to their video cards. On the other hand, i've had a lot of reliable video cards from eVGA.

Comment

If it's not too late, I recommend that you change the brand of your video card. I've had a lot of problems with MSI boards (mobo). Don't know if that will translate to their video cards. On the other hand, i've had a lot of reliable video cards from eVGA.
                  it is too late for now.. :(

normally i wanted to buy ASUS or LeadTek for boards and VGA cards(i dont know eVGA brand?).

cooling issue is very important yes i know that and i bought
                  1 cooler for CPU
                  1 cooler(zalman) for VGA card
                  2 cooler fans on the ATX
                  and powersupply have also some huge(750W) fans too :)

the only thing that i faced yesterday night, when i try to exit from the game named "Colin McRae- Dirt" suddenly a blue screen showed and computer rebooted herself...(btw rebooting system take not more than 20 secs. despite Vista ultima :) ) but this happened only once...

8800GT cost around 249 USD
                  8800GTS cost around 350 USD in Turkey...

so i thought it is not worth...am i wrong?

and my second question is if i did a wrong thing by buying a desktop instead of a laptop...

cost around 1800USD...but theres no laptops with the same performance with this system for 1800USD...right?

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                    it is too late for now.. :(

normally i wanted to buy ASUS or LeadTek for boards and VGA cards(i dont know eVGA brand?).

cooling issue is very important yes i know that and i bought
                    1 cooler for CPU
                    1 cooler(zalman) for VGA card
                    2 cooler fans on the ATX
                    and powersupply have also some huge(750W) fans too :)

the only thing that i faced yesterday night, when i try to exit from the game named "Colin McRae- Dirt" suddenly a blue screen showed and computer rebooted herself...(btw rebooting system take not more than 20 secs. despite Vista ultima :) ) but this happened only once...

8800GT cost around 249 USD
                    8800GTS cost around 350 USD in Turkey...

so i thought it is not worth...am i wrong?

and my second question is if i did a wrong thing by buying a desktop instead of a laptop...
                    cost around 1800USD...but theres no laptops with the same performance with this system for 1800USD...right?
                    I have a MSI mobo and card and no problems in my desktop but they are 4 years old.
                    About laptop, Depends on what you are using it for. A good laptop for travel needs to be under 2.5 kg and have a long battery life. Most laptops are not meant for gaming, just running vista on them is a trial. For gaming you need to get desktop replacement laptops which have graphics cards, 17 inch screens good fast processors but forget about moving them anywhere. My hp dv9330 weighs in at 3.98kg!

Comment

This laptop can probably play just about any game out there with 7950GTX SLI video cards. The problem is the size, weight, and cost.

Customize your Alienware Area-51 m9750 high performance gaming notebook computer

Desktop still offers no compromise gaming performance.:)

Comment

This laptop can probably play just about any game out there with 7950GTX SLI video cards. The problem is the size, weight, and cost.

Customize your Alienware Area-51 m9750 high performance gaming notebook computer

Desktop still offers no compromise gaming performance.:)
                        1- graphics
                        512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT - Enables DirectX® 10 Graphics!

mine is 8800GT 512mb and 256bit and enables directx 10 too ;)

2-17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology - Stealth Black

mine is 22" LCD with clearwiew... ;)

3-Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB

mine is Intel® QuadCore Q9300 2,5GHz 6MB Cache with 1333FSB!!! ;)

4-2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 1024MB

mine have 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SLI 800MHz - 2 x1024MB

5-160GB 7,200RPM (8MB Cache) (which is NOT the best for price and performance :P )

mine 500GB 7,200RPM 32MB Cache....soon i'll buy another 500MB and make them RAID-0 for extra performance ;)

you know theres a saying about buying a computer...

the best time to buy a computer is tomorrow... :)) :)) :))

Comment

Working...
                        X