Computer Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Programs

So, I'm starting a new job, working sales at a computer start up company. I knew it sounds really odd, but I need your guys' help:

What are the computer programs which you have downloaded to your PC/Mac? It doesn't make a difference if you've used the program once or use it three times an hour, I just need a list of programs to help me generate leads.

Thankx guys!
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Depends on what you mean by "computer programs" - every thing we do on a computer is through the use of computer programs.

Comment

Like I said, programs you've downloaded. Things that haven't come with your computer, but you've felt the need for a program that does that specific task, and so you've downloaded the best program that suits your purposes.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Autocad
        Solidworks
        Inventor
        Matlab
        VLC player
        +a handful of simulation games.

Those are pretty much the main programs I've downloaded/bought that I use often and didn't come with my computer.
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Congrats on the job. Not in the field I guess, but sounds interesting.

On this comp...
          Adobe Creative Suite
          CorelDRAW
          QuarkXPress
          OpenOffice (PC came with MS Office, but I don't like how MS made a mess from the menus)
          SketchUp 2013 (for private uses)
          Local made Accounting SW
          The usual suspects (FF, Chrome, Skype...)
          + games
          + kids SW for *cough* *cough* *cough* the kid.

Ben, I feel profiled, but since this is to help you...
          Last edited by Doktor; 05 Jan 14,, 23:40.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I should also add that I have my computer partitioned and runs both Windows 7 and Ubuntu (Linux). I assume you're only asking about Windows programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
              I should also add that I have my computer partitioned and runs both Windows 7 and Ubuntu (Linux). I assume you're only asking about Windows programs.
              +1. Tho, the Ubuntu partition is for my wife's educational needs, when she forgets her laptop in school. (Teachers and focus these days.)
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                +1. Tho, the Ubuntu partition is for my wife's educational needs, when she forgets her laptop in school. (Teachers and focus these days.)
                Yup, I only really use Ubuntu when I need to study. It's much faster, the interface is much more ergonomic, and it keeps me from being distracted easily because I can't open my simulators on linux.

Comment

Below is a mix of both, personal and professional programs I use on a daily basis.

Web browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome
                  Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials
                  Visual Studio 2010 (.Net IDE)
                  MS Office - for general productivity
                  VLC Media Player
                  Windows Media Player
                  Daemon Tools
                  CPUZ
                  Rainmeter
                  MS SQL Server Management Studio
                  Steam
                  Bittorrent
                  Netbeans (General purpose IDE, mostly for JAVA development)
                  A shit tonne of video games - mostly through Steam.
                  and many more I don't care to remember :red:

Comment

Thanks, guys! What I'm really looking for, though, are those smaller, rarer to find programs, the ones that aren't used by 50% of the internet. Think you guys can help me out here?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      Thanks, guys! What I'm really looking for, though, are those smaller, rarer to find programs, the ones that aren't used by 50% of the internet. Think you guys can help me out here?
                      Little Snitch
                      flarq
                      fldigi
                      WSPR
                      Simon

Comment

I'll try and limit it to the smaller, rarer, sub 50% stuff:

Filezilla - FTP client
                        Virtual Clonedrive - for mounting disc images
                        SumatraPDF - pdf reader
                        Audacity - Sound recording /editing
                        Combofix - For when things go terribly, terribly wrong

Comment

I can write a program for you that no one will ever use? What say? :matrix:

A good place to go for freeware common utility programs will be: Here

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Avast AntiVirus
                              Eclipse
                              MySQL Workbench
                              FileZilla
                              Putty
                              WinRAR
                              Firefox and Chrome
                              TeamViewer
                              Tortoise SVN

Comment

Working...