How do you think Humans came to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Herc the Merc;723191]The Odds of Evolution Occurring by Chance

The "odds" of evolution occurring by chance are so infinitely small that it is a miracle in itself that such things are still taught as if they were a "fact" of science.

Guess you think ours is the only planet in the cosmos then?

Because that's the only way the above 'odds' stance could be valid.
    sigpic

Comment

Hmmm lets c, I had a deep conversation with someone from the Orion nebula

[QUOTE=DragoonGuard;723230]
      Originally posted by Herc the Merc View Post
      The Odds of Evolution Occurring by Chance

The "odds" of evolution occurring by chance are so infinitely small that it is a miracle in itself that such things are still taught as if they were a "fact" of science.

Guess you think ours is the only planet in the cosmos then?

Because that's the only way the above 'odds' stance could be valid.
      How would anybody prove or disprove anything that is not observable? Is there God? Really who knows. Did humans evolve, of course they did. Do we have souls? do we exist in multiple universes? did our souls invade human bodies for learning something? Really nobody knows.

Evolution is a scientific fact, but before evolution what or who started it all?

Comment

[QUOTE=Herc the Merc;723231]
        Originally posted by DragoonGuard View Post
        [I][B]

How would anybody prove or disprove anything that is not observable? Is there God? Really who knows. Did humans evolve, of course they did. Do we have souls? do we exist in multiple universes? did our souls invade human bodies for learning something? Really nobody knows.

Evolution is a scientific fact, but before evolution what or who started it all?
        This is the big question that we will have more idea of as time goes on. For myself, putting it all down to whatever god one cares to use is just not enough.
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Herc the Merc;723231]
          [I][B]

According to Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" and his references to Noetic Science, Humans have a soul who's mass is a measurable (albeit miniscule) amount!

I have an employee (who has a "Master's Degree in Divinity"...which I compare to a "Master's Degree in Art History") and a girlfriend (Raised Catholic, but had a Jewish Father) that it's impossible to have a conversation about God with. Because the story was told to them at a young age--and there is no quantifiable proof to "Disprove" the God-theory--they expect me to also go with "blind faith" on the issue. No, thank you though.

In fact, we went out to watch Alice in Wonderland (3D/Imax) and got pizza beforehand and someone came by our table to "sell" us some stuff for a church group. Before he even could get started, I told him, "I'm an Athiest with a Jew Girlfriend, you're at the wrong table my friend. No offense."
          "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

[QUOTE=ShawnG;723242]

According to Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" and his references to Noetic Science, Humans have a soul who's mass is a measurable (albeit miniscule) amount!

I have an employee (who has a "Master's Degree in Divinity"...which I compare to a "Master's Degree in Art History") and a girlfriend (Raised Catholic, but had a Jewish Father) that it's impossible to have a conversation about God with. Because the story was told to them at a young age--and there is no quantifiable proof to "Disprove" the God-theory--they expect me to also go with "blind faith" on the issue. No, thank you though.

In fact, we went out to watch Alice in Wonderland (3D/Imax) and got pizza beforehand and someone came by our table to "sell" us some stuff for a church group. Before he even could get started, I told him, "I'm an Athiest with a Jew Girlfriend, you're at the wrong table my friend. No offense."

Trust me - I know exactly how you feel, mother was born-again Pentecostal, wife's a Catholic..........
            sigpic

Comment

pff...my my god-mother believes that I am the anti christ after she learned that the name my Parents gave me could be translated with Lucifer...and I once got kicked out of bible class in school as a kid for convincing my classmates (and making some cry) that god is evil...

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                pff...my my god-mother believes that I am the anti christ after she learned that the name my Parents gave me could be translated with Lucifer...and I once got kicked out of bible class in school as a kid for convincing my classmates (and making some cry) that god is evil...
                You could be right, - Lets imagine for a moment that god was real, - god must be one sick twisted MF.......All the suffering our species has/will suffer in the name of religion.
                sigpic

Comment

we were talknig about the tenth plagues back then, and there was no way the teacher could covince me back then that the infacide was justified. The argument "it is not evil if God does it" did not really work for me.

Comment

You could be right, - Lets imagine for a moment that god was real, - god must be one sick twisted MF.......All the suffering our species has/will suffer in the name of religion.
                    My thoughts as well D/G .;)

Comment

At this point, God and mathematics are equally astounding.

Visualizing up to ten dimensions - Boing Boing

Watch this through and see if you can wrap your head around it.

Comment

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/feb/your-inner-fish

Your Inner Fish
                        Anyone who has ever locked eyes with a chimpanzee has probably felt our primate identity. Now paleontologist Neil Shubin—discoverer of the “fishapod” Tiktaalik, whose fins with wrists and elbows illustrate an evolutionary transition between ancient fish and early land animals—leads a lively jaunt through the human body to get us in touch with our fishy (not to mention buggy, wormy, and yeasty) extended family. Shubin traces the deep history of anatomical innovations like heads, limbs, ears, and skeletons. Along the way he digs up fossils in the Arctic, peels apart a human cadaver in an anatomy lab, and investigates mutant flies with eyes in all the wrong places. Join him and learn to love your body for what it really is: a jury-rigged fish.

Grumps was scaly and his name was Tiktaalik!

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

I like it.

-dale

Comment

Using Obamaism to explain this situation, he would say god is good because things would be much worse if he were evil.

Prove him wrong. :))
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

Like it, but subscribe to the string theory for now. Otherwise, this is as realistic.........

Comment

String Theory has been superceded by M-Theory (M for Membrane) and the talk now is of 11 Dimensions because there are 5 or 6 independent equations that work so well for the the 10th Dimension that they need a 11th Dimension to wrap up all those nasty equations into one tidy package.

I don't have the math to go through all of these and I am going on blind faith that the guys doing the math can work it out ... just like the guys who believes in god going on blind faith that the priests know how many angels can fit onto the top of a pin.

Comment

Working...
                                X