The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Regardless of what he offered he was held in contempt of Parliament. If a vote of no confidence is passed and it seems certain the Opposition will put the motion when the House reconvenes, and Johnson does not resign it is likely that an appeal will be made to the Queen to dismiss him - a very distasteful intrusion of Crown privilege in British constitutional terms. It would mark an exemption from longstanding precedent; Chamberlain resigned on an adjournment motion which the Government won by 60 something votes.
    Ridiculous!..You can hardly expect him to appear in front of a select committee when the electoral commision are investigating him. There are certain legal issues to adhere to. Quite frankly it just wreaks of a lynch mob!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47712040

Comment

• Its amusing how Brexit supporters were described as racists
      Not really. The looney left is just that. Funny thing was that the accusations of racism were largely based on not wanting open borders with predominantly white populations. White people being raciest toward other white people. As for trade with India and other countries, Nov 1st Bojo should have trade envoys out to all the important countries straight away. No fucking around just get shit done.

Comment

• Comment

Regardless of what he offered he was held in contempt of Parliament. If a vote of no confidence is passed and it seems certain the Opposition will put the motion when the House reconvenes, and Johnson does not resign it is likely that an appeal will be made to the Queen to dismiss him - a very distasteful intrusion of Crown privilege in British constitutional terms. It would mark an exemption from longstanding precedent; Chamberlain resigned on an adjournment motion which the Government won by 60 something votes.
          and another thing ...Why do YOU ignore the elephant in the room? Why do YOU choose to ignore Andrew Tyrie and his 6 Billion that apparently doesn't leave the UK??????? How is Dominic Cummings supposed to reply to a question from somebody that isn't divulging his apparent knowledge and secreted sources. How can YOU show complete bias in favour of a Mandarin and yet show no empathy for somebody using ONS openly available sources??? Sorry but you are in the DOCK!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
              Ridiculous!..You can hardly expect him to appear in front of a select committee when the electoral commision are investigating him. There are certain legal issues to adhere to. Quite frankly it just wreaks of a lynch mob!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47712040
              He DID appear before the select committee you dunce. He later refused to take part in the inquiry about fake news and that is why he was held in contempt.

Comment

• dble
                Last edited by snapper; 08 Aug 19,, 08:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                  and another thing ...Why do YOU ignore the elephant in the room? Why do YOU choose to ignore Andrew Tyrie and his 6 Billion that apparently doesn't leave the UK??????? How is Dominic Cummings supposed to reply to a question from somebody that isn't divulging his apparent knowledge and secreted sources. How can YOU show complete bias in favour of a Mandarin and yet show no empathy for somebody using ONS openly available sources??? Sorry but you are in the DOCK!
                  What on earth has Andrew Tyrie got to do with it? Wasn't he on the Treasury Committee... did he have boozy lunches with dodgy Muscovites of tell deliberate lies during the referendum?

Funny how you champion an unelected bureaucrat like Cummings and demonise someone who was an elected MP. Wasn't Brexit about having accountable Government - an end to unelected bureaucrats? Oh and guess where your pal who is in contempt of Parliament went after finishing Uni? Muscovy.

Am I am in the dock am I? Are you the Police or the Crown Prosecution Service? With what crime am I charged? Get a damn grip pal. I wasn't even in the UK when the referendum took place. If you to be a clown go join a circus.

Comment

He DID appear before the select committee you dunce. He later refused to take part in the inquiry about fake news and that is why he was held in contempt.
                    Yeh thats what I said cloth ears...God some people

Comment

What on earth has Andrew Tyrie got to do with it? Wasn't he on the Treasury Committee... did he have boozy lunches with dodgy Muscovites of tell deliberate lies during the referendum?

Funny how you champion an unelected bureaucrat like Cummings and demonise someone who was an elected MP. Wasn't Brexit about having accountable Government - an end to unelected bureaucrats? Oh and guess where your pal who is in contempt of Parliament went after finishing Uni? Muscovy.

Am I am in the dock am I? Are you the Police or the Crown Prosecution Service? With what crime am I charged? Get a damn grip pal. I wasn't even in the UK when the referendum took place. If you to be a clown go join a circus.
                      You're a cherry picker consumed with the remain side of the argument. Open debate is impossible with people like YOU..Your're only interested in the establishment protecting its interests which are anti democratic and authoritarian! I bet that was YOu s******ing ( snigering) in the background to Tyries sarcasm.

Comment

• Oh dear... facts too much for you so I am a "cherry picker". No friend it is you Brexiteers who wish to 'cherry pick' with a hard border at the Channel and no border in Ireland.

And what was your problem with Andrew Tyrie? and not Dominic Cummings, the unelected bureaucrat? Cherry picking?

Comment

Oh dear... facts too much for you so I am a "cherry picker". No friend it is you Brexiteers who wish to 'cherry pick' with a hard border at the Channel and no border in Ireland.

And what was your problem with Andrew Tyrie? and not Dominic Cummings, the unelected bureaucrat? Cherry picking?
                          I'm just here to provide balance and a departure from your Anna Soubry/Gina Miller bias and obvious hatred of any free minded Libertarian thinker. There are actually some good points for remaining in the EU, alas I haven't heard you mention any....just arguments based on fear, job losses and shortages, fear an energy crisis, Panic , more fear, a zombie apocalypse and so on

Comment

• How sweet of you to be so 'even minded'.... arguing that the unelected Dominic Cummings, or a PM elected by 60,000 people can or must stall the will of Parliament "in the name of the people". After all Brexit was all about 'restoring Parliamentary sovereignty' over that of unelected bureaucrats right?

Comment

How sweet of you to be so 'even minded'.... arguing that the unelected Dominic Cummings, or a PM elected by 60,000 people can or must stall the will of Parliament "in the name of the people". After all Brexit was all about 'restoring Parliamentary sovereignty' over that of unelected bureaucrats right?
                              You clearly need help here. Mr Cummings isn't elected he's a political strategist. Boris is the New PM currently running a covert election campaign centred around the Brexit leaving date of Oct 31st. Mr Cummings is helping Boris as an advisor.

'Brexit', is happening because the Majority of the votes in the 2016 Referendum voted for it and Parliament enacted article 50. This is called democracy! Anything else I can help you with just give me a shout :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                                This ones better

Comment

Working...
                                X