The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    I fear you are again mistaken. Starter for 10: Who is this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47603[/ATTACH]

Let me give a you clue... He lives at Gournay Court:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47604[/ATTACH]

Was brought up by the family Nanny, went to Eaton and Trinity College Oxford, worked for a while in the city, together with his Wife is worth around £150m, his Wife being Helena Anne Beatrix Wentworth Fitzwilliam de Chair, the daughter of Lady Juliet Tadgell and Victor Hervey, 6th Marquess of Bristol... Manages an investment company called Somerset Holdings that for the most part banks offshore and the HQ of which he moved to Dublin following the Brexit vote.

Or Boris, I mean again Eaton and Oxford, where he was a member of the 'toffs gone wild club' known as the 'Bullingdon Club' (favourite pastime smashing and defecating all over restaurants and then paying to keep it quiet). Boris did at least study Classics. Apparently had a bust of Pericles on his desk at the FCO. Boris earns £100,000 per article from the Daily Torygraph...

Cameron too was an old Etonian - Oxford alumni. He is a second cousin of the Queens.

Nigel Farage: Dulwhich College, his Father worked on the Stock Exchange, so the son followed having failed academically at school which made Oxbridge impossible. Farage worked on the commodities markets (mostly metals it is said) married twice (second time to a German Lady) still lives where his parents lived (apart from London, Brussels flats etc) in Downe (which is actually where Darwin lived). We used to walk there sometimes on a Sunday when I was younger and my parents moved to Cudham. Farage has made a fortune from his political 'career' such that he despite his hatred of the EU he refuses to give up his EU pension and can currently afford a private plane. There are loads of rackets for elected MPs regarding second homes and expenses - which UKIP was recently forced to repay some £100,000, which according to Farage is a "small donation". Tell that to people doing three jobs and 60/70hrs per week for minimum wage to feed their children....

So if you want 'elites' I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
    All this is general knowledge and doesn't address the fact that they respect the referendum result. All except Cameroon, who has proven himself to be a liar of the Bliar stable. By the way you should try doing a week stint being battered by the north sea before you start complaining about 70 hour weeks, when you are out on the ocean you don't count hours you just collapse through exhaustion if you're lucky.

Last edited by Freyr; 12 May 19,, 07:46.

Comment

• Well first I think the referendum on Brexit was surrounded by lies "500m per week (or whatever number they dreamed up) for the NHS" was blatant BS. All the current Government's research shows that Britain is less wealthy by any form of Brexit. Second we know it was subject attempts to influence it. Third the use illegal of money - which we still have not been told where it came from; the criminal inquiry is still ongoing apparently but I could hazard a guess now: All these things make a case that the first vote was criminally financed false propaganda victory and nothing more.

Nor now more reality has dawned on the British people - like these idiots who once said "a trade deal if we Brexit will be the easiest thing ever" but now insist it will be 'even easier' if they leave with a 'no deal' first, who's snake oil is wearing thin - your hated 'elite' Brexiteers among them - it is no reason why the British cannot change their minds. As I have said before not all who voted to 'Leave' voted for the same thing. Nobody thought it would cost them personally but they swallowed the lies. A second vote would be more democracy not less.

Yea I do not fancy your job at sea though I know lack of sleep being a Mater. I know the sea and her ways and have seen storms and fog at sea myself, capsised once in a 28ft fibre glass tub and did a 360, fortunately the mast stayed put but I am more a pleasure yachts-Lady than a working sea farer. Diving and visiting places and drinking retsina in Greek islands is more my thing. Sailed from Rodos/Rhodes (Hellas) to Alexandria earlier this year. Lost a forward hatch on the way back which was a devil to fix but as you know these problems at sea are part of what makes it fascinating and a challenge that you long to experience again - and the sunrises, stars, and sunsets you sometimes get. I would not do it for a job though maybe because then I would start to hate it. I paint but do not want to be ordered to paint something or someone if you understand my meaning; that would ruin the pleasure of 'just doing because I feel it' for me. I wish you calm seas and many cod!

Comment

Well first I think the referendum on Brexit was surrounded by lies "500m per week (or whatever number they dreamed up) for the NHS" was blatant BS. All the current Government's research shows that Britain is less wealthy by any form of Brexit. Second we know it was subject attempts to influence it. Third the use illegal of money - which we still have not been told where it came from; the criminal inquiry is still ongoing apparently but I could hazard a guess now: All these things make a case that the first vote was criminally financed false propaganda victory and nothing more.

Nor now more reality has dawned on the British people - like these idiots who once said "a trade deal if we Brexit will be the easiest thing ever" but now insist it will be 'even easier' if they leave with a 'no deal' first, who's snake oil is wearing thin - your hated 'elite' Brexiteers among them - it is no reason why the British cannot change their minds. As I have said before not all who voted to 'Leave' voted for the same thing. Nobody thought it would cost them personally but they swallowed the lies. A second vote would be more democracy not less.

Yea I do not fancy your job at sea though I know lack of sleep being a Mater. I know the sea and her ways and have seen storms and fog at sea myself, capsised once in a 28ft fibre glass tub and did a 360, fortunately the mast stayed put but I am more a pleasure yachts-Lady than a working sea farer. Diving and visiting places and drinking retsina in Greek islands is more my thing. Sailed from Rodos/Rhodes (Hellas) to Alexandria earlier this year. Lost a forward hatch on the way back which was a devil to fix but as you know these problems at sea are part of what makes it fascinating and a challenge that you long to experience again - and the sunrises, stars, and sunsets you sometimes get. I would not do it for a job though maybe because then I would start to hate it. I paint but do not want to be ordered to paint something or someone if you understand my meaning; that would ruin the pleasure of 'just doing because I feel it' for me. I wish you calm seas and many cod!
        My relatives didn't give a rats arse about the leave campaign which was mortifying dumb. But on your point of numbers, yes they add up. When the UK stops paying into the EU its coffers are inevitably richer, I cant see how they wouldn't be after they are clearly not subsidising EU immigration and the EU its self. And this mistaken belief that the EU can suddenly supplant a significant member state is ridiculous. The EU are playing for time by manipulating historical problem in Ireland. But they will regret that when they realise that the Irish are not so stupid. When a foreign entity plays family against each other the shit will eventually land on the deceitful.

With regards to the sea , I also have 'Sailed' around Greece, the Ionian sea was kind mostly..the Aegean less so and quite unpredictable but nothing anywhere that I can remember is as violent as the N. Atlantic..I've actually done a 180 somersault and broke my nose against a hydraulic line through sheer power of the sea, lucky I'm not dead!

Comment

• Snapper it was 350 million , the add on the bus stated , lets fund the nhs instead , not we promise to give it , but without the freeloaders from around the world using it we wouldnt have to , anyhoo , May is a treasonous bastard and killed democracy along with MPs who side with her , and made the uk a laffing stock. We legally left on march 29 and a high court case is going on over it but have the peedo protection coop reported it , nooooooo alls quiet on the eastern front .

If polls are correct Farages brexit party are surging ahead of the tory shite and el al ira cor,bins labor , eu elections are gonna be interesting just like our local elections were .
          Last edited by tankie; 15 May 19,, 12:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
            But on your point of numbers, yes they add up. When the UK stops paying into the EU its coffers are inevitably richer, I cant see how they wouldn't be after they are clearly not subsidising EU immigration and the EU its self. And this mistaken belief that the EU can suddenly supplant a significant member state is ridiculous. The EU are playing for time by manipulating historical problem in Ireland. But they will regret that when they realise that the Irish are not so stupid. When a foreign entity plays family against each other the shit will eventually land on the deceitful.
            My dear fellow, I am a not an economist myself though I have rudimentary reading of the subject but the 'numbers that add up', making a loss, are not mine at all but the British Governments from the Treasury to the Bank of England, the IMF's, the World Bank's. It is estimated by the BoE that the UK is currently losing £600m per week that other for than the Brexit uncertaintly would have been forthcoming.

Regarding the Irish border problem there is a contradiction in the British position inherent in their so called desire for a 'hard border' meaning they get to say who is allowed in totally - the dwellers of their European neighbours and allies not being so welcome one would imagine. Firstly what does that say to your neighbours? It is hardly polite. Secondly this migrant labour I know for a fact will make the UK farms less profitable. I used to live in Kent both north and south of the Medway, hundreds of farms all need apples, pears, hops still in a few places, plums, pears, potatoes, cabbages, lettuces and much else picked but the workforce is not there. It was said that the East End Londoners used to come to take the hops but they did not do so any longer when I was there. What then happens to the farmer who cannot get his yield harvested? Does he produce more or less? Does he pay less tax or more for a diminished harvest? Not hard maths to do. Thirdly you cannot have a 'hard border' at Dover and a free for all on the Ulster border... it is just nonsensical. Sure erect fences all around the Channel coast if you want but those wishing to enter will merely go via Ireland and the free border. Hell if they have come Afghanistan or Syria - or even Poland and Romania to work isn't that good?

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
              nooooooo alls quiet on the eastern front .
              No it is not.

Comment

• I'm not quite sure who the traitors are? Those (older gen) Brits who voted for Brexit thinking it's good for Britain, or the younger Brits who failed to vote even though they have some form of a British destiny to inherit.
                I think the very notion that a public referendum on something so pivotal that a speck of a majority can be trusted to shift the course of a nation permanently -- or at least unalterable for a few generations -- is what's traitorous. There is no mandate for this Brexit. There never was. End it.
                Last edited by Goatboy; 17 May 19,, 09:21.

Comment

• __________________________________________________ ___
                  Police stop McDonald's from selling milkshakes near Nigel Farage rally

Police ordered a McDonald's in Scotland to stop selling milkshakes over fears people would dunk them over Brexit campaigner Nigel Farage, staff said, after a flurry of incidents left prominent far-right activists doused in the creamy liquid.

Farage, the leader of the Brexit Party, was holding an event in Edinburgh on Friday ahead of next week's European elections.

But police were concerned that protesters would buy milkshakes from a McDonald's a few hundred meters away with the intention of pouring them on the hardline Brexiteer's head.

A milkshake-dunking movement in Britain began after video went viral earlier this month showing a protester throwing a McDonald's milkshake over far-right campaigner Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

Full story: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/18/uk/mc...ntl/index.html
                  __________________________________________________ ___

I hear that getting "milkshaked" is a growing problem in Britain.

Burger King's response:

What's this world coming to? Next thing you know, people are going to start throwing deep-fried, yet unseasoned chicken wings at riot police when they start using pepper spray on the crowd.
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Apparently Theresa May will try to get her deal through the HoC for the fifth time on June 1st. If she succeeds or not however the 'men in grey suits' have required her resignation as PM after this last throw of her dice. Boris Johnson has proclaimed he will stand... as if that were a surprise.

Comment

My dear fellow, I am a not an economist myself though I have rudimentary reading of the subject but the 'numbers that add up', making a loss, are not mine at all but the British Governments from the Treasury to the Bank of England, the IMF's, the World Bank's. It is estimated by the BoE that the UK is currently losing £600m per week that other for than the Brexit uncertaintly would have been forthcoming.
                      I'm not surprised its down, investors are holding onto their money due to political paralysis. Once that ends, a normalisation depending on the trade deal would take effect

Regarding the Irish border problem there is a contradiction in the British position inherent in their so called desire for a 'hard border' meaning they get to say who is allowed in totally - the dwellers of their European neighbours and allies not being so welcome one would imagine. Firstly what does that say to your neighbours? It is hardly polite. Secondly this migrant labour I know for a fact will make the UK farms less profitable. I used to live in Kent both north and south of the Medway, hundreds of farms all need apples, pears, hops still in a few places, plums, pears, potatoes, cabbages, lettuces and much else picked but the workforce is not there. It was said that the East End Londoners used to come to take the hops but they did not do so any longer when I was there. What then happens to the farmer who cannot get his yield harvested? Does he produce more or less? Does he pay less tax or more for a diminished harvest? Not hard maths to do. Thirdly you cannot have a 'hard border' at Dover and a free for all on the Ulster border... it is just nonsensical. Sure erect fences all around the Channel coast if you want but those wishing to enter will merely go via Ireland and the free border. Hell if they have come Afghanistan or Syria - or even Poland and Romania to work isn't that good?
                      The UK should have a tariff free border with the EU on goods and services. Its the large scale uncontrolled immigration that caused this mess in the first place. I haven't heard any moderate Brexit voice say they didn't want immigration, that would be absurd.

Clearly there are always problems with regards to labour intensive work, but I'm sure they can addressed through technology as they have elsewhere in the farming industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
                        a speck of a majority .
                        51.9% - 48.1%= 3.8% that equates to a 1,269 501 majority vote. Hardly a speck ...thats 4x the population of Iceland!

Comment

• It is with the BBC snapper

Comment

• Well guess what? There are questions over Farage's new Party's (the Bexit Party) funding... I will only quote what has been sent to me from press references:

On 21 April The Sun ran an interview with Nigel Farage during which he opened up his Brexit Party’s PayPal account to show the journalist “60,000 paid-up supporters in just nine days since its launch”.

The traffic shows that on the Launch day of the Brexit Party only 1,200 visitors – a fraction of the 16,000 £25 supporters Farage claimed had signed up that day

The Sun journalist also witnessed Farage logging “on to the PayPal account to let us see the range of people paying £25 to become registered supporters — with 15,811 joining on launch day alone.”

These figures have led Farage to declare a wave of popular support and funding for his new party. However, a review of the web traffic statistics for the site throws severe doubt on this claim.
                            More Donations and Subscribers than Visitors

Byline Times ran a traffic analysis on the Brexit Party’s website to determine what kind of overall traffic might be needed to produce that level of sign-up. The site analysis is based on a very large and diverse set of the most common browser extensions and plug-ins and is taken from one of the biggest traffic analysers in the world. (For fairness and comparison we have included the analysis from some of the other major parties). The results were very troubling indeed.
                            Conservative Party
                            Labour Party
                            Green Party
                            The Brexit Party

The traffic shows that on the launch day of the Brexit Party only received 1,200 visitors – a fraction of the 16,000 £25 supporters Farage claimed had signed up that day. For the nine following days he said 60,000 had signed up, the actual total of visitors looks like less than 10,000.

Even if every single visitor paid money to Brexit Party PayPal account this is only 10% of the total needed for launch day and 16% for the following nine days.

The only conclusion that can be reached is that only a small proportion of PayPal payments were made via the website.
                            What Is Going On?

How can we explain the anomaly between what the Sun journalist saw on the 12 April in the Brexit Party’s PayPal account and the reality of the site traffic?

The PayPal totals are from transactions from the website, either from the Donate buttons in the <£500 Donation page, or from Subscriptions via the “Become a Registered Supporter” PayPal Link.
                            https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/15/b...do-not-add-up/

"Nigel Farage's Brexit Party lets 'Vladimir Putin' sign up as a supporter"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-lets-16063819

and now "European elections 2019: Electoral Commission reviewing Brexit Party funding"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48337499

Now I am not a 'leftie pinko' but when there is a criminal inquiry into this guy's funding of his Leave campaign ongoing what on earth are they letting him running the same scam again for? Until future elections can safeguarded from foreign influence (as we know the Brexit referendum was) then are they safe - can you let Farage's dubious funding let another election be distorted until you know the full extent of it's murky roots?

Comment

Well guess what? There are questions over Farage's new Party's (the Bexit Party) funding... I will only quote what has been sent to me from press references:

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/15/b...do-not-add-up/

"Nigel Farage's Brexit Party lets 'Vladimir Putin' sign up as a supporter"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-lets-16063819

and now "European elections 2019: Electoral Commission reviewing Brexit Party funding"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48337499

Now I am not a 'leftie pinko' but when there is a criminal inquiry into this guy's funding of his Leave campaign ongoing what on earth are they letting him running the same scam again for? Until future elections can safeguarded from foreign influence (as we know the Brexit referendum was) then are they safe - can you let Farage's dubious funding let another election be distorted until you know the full extent of it's murky roots?
                              But you are posting from lefty and Remainer sources

Nigel Farage has accused the Electoral Commission of an “outrageous act of political interference” for deciding to come and investigate the Brexit Party’s offices just two days before the EU elections. Farage claims that Commission had already given the party a “clean bill of health” and been invited to visit their offices last week, but the Commission said they were too busy to visit, while refusing to put their assessment in writing. A few tweets from Twitter’s resident FBPE cranks and a “powerful intervention” from Gordon Brown later and suddenly the Electoral Commission decide to drop everything and raid their offices the next day…

As Guido pointed out last night, pretty much every single political party and campaign also follows the £500 donation threshold including People’s Vote and the Labour Party, it has been a standard feature of political donations for countless election cycles. The fact that the Electoral Commission suddenly decided the Brexit Party – and no-one else – required urgent investigation over it shows that they either don’t have sufficient understanding of the law they are meant to enforce, or their investigations are not politically neutral. Or more likely, both…

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                                But you are posting from lefty and Remainer sources
                                I quoted four different media sources: the bylinetimes who frankly I do not know, the Mirror which I agree is left wing, a Channel 4 interview with Farage and the BBC, which by it's own rules is supposed to be impartial. Granted that the Mirror is has left wing bias but which of the other three do you class as "lefty and Remainer sources"? Or perhaps any all sources that question Farage's funding are by defination exhibiting 'lefty and Remainer' tendencies? Perhaps the press should no business investigating the funding of Brexiteers?

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                                Nigel Farage has accused the Electoral Commission of an “outrageous act of political interference” for deciding to come and investigate the Brexit Party’s offices just two days before the EU elections. Farage claims that Commission had already given the party a “clean bill of health” and been invited to visit their offices last week, but the Commission said they were too busy to visit, while refusing to put their assessment in writing. A few tweets from Twitter’s resident FBPE cranks and a “powerful intervention” from Gordon Brown later and suddenly the Electoral Commission decide to drop everything and raid their offices the next day…

As Guido pointed out last night, pretty much every single political party and campaign also follows the £500 donation threshold including People’s Vote and the Labour Party, it has been a standard feature of political donations for countless election cycles. The fact that the Electoral Commission suddenly decided the Brexit Party – and no-one else – required urgent investigation over it shows that they either don’t have sufficient understanding of the law they are meant to enforce, or their investigations are not politically neutral. Or more likely, both…
                                The funding of Farage's Leave.EU campaign is already the subject of a criminal investigation. The hits on the Brexit Party website (where donations would ordinarily be made) to not add up to the amount of money Farage says he is raising from these 'membership fees'. Nor is his lifestyle affordable on an MEPs salary. If he has expenses payed by someone like Aaron Banks he is obliged to declare that and has not done so. Thus the EU are now investigating his none declaration as well. Nor honestly can Aaron Banks afford the millions he has given Farage so the question is who is behind all this money? I could hazard a guess.

Seems now Mrs May's latest proposed vote on the EU withdrawal agreement was so badly received that she is likely to be out before she can put her deal to Parliament again next month. She is due to meet the Chairman of the 1922 Committee (which manages Tory Party leadership elections) and they will tell her to go or they will change the rules to get her out.

Comment

Working...
                                X