X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toby
    replied
    Originally posted by zara View Post
    It's just political sattire, like private eye. It's meant to entertain, not inform.
    Its alot more than Satire Zara..

Leave a comment:

• zara
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Politics like to treat people like sheep. Things always start to get awkward when people start to think for themselves ..Those floats are artistically brilliant and fit a certain train of thought and yet answer NOTHING! I guess they go quite well with today's brainless catch phrase mentality!
    It's just political sattire, like private eye. It's meant to entertain, not inform.

Leave a comment:

• Toby
    replied
    Float or no float, the protest was never going to change a thing. I did enjoy some of the signs though
    Politics like to treat people like sheep. Things always start to get awkward when people start to think for themselves ..Those floats are artistically brilliant and fit a certain train of thought and yet answer NOTHING! I guess they go quite well with today's brainless catch phrase mentality!

Leave a comment:

• zara
    replied
    and they didn't have the brains to realise it would have been an own goal otherwise?

Float or no float, the protest was never going to change a thing. I did enjoy some of the signs though

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Like most carnival processions, Düsseldorf has around 70-75 wagons attending every year. It's just that everyone waits for Tilly's one-sixth of those.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by kato View Post
    There's a single artist (Tilly) who generally runs 12 floats at each Düsseldorf carnival. Hence why those always look somewhat the same.
    Public funds, one contractor... Yep, very conservative.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    There's a single artist (Tilly) who generally runs 12 floats at each Düsseldorf carnival. Hence why those always look somewhat the same.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    You forgot the more interesting ones.

Personally like these two:
    [ATTACH]43553[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43554[/ATTACH]
    ("Blonde is the new Brown" and "Our useful idiots")
    These are the conservatives? OK, now I kinda get what is wrong with EU.

BTW, all the costumes and dolls/muppets/whatever they are called seem produced on the same assembly line. Talk to me about communism.

Where is the diversity?
    Last edited by Doktor; 26 Mar 17,, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Originally posted by snapper View Post

Some may say - I believe tankie did - sod Scotland (or words to that effect) which in a way means sod the union.
    Nope , not sod the union ,your words not mine , sod sturgeons ideas for Scotland , shame you never quoted the part where I said , Scotland aint going anywhere , note , Wales N/I never mentioned , another 2 iddy biddy bits of the union .Which you failed to mention hey ol fruit , in your cherry picking . Typical would be politicians actions.
    Last edited by tankie; 27 Mar 17,, 11:56.

Leave a comment:

• Toby
    replied
    Carnival is about the most conservative political organized happening in Germany..
    Wow! looks like a throw back to the 70's ....are the Red brigade given a mention?

Leave a comment:

• snapper
    replied
    As regards to your various points. I'm not in disagreement that we need freinds and trading partners and that the union is worth preserving. But all I hear is how much England needs everybody else. Not how much they need us. Its become a totally imbalanced debate if you think the EU etc wont continue to need our trade. The problem alot of these EU politicians have is they believe their own rhetoric. They can't see outside the box and how much the world has changed in the last 30 years...Far more business to be had outside the EU than there is in it long term. The EU is a failed concept and in collective denial, unfortunately its taken this little country to point that out.
    In regard to your points re the EU and it's many current failings - not least in regard to it's trade policies I fully agree. I understand that in the past there were "wine lakes" and "butter mountains" and though they are maybe gone much reform is required still. Sadly that reform is less likely without the UK. My points however were addressed toward British foreign policy rather than trade and the risks the UK is now taking that may bear bitter consequences in the future. I know these concerns are understood in the FCO. Even Boris, who to his credit has a degree in Classics rather than PPE, must have some awareness. Consider wisely what you do in your apparent short term interests is my advice.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Comparing Trump, Le pen and Wilders to Hitler, just goes to show how disturbed the left is...Like an alternative reality
    Carnival is about the most conservative political organized happening in Germany. The artist got a couple hundred death threats for it btw.

If you want Schubladendenken among German conservatives - there was also one this year that portrays Trump alongside Putin, Erdogan, Orban and Kaczinsky as bugs eating the innocent leaf of democracy. Or the statue of Liberty with "America Resist" painted on her holding up the chopped off head of Trump. Or Erdogan and the IS toasting each other with glasses filled with the blood of Kurds - though that was last year.

I mean, by comparison you got away easy with an effigy of May shooting herself in Düsseldorf. Or the one i like better, i.e. May in a rubber boat titled Brexit giving the finger to the leaving EU ship while her boat is already half sunk ("Rule Britannia" from Mainz carnival).

Leave a comment:

• Toby
    replied

[ATTACH]43553[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43554[/ATTACH]
    Comparing Trump, Le pen and Wilders to Hitler, just goes to show how disturbed the left is...Like an alternative reality

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Dusseldorf city council financed it. Just like they finance political floats every year. Not everything has to be some dark EU hand. God! the level of suspicion!

Click image for larger version

Name:	blonde.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1470634 Click image for larger version

Name:	useful.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1470635

Leave a comment:

• Toby
    replied
    Seems to be a lot of people in the 48% groups saying that they shouldn't use the float tomorrow in light of the attack on Wednesday..
    and they didn't have the brains to realise it would have been an own goal otherwise?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X