Attack in Berlin X-Mas Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kato View Post
    Oh yeah. Last time I was in Plitvice was six months before Serbian tanks rolled through it. .
    Hmmm makes a change from tiger tanks and stukas huh .

Comment

• 3 members of a terrorist cell related to the bastard terrorist who drove the lorry have been arrested in Tunisia . One of them is Amri's nephew , lets see how they try to deny Amri was a terrorist refugee . Refugees welcome , open borders , wilkomen .

RIP the slain ,,murders which were avoidable .

Comment

• Well according to CNN, German authorities have 345 pages on this cell. According to them, Slobodan S was so extreme that he was even considered extreme for extremists. Also he was a spiritual guide for Amri. Solobodan S was of Serbian descent but he was born in Germany and according to our news, converted to Islam a long time ago. For us, this is just a confirmation that converts are far more fanatical than "real Muslims".

Comment

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
          Also he was a spiritual guide for Amri.
          In case you mean Boban S. there - interestingly, while Amri lived at his place he supposedly did not take part in Boban's prayer circles. He also, despite living there, kept addessing him as Sie (i.e. formal distant address in German).

For a supposed oh so fanatical convert Boban S. lived pretty sinfully btw - unmarried under one roof with his girlfriend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Where to start, for instance there were never mines in Macedonian roads.
            Who was talking about Macedonia? I talked about what outside Yugoslavia is known as the Autoput (European Route E70 west of Belgrade and E75 south of Belgrade), i.e. the road that traverses almost all Yugoslav states and was in an abysmal state because in reality it's main reason for existing was to serve as a gigantic funnel along which immigrants from Yugoslavia and other Balkan countries moved to Germany in the 60s and 70s.

In Croatia - in particular Western Slavonia - postwar it had to be demined and partly torn down as it saw heavy fighting, entrenching along embankments and heavy artillery bombardment and direct fire damage.

Comment

Who was talking about Macedonia? I talked about what outside Yugoslavia is known as the Autoput (European Route E70 west of Belgrade and E75 south of Belgrade), i.e. the road that traverses almost all Yugoslav states and was in an abysmal state because in reality it's main reason for existing was to serve as a gigantic funnel along which immigrants from Yugoslavia and other Balkan countries moved to Germany in the 60s and 70s.

In Croatia - in particular Western Slavonia - postwar it had to be demined and partly torn down as it saw heavy fighting, entrenching along embankments and heavy artillery bombardment and direct fire damage.
              "The only thing I remember about Macedonia was our car breaking down due to the abysmal state of the Autoput at the time. You know, back before it was instead too dangerous to drive on due to the mines. A few years after Tito croaked."
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

In case you mean Boban S. there - interestingly, while Amri lived at his place he supposedly did not take part in Boban's prayer circles. He also, despite living there, kept addessing him as Sie (i.e. formal distant address in German).

For a supposed oh so fanatical convert Boban S. lived pretty sinfully btw - unmarried under one roof with his girlfriend.
                So you are saying that he is not a part of Abu Walaa's network and that he is not a second man in the ring for ISIS recruitment in Germany? I mean, this is from our newspaper's called "Blic" aka Flash in English, but it is commonly known among population as BND Press...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Versus; 25 Dec 16,, 01:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  3 members of a terrorist cell related to the bastard terrorist who drove the lorry have been arrested in Tunisia . One of them is Amri's nephew , lets see how they try to deny Amri was a terrorist refugee . Refugees welcome , open borders , wilkomen .

RIP the slain ,,murders which were avoidable .
                  If there had been no 'wilkomen' policy the same thing could well have happened; the US wasn't welcoming thousands of Islams when 9/11 happened. Fact is we cannot stop all attacks these fanatic loonies will attempt whether we accept refugees or not. It is not therefore necessarily a result of the policy - or the person responsible for the policy.

Comment

• What actually blows my mind about this attack is: why didn't the holiday market have truck barriers? One would think this would be a no brainer after the attack in Nice.

Stuff like this:

https://www.grainger.com/category/de...ecatalog/N-os1

Are used all over the US. They could have saved a lot of lives by spending <$10K on barriers.
                    Last edited by citanon; 25 Dec 16,, 03:20.

Comment

• I was told that the guns for the Paris attack came from Kosovo. I recall that some weeks before the Belgians picked up a car from Kosovo loaded with weapons and seriously nobody doubts that Kosovo has been used to train Daesh nutters. The West messed up in Kosovo and should recognise it by not letting Serbia deal with the problem alone.
                      Last edited by snapper; 25 Dec 16,, 03:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                        Are used all over the US. They could have saved a lot of lives by spending <$10K on barriers.
                        It's not like we don't have them. Truck barriers are considered ugly though. They're therefore all stowed away where you can't see them. Pretty much all xmas markets in Germany - thousands, literally - had truck barriers installed from existing stocks within hours (!) after the attack. The barriers used in Germany tend to be a bit more massive than those planters and bollards usually used in the US.

People consider them ugly enough that since tuesday such truck barriers have been the target of graffiti, like this in Hamburg:

Click image for larger version

Name:	weihnachtsmarkt1180_v-vierspaltig.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1470109

(apart from that they were also spray-painted "more color, less fear". police is investigating.)

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        I was told that the guns for the Paris attack came from Kosovo. I recall that some weeks before the Belgians picked up a car from Kosovo loaded with weapons and seriously nobody doubts that Kosovo has been used to train Daesh nutters. The West messed up in Kosovo and should recognise it by not letting Serbia deal with the problem alone.
                        The weapon dealers in France and Belgium came from Kosovo and Albania (... mostly Albania), not the weapons. The weapons used in attacks in France were mostly Slovakian Kalashnikov blank-firing replicas rebuilt to fire live ammunition; this is partially because gangs in those areas really like to get a "Kalash" no matter its source.

In Germany by comparison the illegal weapons market is usually dominated by Bosnians and the favourite guns on the black market seems to be Czech Skorpion SMGs in either original semi-auto or rebuilt to full auto. Also, hand grenades are more common on the black market here apparently.

Comment

• that poor Polish driver, i heard he tried to fight the muslim terrorist till the end. The tragic thing is Poland does her best to protect citizens from these animals, but then he was killed in german because merkel refuses to protect her citizens.

Comment

• Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                            that poor Polish driver, i heard he tried to fight the muslim terrorist till the end.
                            There's a petition to give him a federal merit cross.

Also, due to a legal quirk his family is the only one legally entitled to compensation from the German government. Victim compensation law in Germany specifically excludes anyone intentionally injured or killed using motorized vehicles. Other victims can get compensation through an association assisting traffic accident victims.

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                            The tragic thing is Poland does her best to protect citizens from these animals
                            Supposedly, according to his boss, his last call - after parking the truck for an overnight stay - was that "the city is full of muslims". And that he'd "go get a kebap for dinner now".

Comment

• Kato, I expected Germany to have those on hand. What blows my mind is that Nice and all the ISIS postings were not considered reason enough. This was a lethal oversight on the part of the authorities. It's complacency to the point of negligence.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                                This was a lethal oversight on the part of the authorities.
                                X-mas markets are not run or even organized by authorities in Germany. They're a completely private business venture. Installing barriers costs money (in manpower, at least), which authorities would - at least in Germany - charge to those private business owners unless there is a pressing reason authorities want those barriers there (and even then they'd charge them in some indirect way, higher rent for the space or something like that).

In the same vein, the main discussion after the attack when discussing measures wasn't so much security, but whether there'd be an impact on the x-mas market business. Which most don't think so btw.

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                                What blows my mind is that Nice and all the ISIS postings were not considered reason enough.
                                Ahead of the x-mas market season this year it was already considered an extreme step that there would be police officers patrolling on site. As an example here an article (in German) on that from November in Lower Saxony, quote of police spokesman: "Due to the high abstract danger there will be an increased police presence on christmas markets this year again" with the first comment saying "I don't want to get used to simple events like a x-mas market being under police protection". Similarly, security measures during Oktoberfest this year were ridiculed and derided as "Fortress Munich" for fencing in the festival area; during reunification day festivities in Dresden "Nizza barriers" were installed, and what people were primarily questioning both during and after was how much money was spent on that. When reading articles about how our local x-mas market here was secured after the attack, comments pretty much call the increased security measures "paranoid", "useless" and "blind actionism".

Germans prefer liberty over security, especially while the danger remains abstract - and it'll stay abstract unless there's attacks at least every week, nationwide. And even then you'll have most people just shrugging their shoulders. And criticizing security measures taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X