Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Europeans

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ma...ees-portraits/

NatGeo took a very Non-PC narrative. Anyone surprised?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Well no I don't think anyone will be surprised by their angle. I am a little surprised that you would describe it as a Non-PC narrative.

Distrust of foreigners is biological instinct in people. You just hope that, as individuals and societies we can understand out inherent faults and temper them as best we can.

That said there is an inherent problem with Islam and those who are truest in interpreting and living by the Koran. We shouldn't hide in the shadow of that PC narrative.

I think we can find a balance and it doesnt have to be split into a simplistic dichotomy. In or out.

And sometimes I find that its a pity that immigrants personal stories reflect not being accepted while citizens/locals stories equally, only reflect failure of immigrants to integrate. It doesnt have to be perfect, we don't need to be identical. Shut the borders and open your eyes and you might find the people next to you aren't like you. In part there is a framing issue here imo.

Comment

Working...
    X