This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    I think such a claim would be challenged and another court case would ensue where such a claim would almost certainly be defeated. As zara has said the referendum was not legally binding on the British Government - merely morally so - so it's legal force, or rather lack of, cannot be interpreted as triggering Article 50.
    Apparently at one of the EU summits a month or two ago Thersa May told the leaders 'We really are leaving'. If Europe loses patience with us dithering they could just interpret that as 'formal notification'.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
      You are trying really hard to drag in insult out of me, I'm not going to take the bait. Sorry.
      What a strange thing to say.
      You've just paraded Pictures and painted people who voted to leave the EU as Xenophobic and the fact that they see no need to negotiate as imbecilic and you think I'm the one looking to drag an insult out. Wow you really a piece of work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
        You've just paraded Pictures and painted people who voted to leave the EU as Xenophobic and the fact that they see no need to negotiate as imbecilic and you think I'm the one looking to drag an insult out. Wow you really a piece of work!
        I have been very careful to only talk about the leave campaign. Those pictures show the lies by the leave campaign and the stirring up of xenophobia. If you can't see whats wrong with the 'breaking point' poster then Im sorry but I just can't help you.

You seem desperate for me to call you a xenophobe and neither I nor anyone else has done that. You're looking to take offence.

It's like Question Time every week someone in the audience says 'Stop calling us Racist'. Yet no-one ever does.

Calling the referendum squalid and disrespecting the result doe's not equate to calling you names.

Comment

the fact that they see no need to negotiate as imbecilic and you think I'm the one looking to drag an insult out. Wow you really a piece of work!
          But they do see the need to negotiate. That's what the department for exiting the European Union is doing. The Spectator and the Telegraph see the need to negotiate. Im willing to bet the vast majority of leave voters do. It's just the express and the mail that advocate leaving without negotiating, and Im pretty sure they dont speak for all leave voters.

Comment

I have been very careful to only talk about the leave campaign. Those pictures show the lies by the leave campaign and the stirring up of xenophobia. If you can't see whats wrong with the 'breaking point' poster then Im sorry but I just can't help you.

You seem desperate for me to call you a xenophobe and neither I nor anyone else has done that. You're looking to take offence.

It's like Question Time every week someone in the audience says 'Stop calling us Racist'. Yet no-one ever does.

Calling the referendum squalid and disrespecting the result doe's not equate to calling you names.
            I was going to reply to this drivel but instead I thought I'd get back to something you said earlier and clearly demonstrates your lack of understanding, certainly of the financial world.

You said and I repeat "Britain is the EU's main investment bank yep. For now. Lets see how long that lasts post brexit. Most of its going to New York from what I'm reading."
            DOH! First of all you clearly don't understand what investment banking is and secondly why would it move to New York (I'm keeled over in laughter here) ???????????
            Think carefully before you say anything here, I don't want you to embarrass yourself needlessly anymore.
            Last edited by Toby; 12 Dec 16,, 23:17.

Comment

But they do see the need to negotiate. That's what the department for exiting the European Union is doing. The Spectator and the Telegraph see the need to negotiate. Im willing to bet the vast majority of leave voters do. It's just the express and the mail that advocate leaving without negotiating, and Im pretty sure they dont speak for all leave voters.
              Out of politeness of course we will negotiate. Do we NEED to..of course not!

Comment

• Pass the popcorn , lol ��

Comment

Out of politeness of course we will negotiate. Do we NEED to..of course not!
                  So WTO trade rules?

Comment

I was going to reply to this drivel but instead I thought I'd get back to something you said earlier and clearly demonstrates your lack of understanding, certainly of the financial world.

You said and I repeat "Britain is the EU's main investment bank yep. For now. Lets see how long that lasts post brexit. Most of its going to New York from what I'm reading."
                    DOH! First of all you clearly don't understand what investment banking is and secondly why would it move to New York (I'm keeled over in laughter here) ???????????
                    Think carefully before you say anything here, I don't want you to embarrass yourself needlessly anymore.
                    I have a subscription to the FT Toby. Do you? They've been talking about it for months. Paywall warning.

https://www.ft.com/content/a3a92744-...5-82a9b15a8ee7

Here's bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...even-in-europe

Comment

So WTO trade rules?
                      We may have to if we're negotiating with Zara...lol

Comment

I have a subscription to the FT Toby. Do you? They've been talking about it for months. Paywall warning.

https://www.ft.com/content/a3a92744-...5-82a9b15a8ee7

Here's bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...even-in-europe
                        So the French are going to do their investment banking in America???

Comment

So the French are going to do their investment banking in America???
                          I don't know, but the financial press has been saying for months that New York could benefit more than Dublin, Frankfurt or Paris in a scramble for Londons Investment Banks.

Comment

• Germany would hardly be interested in NY either. I should also point out that replicating a city like London or New York in terms of finance is a massive under taking , not impossible but highly unlikely.
                            Last edited by Toby; 13 Dec 16,, 01:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby
                              Zara seriously, I suggest you read some history on this matter. This crap helped us get into the 2nd WW ...Apologies I probably should mention German reluctance also, as it was America that caused the collapse of the German economy in 29'
                              I think many would dispute that as entirely true and you would certainly have provide an argument for the case that would be outside the remit of the Brexit discussion so I ask you withdraw that rather bold statement in the context being discussed here.

Comment

I think many would dispute that as entirely true and you would certainly have provide an argument for the case that would be outside the remit of the Brexit discussion so I ask you withdraw that rather bold statement in the context being discussed here.
                                I would politely ask you to remove your comments now as others may not see them as entirely true either other wise they will stand
                                Last edited by Toby; 13 Dec 16,, 01:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X