This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
    The media highlights what it chooses, because it has an agenda. It never says anything about the vast majority that have settled and experience no problems and are in fact welcomed. and also aren't going back home to Poland or Slovakia, That's just fiction. If you get out enough, you'll know first hand that there are lots of Romanians coming to the UK and I mean alot.

Fair enough, but that doesn't give you or anybody the right or entitlement as you like to call it. To trash the view of the majority and when that is put to the people in a democratic vote, The result should be respected!
    The result is too narrow and too divisive. Smae would have been if it was the other way around, if Remain won. I see this trend almost everywhere, you can't have a meaningful conversation anymore.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Fair enough, but that doesn't give you or anybody the right or entitlement as you like to call it. To trash the view of the majority and when that is put to the people in a democratic vote, The result should be respected!
      I don't have to respect it. I have to live with it or move, but it will never get my respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
        I don't have to respect it. I have to live with it or move, but it will never get my respect.
        You don't respect the result of a democratically held referendum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          The result is too narrow and too divisive. Smae would have been if it was the other way around, if Remain won. I see this trend almost everywhere, you can't have a meaningful conversation anymore.
          When people are being reasonable you can always have a meaningful conversation. But when a minority of a minority don't accept a democratic decision, what are we suppose to do? Say oh sorry you are right even though you are not the majority. Last I heard the GB has used the First Past the Post system for over a hundred years. I didn't like it when Blair got voted in in 97, But I respected the decision of the majority.
          Does it not occur to anybody that the 52% had to endure the will of a minority for DECADES????

Comment

You don't respect the result of a democratically held referendum?
            No. It was won with despicable lies and xenophobia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bus 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1470005Click image for larger version

Name:	bus.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1470006Click image for larger version

Name:	bus3.jpeg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1470007

Comment

No. It was won with despicable lies and xenophobia.

[ATTACH]42835[/ATTACH][ATTACH]42836[/ATTACH][ATTACH]42837[/ATTACH]
              point out on that pic where its states we WILL FUND THE NHS 350 mil a week , it clearly does not say that , but you will twist it to suit , it says lets fund our nhs instead ,, no figure given for the nhs just the figure going to the eu each week ,,check the other pic , you see refugees , i see invaders , isis , note no women or kids , zara ,get real . ,,,shit i broke my promise ,, Toby carry on lol
              Last edited by tankie; 12 Dec 16,, 17:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                point out on that pic where its states we WILL FUND THE NHS 350 mil a week , it clearly does not say that , but you will twist it to suit , it says lets fund our nhs instead ,, no figure given for the nhs just the figure going to the eu each week ,,check the other pic , you see refugees , i see invaders , isis , note no women or kids , zara ,get real . ,,,shit i broke my promise ,, Toby carry on lol
                Thanks Tankie....Well seeing as 52% of the British people are apparently imbeciles according to Zara. Thought I'd post a picture of a Red bus touring Germany leading up to the UK referendum. I think you'll find it more accurate and more persuasive if you were inclined to vote leave....
                Click image for larger version

Name:	busz.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1470009
                I couldn't find a white stick to replace the umbrella ...apologies
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Toby; 12 Dec 16,, 19:11. Reason: image size to big

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/politics...w-marr-lansley

Comment

• Looooove it �� note it says lets give ,,not we will , ps you broke your promise as well huh , ��
                    Last edited by tankie; 12 Dec 16,, 19:37.

Comment

• Fact remains it was definitely claimed... not that the Brexit people had the power to deliver.

I think you are looking at April/May election in the UK particularly if the Supreme Court upholds the Court of Appeal verdict that Parliament must vote for Article 50 implementation; I cannot see how, given the current majority, the Government could force through a vote for Article 50 by the end of March as it's timetable requires. If the PM loses a vote on Article 50 election must follow if she is to have any chance of implementing the 'will of the people'. Seems pretty likely the Conservatives would be returned with an increased majority but it is nigh on inevitable that the election would turn into a wider debate about what Brexit means and how to go about it etc...

Comment

Thanks Tankie....Well seeing as 52% of the British people are apparently imbeciles according to Zara. Thought I'd post a picture of a Red bus touring Germany leading up to the UK referendum. I think you'll find it more accurate and more persuasive if you were inclined to vote leave....
                        No, I said that the idea of electing judges was imbecilic.

Comment

• The second problem is that if the Supreme Court decides that parliament does not have to vote and that the referendum alone already expresses the will of the people then the EU - if they wanted to make things problematic for May - could quite legally interpret June 24th as the date on which Article 50 was invoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                            The second problem is that if the Supreme Court decides that parliament does not have to vote and that the referendum alone already expresses the will of the people then the EU - if they wanted to make things problematic for May - could quite legally interpret June 24th as the date on which Article 50 was invoked.
                            I think such a claim would be challenged and another court case would ensue where such a claim would almost certainly be defeated. As zara has said the referendum was not legally binding on the British Government - merely morally so - so it's legal force, or rather lack of, cannot be interpreted as triggering Article 50.

Comment

No, I said that the idea of electing judges was imbecilic.
                              To who??

You said
                              "Doesn't matter. Your squalid little poll is nothing compared to the British constitution.
                              And Leave doesn't mean no negotiation. That's just imbecilic."

to me. SO me and the 52% are imbeciles??? or were you talking to the tooth fairy?
                              Don't worry I also noticed you've failed to acknowledge a few points, such as Britain being the EU's main investment banker etc

Comment

To who??

You said
                                "Doesn't matter. Your squalid little poll is nothing compared to the British constitution.
                                And Leave doesn't mean no negotiation. That's just imbecilic."

to me. SO me and the 52% are imbeciles??? or were you talking to the tooth fairy?
                                Don't worry I also noticed you've failed to acknowledge a few points, such as Britain being the EU's main investment banker etc
                                'no negotiation' is imbecilic.
                                You are trying really hard to drag in insult out of me, I'm not going to take the bait. Sorry.

Britain is the EU's main investment bank yep. For now. Lets see how long that lasts post brexit. Most of its going to New York from what I'm reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X