This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kato View Post
    It doesn't say anything about the tyranny of the majority... err, democracy either.
    One reason the Electoral College was created was so "that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications".....Is that still working for you?? lol
    Last edited by Toby; 11 Dec 16,, 16:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
      Hysterical? If you spoke to them you wouldnt say that. A Slovenian friend was going to buy a house but now she has to wait years to see if she'll be able to stay. She can't just put her life on hold as she wants a baby so they've decided to move to France.
      But more fundamently some of them claim they just don't feel welcome here anymore. Perhaps that will pass, but they just don't seem to want to be here any longer, and that's the point.

Romanians, Russians, Brazilians and Guyanans. Any more you want to add to that list?
      The majority of the people I work for are foreign, they're not leaving. They've invested to much of their lives here.
      I'm all for a healthy controlled influx of migrant workers. But as it stands wages and therefore living standards are being driven down by uncontrolled migration. Which is basically what the EU is all about. Unlike you Zara I care about my own country and the people who are actually British.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Good luck Toby . tara.
        lol, cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
          Unlike you Zara I care about my own country and the people who are actually British.
          Toby, I do care about the UK and that includes Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. If I didnt care the referendum result wouldn't bother me.

Comment

It's 'squalid' because it was immediately followed by a huge rise in hate crime. Polish people recieved notices describing them as vermin and told them to go home.
            Thats a media invention

A politician was murdered
            By a nutter

and the various leave campaigns played on fear of foreigners and migrants ('breaking point). My friends have been warned by their embassies not to speak their native languages on the streets for fear of abuse or attack.
            Well nobody has bothered to tell the Asian communites

What's not squalid about that?
            Media driven fantasy
            Question my identity? Weird thing to say..
            You seem to care more about the EU and migrant workers than you do for your own people.......... I've seen this type of thing before though, some people care more about animals than they do about people, what ever turns you on I guess.

Comment

Toby, I do care about the UK and that includes Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. If I didnt care the referendum result wouldn't bother me.
              and yet you can't see how strange it is that Gina Miller and friend, neither British born have brought this court action. Puppets in a play I'd say.

Comment

One reason the Electoral College was created was so "that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications".....Is that still working for you?? lol
                I think you're mistaking me for one of the guys here from across the pond.

If we're going with Hamilton though... "the majority must be rendered unable to concert and carry into effect schemes of oppression." Sound applicable here?

Comment

I think you're mistaking me for one of the guys here from across the pond.

If we're going with Hamilton though... "the majority must be rendered unable to concert and carry into effect schemes of oppression." Sound applicable here?
                  Following this train of thought, If the remain camp had won. That too would have been oppression?

Comment

• The oppression of the status quo ante.

Comment

The oppression of the status quo ante.
                      Which is why we had a referendum.

Comment

That's a media invention
                        I don't what to say about this. I guess it's here our realities diverge.

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                        You seem to care more about the EU and migrant workers than you do for your own people.......... I've seen this type of thing before though, some people care more about animals than they do about people, what ever turns you on I guess.
                        I want the UK to remain in the EU because I beleive it's best for the people of the UK and the wider world. That's all.

Comment

Which is why we had a referendum.
                          You had a referendum because Cameron thought he could lose it with a slim enough margin to be able to further extort the European Union. Just like about every British Prime Minister since Thatcher.

Comment

You had a referendum because Cameron thought he could lose it with a slim enough margin to be able to further extort the European Union. Just like about every British Prime Minister since Thatcher.
                            And what about the ones before Thatcher , Churchill for example. !!

Comment

I find it very hard to believe that so much would be gambled on such a narrow margin... Ladbrokes would laughingly take your money!
                              As for extorting the EU...with what? our own money?????

Comment

I don't what to say about this. I guess it's here our realities diverge.
                                The media highlights what it chooses, because it has an agenda. It never says anything about the vast majority that have settled and experience no problems and are in fact welcomed. and also aren't going back home to Poland or Slovakia, That's just fiction. If you get out enough, you'll know first hand that there are lots of Romanians coming to the UK and I mean alot.

I want the UK to remain in the EU because I beleive it's best for the people of the UK and the wider world. That's all
                                Fair enough, but that doesn't give you or anybody the right or entitlement as you like to call it. To trash the view of the majority and when that is put to the people in a democratic vote, The result should be respected!
                                Last edited by Toby; 12 Dec 16,, 11:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X