X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Grape
    replied
    This was all planned long ago. Even the BBC knew. All part of the plan to cause confusion among the Europeans.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Preventing war in Europe depends on two relationships; Germany and France and Germany and Muscovy. The point is to keep the Germans onside. This is now less likely - as well as the continuation of EU sanctions etc - as a result of this disaster.
    I also call bullshit to this bowl or horse puck! If the EU is dictating to the UK right now the shape of a banana or a cucumber, what makes you think London has any chance at all at stopping a Berlin-Moscow Alliance?

Your position is knee deep in horse puck!

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    A PM elected at a General election doesn't have more democratic legimitacy than one elected by his/her own MPs? An election gives a mandate.
    Are you kidding me? Explain a minority government!

Actually the Labour Party elect their National Executive Committee and the Deputy Leader I think - nor, as with Corbyn, is the vote restricted to sitting Labour MPs.
    I call bullshit now! This has nothing to do with Labour but everything to do with your claims of British service! You at least should have known when you were going to be fired!

That is ... if you ever held a job.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 28 Jun 16,, 03:00.

Leave a comment:

• snapper
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Than you would have a directly elected President, not PM.
    A PM elected at a General election doesn't have more democratic legimitacy than one elected by his/her own MPs? An election gives a mandate.

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    I call bullshit. You have no idea whatsover how a parliamentary system works
    Actually the Labour Party elect their National Executive Committee and the Deputy Leader I think - nor, as with Corbyn, is the vote restricted to sitting Labour MPs.

Leave a comment:

• Chunder
    replied
    Quite aware of that a PM needs to have a majority to pass a Law etc... Not my point though. Is a Prime Minister elected solely by 300 odd MPs more democratically legitimate than one elected by the nation? Those who voted for Brexit harp on about 'democracy' when then should have thought of peace in Europe imv but it seems ironic that the new PM will be elected by Tory MPs only - and I have been in the past both a Conservative and UKIP Party member.
    You were educated at Cambridge but have no idea how the Westminster system works? The ignorance is absolutely staggering.

In a WESTMINSTER systems we vote for parties (or independents if we feel they will prosecute the voters interests better) who articulate (or are supposed to) policy positions. This party elects a person who it feels best is able to articulate/prosecute it's policy and lead National security cabinet. Like a chairman/woman for instance. That's called the Prime Minister.

There's a difference. It's argued that the balance in a Westminster system is kept more organic because cabinet is more influential over what would amount to identity politics and concern for their own seats. Contrary to belief, Prime ministers do loose the confidence of their cabinet or factions, and get deposed. This system is then tested and accepted at the ballet box by the general public. Governments don't win elections, they LOOSE elections. You want to popularly elect a chairman to that Cabinet?!?!

Stay LOST, despite a veritable arsenal of the whoose who in the world. In other words, you had the uppermost hand by a country mile. But you still lost.

It doesn't particularly bother me where the U.K goes. I'm with yellar. The Left is always carping on about the far right, ascribing it's actions to everyone on the right, but are far more brazen to silence & revoke the rights of those that don't feel the same way as them, over and over and over again. This is the latest shining example of how the left doesn't really respect democracy. It's venom is palpable.

Hurry up and Die Old white people.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    That cloud looks very phallic if you ask me

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Caption this

UK floating free somewhere near Ukraine .

your go yella .

[ATTACH]41677[/ATTACH]
    Yes, that map is of England and if LIP has it's way, that little green dot will be London.

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Quite aware of that a PM needs to have a majority to pass a Law etc... Not my point though. Is a Prime Minister elected solely by 300 odd MPs more democratically legitimate than one elected by the nation? Those who voted for Brexit harp on about 'democracy' when then should have thought of peace in Europe imv but it seems ironic that the new PM will be elected by Tory MPs only - and I have been in the past both a Conservative and UKIP Party member.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35931968
    I call bullshit. You have no idea whatsover how a parliamentary system works

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    ?..... and do like to quaff grogg somewhat ol chap.....
    Understatement of the century.

That's like saying the Colonel likes to visit Chez Mado somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
    Personally, I steer clear of infowars. "Alex Jones" is all anyone should have to say or hear in order to realize how ridiculous it is to even lend any shred of credibility.

Information and decision making shouldn't be based off of a preference. That's a very obvious bias. I don't have much "ire" as you put it. His overly aggressive approach in the video is merely an emotional appeal to his viewers. Classic infowars style approach. If you find a notorious fear-mongering propagandist agreeable, then knock yourself out. But, don't mistake my incredulous reaction for an emotional reaction. It was more of a "wow, I really expected better from you."
    How condescendingly dimwitted of you.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Im 65 ,very middle aged and do like to quaff grogg somewhat ol chap , yella is to young to vote , as for the Col , im not going there ha .

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Colonel , Sir , please stop using my name i have crowds of kids round my place screaming , kill the old c##t ,,,,,, its his fault hahaha
    and here I thought you were younger, at least middle aged, since you do like to knock back a pint most likely in a pub. Then again I thought snapper was male for some reason. Just goes to prove you can never tell who/what you are dealing with on the net. I am now calling into question my impression of Yellow Fever and the Colonel. Then again I may not go there....

Back to Brexit part deux?

Leave a comment:

• Red Team
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    They would've been called old angry white men and be dismissed. But I don't think there would have been such the same reaction. Do recall the LEAVE side was expected to lose. Even Tankie was resigned to that fact.

That the old angry white men didn't give the entitled liberal millenials their victory while they were pubbing is what got their panties in a knot.
    Col,

Not to dismiss the effects of the generational divide on the vote, but it's also to my understanding that voter apathy has become quite pronounced due to a political system rife with petty infighting and disinformation. How can we, or really any voter regardless of age or background, be expected to make an informed vote on an issue of this magnitude when we are bombarded with messages calling us racists if we vote one way or unpatriotic if we vote the other? And this isn't just with the Brexit vote.

I state this not as an excuse those who didn't vote, because I truely believe it is one's most important civic duty, but as a way to describe the frustration I have towards a system that has continually failed to foster some iota of rational understanding between its citizens.

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Team View Post
    Speaking as a layman who is agnostic on Brexit, what is it about questioning the logistics of the referendum that makes one an "entitled liberal millenial?" Would the same arguments have not been made if the sides were switched, given the narrow margin of victory? Note that I'm discussing this within the framework of "tyranny of the majority," which is an important aspect of the American republic.
    I'm pointing to the sum total of the body work, which is has gone past the point of ridiculous.

But let's just take that referendum percentage. Ask yourself this, would Scotland go for a super majority referendum? If not, why?

The problem with referenda of this type is that about half of citizens feel that their rights are being deprived by the status quo while the other half favor the status quo for reasons of stability and security. If you come out with a super majority referendum, it would never be seen as legitimate by possibly the majority of your people. As soon as you make the proposal, there would be months or years of political wrangling until it went right back to simple majority.

So you could stop a referendum of this type by political means, but there were no preexisting compacts in your country on how this is done and a large portion of the population who actually want it, where the minority feels it's a matter of prosperity but the majority feels it's about rights and freedoms, you will get a simple majority vote from a democratic political process.

Devating this question isn't stupid. Being so presumptuous in the superiority of his own intelligence and the wisdom of the city of Los Angeles compared to the British people is quite obnoxious. Then add on the insinuations about other people's votes being less legitimate, and the city of London being more important, and it's just lost all seriousness.

Oh, and one more point. The old timers who voted leave voted for the long term freedom of Britain and the rights of her people.

The young people who voted to stay then questioned the intelligence of the old voted for MONEY and are hypnotized by short term moves in the market.

Who will prove wiser over time? The millennials should be damn glad their forefathers are still around to a good decision.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
    Frankly, I don't really care one way or the other if the UK exits the European Union or not.

But I was just enjoying the reaction by the left immensely...until I realized this might mean Madonna is contemplating a move back to the States.

Tankie, get the old codgers to rethink their votes and repeal the referendum.

If we're stuck with Celine, you're stuck with Madonna.
    No.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X